Bonus Chapter

Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BONUS CHAPTER

 

 

“Okay okay okay doctor! Calm down everybody! The husband is here! I’m the father!” Sehun chanted from the corner of the hallway to no one as he ran to the labor room. There was one nurse standing in front staring at him in daze because she really didn’t know what he was talking about.

“I’m the father!” Sehun tried to catch his breath as he bowed down tiredly and raised his right arm infront of the dumbfounded nurse.

The nurse nodded her head in confusion, “Okay… You’re the father… But the father of who?”

Sehun closed his eyes in despair when he realized he hadn’t mentioned Yura’s name and ended up embarrassing himself. He was practicing in the office for another comeback when the hospital called to inform that Yura was signed into the labor room in the middle of treating a patient. She’s lucky that she’s a doctor in the hospital, so she could immediately be saved from losing too much blood. And fortunately, she was still in a stable condition to perform a labor instead of C-section.

“Dr. Oh Yura. I’m the husband of Dr. Oh Yura, one of the pediatrician here,” he panted only to shock the senior nurse in front of him. Maybe she was too old to remember that Dr. Oh Yura, the most known young pediatrician in the hospital, was married to EXO’s Sehun, and that she was already in her 50, it’s impossible for her to recognize his face because she was never into K-pop even from before. 

The nurse bowed her back immediately as she opened him the door behind her. “I’m really sorry, Mr. Oh. Please come with me,” she said before she rushed inside the labor room.

Sehun had to clean up and sterilized his body first and he needed to wear a surgeon coat before he went inside the room. He had already cringed from the sterilizing room because the voice of Yura’s cry could be heard clearly from outside.

"You said she's okay? All the crazy screaming and you dare to tell me she's okay? She doesn’t sound okay!” Sehun nagged for thousand times already in panic when the nursed tied close the surgeon coat on his back.

“She is okay. Every woman would cry and scream their soul out when they deliver the baby. Isn’t he your second child?" she asked.

“I wasn’t there during my daughter's delivering process,” he lied – not wanting to turn the tensed situation into an emotional story pouring. He could stay there forever explaining how much guilty he is.

The nurse gave him the mask before she held the doorknob to the labor room, waiting until Sehun put it properly on his face while she also put one for her. “If this is your first time then be ready. Just look at her face if you can’t stand the blood.”

“Please just do it already! Please doctor please I can’t take this anymore!!!!” Yura kept on crying out her unbearable pain as she held onto the handgrip on her side. There were two nurses on each side to soothe her down and to wipe the tears and sweat for her. Sehun gasped in disbelief when he saw the amount of blood flowing out from her lower. He really wanted to kill the doctor for letting her suffer the pain doing nothing but telling her to push harder.

“It’s okay… The baby is slowly coming out, Yura. You can do this. You’re never a poltroon once in your life. Stop cursing and push your breath harder. A little bit more,” the obstetrician was luckily one of her best friend who worked in the same hospital, therefore she could speak casually to support Yura on delivering the child.

“Look! Your husband is here!” the obstetrician exclaimed when she spotted Sehun walking cowardly behind the nurse – not sure of what to do. “You can take the place beside her, Sehun-sshi,” the obstetrician nicely told him to stand by the bed beside Yura.

“Yura…” Sehun immediately held her hand and intertwined his finger with hers. “Just grip my hand. Try to wreak all the pain to me, okay?” he said tenderly as he offered his hand as the substitute of the handgrip.

“Oppa. I can’t hold it anymore…” Yura cried out and grasped onto Sehun’s hand really tight, making him winced silently from the pain but he didn’t mind. He was going to scold the doctor for doing nothing but the doctor mouthed him silently to make her feel better. “Just tell her the baby is coming out. Everything’s fine. It’s just take longer than it’s supposed to,” she mouthed.

Sehun had no choice but to follow her order because if he went frantic and spit out his anger, it would just make the atmosphere turned worse. “It’s okay. I’ve seen the baby’s head earlier, baby. It’s coming out only if his mother stops saying that she gives up. You can do this. I believe you, okay? I love you. I’m here with you. Just hold onto my hand. Anything. But please stop saying you can’t.”

Yura screamed really loud once again to pushed harder, and harder, and harder each time she tried after she heard his words, until the crying voice of the newborn baby echoed through the air inside the labor room.

“Congratulations Yura and Sehun-sshi, it’s a girl!” the doctor pulled out the baby and showed her to S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter