017.

Reverie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

017.

 

 

“What are you doing here?”

That was how cold and rude Yura’s respond the first time she noticed Sehun’s presence. Her smile from before had faded into a scornful frown and her eyes couldn’t lie that she wasn’t pleased about his presence there.

Kris stared at them in exchanged awkwardly and his head worked so hard to find way to break the ice. He jumped off the stool and nervously smiled to welcome Sehun there. He also felt really bad that Sehun had to witnessed them hugging intimately before but he hoped Sehun would understand the situation.

“Since when did you become a morning person?” Kris jested at him and walked closer to grab the bag he’s carrying.

“I brought you breakfast. Won't you praise me or something?” Sehun gladly lifted the paper bag on his hand while the other hand held onto several bags filled with Yura’s favorite snacks and foods. He’s able to list Yura’s favorite on his head though she only mentioned it once on their talk before and he decided to bring her everything.

“Thank you but you can go now and take the food with you,” Yura rudely said with a plain expression and Kris immediately scolded her.

“Yura. That’s not nice of you,” he said, staring helplessly at Yura and pleaded her to behave through his eyes.

“Talking about rude, you should’ve just said it to him, Oppa. Rude is not rejecting a breakfast offer for someone who’s harmed your life. Rude is lying for four years straight and abandoning his own daughter to live his fabulous life,” she said, surprising both Kris and Sehun and immediately left to her bedroom. 

“Sorry for that. She still needs time,” Kris tried to console Sehun and grabbed the bags from him approaches as Sehun just walked limply behind Kris.

“So, you know about it already?”

“Hmm?” Kris requested him to repeat his word because he was too busy enjoying the first bite of Kyungsoo’s sandwich.

“You… know?” Sehun carefully repeated his question unclearly this time–wanting to avoid slipping on his words.

“Uh-huh. Not knowing the whole story because I found out everything from Sora, not her mother, ” he casually answered while chewing deliciously, “Gosh, I miss Kyungsoo’s sandwich. That kid’s just getting better!”

Now the only thing that crossed through Sehun’s head was how to let him know, in a polite way, that he wanted to be with Yura and that he didn’t want her to be with anyone else. It’s probably similar to telling Kris to stay away from her and to not steal her away from him.

“I love her, Hyung.  I love her so much but I don’t know how to pay for everything.”

“Are you telling me to back off or something?” Kris mockingly sneered without stopping on his food though his heart sank into a small piece. “I’m not going anyway, if that’s what you want to know. But I’m not on the game either so guess I’m not a threat for you.” 

Kris didn’t give Sehun a chance to speak even though his face used to be on fire when he said he wouldn’t go away, “First of all, I think all you need to do is just to be there for her. You’re not there with her for four years. At least try to stay on her side every time starting from now.”

“I've almost killed you just now, you know,” Sehun heaved a sigh.

“What? Are you going to back away if I declare that I’m on the game too just like you do?”

“No! Of course not!” Sehun quickly opposed and looked panic for a second. “But what if she keeps on pushing me away?”

“Then just stay still,” he calmly responded. 

“What if-“

Kris has been answering his questions casually but the way Sehun let his fear got in his way began to annoy him. “Stop saying ‘what if’ if you’re serious about getting her. Even if there are thousand men chasing after her, that shouldn’t be the reason for you to stop and think. Do you even love her?”

“I love her, Hyung.”

“You don’t sound like you really love her with all the fear you constantly show me, you know.”

Sehun was locked in silence once again. Now that he thought about it, he himself was the one who’s getting on his own way. He just stayed in silent until Yura suddenly appeared tidily on her outfit. Looked like she's going out and Sehun suddenly became awkward to himself.

“Kris-oppa, can you drop me off? I really don’t feel like driving today.”

Kris could’ve just said yes but he wanted to help Sehun. Maybe if he drove her today, they would at least talk a bit on the way. “I’ve promised Sora I’ll pick her up today,” Kris lied as he eyed Sehun to just follow his game because Sehun was supposed to be the one who picked up Sora today.

“But I think Sehun can drop you off,” he continued and Yura’s eyes almost popped out of its place.

Yura stayed calm and glanced at Sehun coldly, “I’m getting my keys.”

Before she got to leave to her bedroom, Kris caught her arms. “If you don’t feel like driving then don’t drive.”

“And you expect me to go with him? I’d rather drive alone and crash on my way.”

“KHLOE RYURA!” Kris was beyond mad when he heard her reckless words. “I know you’re mad but at least keep your head straight! Don’t play too far with your words!”

Sehun quickly shifted over in between them and pushed Kris to the back. Now that he stood close in front of Yura, he had all the guts to man up and spoke. “Kris-hyung is right. You must be tired from staying up late. I will drive you, okay?”

“No.”

“Yura, will you just be less stubborn and listen to us?”

“No.”

“Yura, please.”

“I said no."

“Khloe Ryura.”

“What?”

“I’ll drive you.”

“But don’t talk to me.”

 

---

 

“Are we going left or right on the next traffic light?” Sehun pretended to be clueless about the road when in fact he knew the way to Yura’s university. He just wanted to begin even a short conversation with her now that they’re getting closer to the destination.

“Left,” she simply answered without even looking at him.  

Sehun silently sighed. “Have you eaten?”

“I don’t think it’s your business.”

Another sigh and he came up with another topic, “About Sora’s birthday, it’s two weeks from now, right?”

Yura nodded, again without any words spoken but Sehun wouldn’t give up easily.

“Let’s throw her birthday party!”

“I’ve planned a birthday dinner for her.”

“Can I come?”

“You can’t meet my family until I tell them everything.”

“Can I meet her then?”

“I’ll find time for you to meet her later.”

Sehun couldn’t stand her behavior and decided to apologize all over again. Maybe that’s what she wanted to hear from him, an endless apology. “I’m sorry, Yura. If there’s anything I could do to make it all up to you-“

“I thought we’re clear about this,” she spitted out sarcastically.

Out from his control, Sehun’s face went red and he just exploded without him knowing. “You know what? Do you think I can live my life peacefully all these times? Do you think my life is all glittery just like what you thought? I couldn't come earlier just because I was too afraid to lose you! Not that I don’t want to be liable for everything I’ve done. I went through countless sleepless nights from thinking about you and our daughter! Without you wanting it, you and Sora have become my life! What do I do with that? You’re the mother of my daughter–our daughter! I know how much wrong I am all these times but please, please at least don’t do this to me and let me do what I have to do as a father. I’m not as bad as what you thought, I swear to God. I’m here to take responsibility of you and Sora because you know what? You both are my priority now. You both are my priority ever since long time ago. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry I can even kneel down in front of you now to tell you how guilty I am all these times.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter