013.

Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

013.

 

 

Everything felt like the end of the world for Yura. She’s still in the middle of serious shock from the DNA result and now, her daughter successfully overheard their conversation. It’s as if the world’s trying to attack her in rows–giving her no space to breathe. Having to deal with the truth about Sehun was actually enough for her to take in but now she also had to find ways to face Sora and lie again. Sora couldn’t yet find out about Sehun, not when Yura still had it hard to accept the truth.

“Honey… No-” she was about to respond when she saw Sehun stood up and walked toward Sora. He carried and hugged her tightly on his embrace without any words spoken. Yura could see a bold shadow of pain in his eyes. He tried so hard to smile and act tough after all that she’d just said to him. She knew she was being so rude but she had every right to do so. She's struggled years long from her pregnancy days all on her own without knowing how could she get pregnant and who’s the father who didn’t even dare to confess that he’d taken his ity away. Let alone she ended up pregnant, at least he should’ve let her know that he’s the one who took it all from her.

“Sora-ah, why did you go out? Mommy told you to stay inside, wasn't she?” Sehun slowly caressed her hair and let her leaned her head on his chest–snuggling closer to find comfort on him.

“I wanted to pee…” she innocently answered.

Sehun let out a sheer yet sincere smile and was ready to stand up but Sora stopped her. “I don’t want to pee anymore. I want to know about my father!”

Sehun froze on his spot as his body fell back to the couch with Sora on his lap. There were so much running through his mind but he had to come across a quick answer. He couldn’t explain how much he wanted to hug her and tell that he’s the father she’s been wondering about but Sehun knew his place. He’s on the wrong side and thinking from Yura’s perspective, he’s relieved that she still allowed him to be there. He admitted that if he were her, he would kick himself out of the room and tell him not to come back.

“No… Your father-,” Sehun paused–trying so hard not to break his voice, “I believe mommy will soon find your father.”

“Huh… I thought he’s here already…” she replied weakly before began crying on Sehun’s chest.

Yura hates to see her daughter cry. She’s so young but she had to gone through so much so the least she could do was to prevent her from crying. Not wanting to watch the painful scene longer, she quickly stood up to approach Sehun but stopped when her eyes caught Sora holding onto Sehun’s shirt tightly as if she didn’t want to let go. He’s no better than Kris but something about their bond is stronger than Sora and Kris. The way he carried her was awkward but it seemed so right.

“Candy… Don’t cry,” all Yura could do for now was fixing Sora’s messy hair and said nothing more.

Sehun eyed her to wait until Sora calmed down and she stepped back willingly. He threw a meaningful smile before checking Sora and turned out there were no tears left on her. “Aigoo! Sora is so smart! Sora can stop crying in a blink of an eye!” Sehun exclaimed–playfully blinked his eyes once to Yura.

Seeing his action, Yura suddenly felt relieved and warm at the same time. She’s put aside her anger, pain, and disappointment and thought of it as a grace for her daughter finally sat on the lap of her own father. Years passed and she couldn’t deny that all she’s ever wanted was to let her daughter know about her father. As much as she wanted to explode and throw tantrum –making the rest of his life spent with regret– she wanted Sora to know that she’s born the same way as the other kid and give her chance to feel the love of a father.

“But why did mommy talk about my father?” Sora asked with a disappointed tone.

Yura heaved a sigh and her eyes diverted to Sehun for help unwittingly. She didn’t know how to answer her. Her heart was in pain. She could just tell her that she wasn’t talking about her father but she couldn’t bear to lie again, not when the father’s actually there on her arms.

“Say anything. We’ll figure it out later,” Sehun mouthed her and she just hated the way Sehun appeased her. Yura hated how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter