Getting to know each other

Wedding Chains [HIATUS]

The bright light of the sun Baekhyun's face and had woke him up. He gradually opened his eyes and closed it again when it was alteady halfway open. He did it at least three times until his spirit completely broke out. He lifted his head up and realized he slept on Chanyeol's shoulder in which soft smile molded on his lips as he stared at Chanyeol's angelic face. He was infatuated by his eyelashes, pointed nose and dull yet lovely looking lips that compliments well with the morning sky, green grasses and birds chirping.

 

He felt his heart leaping and eventually, he sensed the urge to kiss him.

And that's what he's doing as he draws his face nearer.

 

He was about to successfully lay his lips on Chanyeol's face but as he expelled his breath through his nose, Chanyeol was halted from sleeping and immediately smacked and palmed Baekhyun's face away.

 

"Freak, remember that any form of thievery is a crime. I may not be able to put you into jail but still, I could make you suffer like a prisoner."

"Ugh." Baekhyun grunted. "You're so bipolar! Sometimes you're kind. Sometimes, you're super evil."

"Correction." Chanyeol stood up and brushed the dirt off his pants. "I'm an evil all the way."

"Whatever! Stop being such a charlatan. I know you're actually an angel—"

 

Chanyeol walked off and quickly climbed up the cliff which produced astonishment in Baekhyun's mind for a while.

 

"H-hey!" Baekhyun rose up and tried to follow Chanyeol yet he could hardly do so. "Are you going to leave me here?!"

 

Chanyeol turned his back and Baekhyun could only watch him leave and vanish. His heart tightened up and tears unknowingly fell from his eyes. Hours passed and Chanyeol seemed to be impossibly coming back again.

But out of the blue, he heard the sound of horses galloping nearer and the gleam of hope that was slowly fading away, brightened up again. He raised his head up and there on the edge are the palace soldiers, and Chanyeol mounted on horses, looking so cool, like a prince with his hair that’s being wafted.

 

"I went to your house and called these brats." He said upon unraveling a rope down the slope. "Use this."

 

Baekhyun bobbled his head and reached for the rope's end in no time. His ankle still hurts bit but he was fortunately able to endure it and one more fortunate thing is that Chanyeol's tail was cut that time and his hand was there to help him out.

And finally, they were successfully able to rescue Baekhyun up.

 

"I thought...you already left me." Baekhyun timidly uttered, head bowed down.

"Stop being so dramatic and ride the horse."

 

Baekhyun leisurely upheaved his head up and peeped on Chanyeol's face. Their eyes met and for that moment, Baekhyun envisioned clouds and intense glow of unsuppressed light on Chanyeol.

 

"What? Stop being a floozy bimbo imagining preposterous things and hurry up!"

 

Well maybe next time,

 

Baekhyun chuckled. He can't believe that the captivating angel he saw earlier turned into a dark-spirited devil in the blink of an eye. He pursed his lips as he sauntered, dragging his feet and charily went up the horse. Chanyeol followed then and held the bridle which quite—no totally, struck Baekhyun.

 

"You know how to ride a horse?!"

"My grandfather forcibly taught me when I was a kid. Hold on my shirt tightly."

 

Cow-eyed, Baekhyun gripped unto Chanyeol's shirt and leaned his head on Chanyeol's back. His shirt still has the scent of perfume that gets blown as they battled through the wind and for him it indeed gives a different feeling.

 

For him, he’s learning more about him, step by step, and he feels overwhelmed by it.

 

The moon provides radiance to the dark sky. Baekhyun opened the door softly in which it creaked. He slithered in and slid the door close carefully. Chanyeol was lying on the bed and he’s apparently sleeping. Baekhyun smiled then dragged his wounded feet as he hovered nearer, taking a close look on Chanyeol’s face. He kneeled and placed his arms on the edge of their bed, one over the other and after a minute of idiotically smiling and gazing on Chanyeol’s sleeping appearance, he warily lied down on the floor and closed his eyes.

 

“Freak.” Chanyeol whispered all of a sudden. “Why are you there?”

“Sleeping. “ Baekhyun uttered and whirled around .”Goonight Jagi—“

“Sleep here.” Chanyeol bossed in a deep husky voice. Baekhyun vigorously turned with a bright beam on his face. “Really? We’ll sleep in one bed?!”

“Well, for today, I guess. Since your ankle hurts.” Chanyeol picked up a huge pillow and placed it beside him as if it is a divider. “But you can’t go beyond this pillow!”

“Okay okay! I swear I won’t go beyond that pillow!” He leaped up and jumped on the bed. “So comfortable~”

“Be quiet! I’m going to sleep.” Chanyeol faced the contrasting side from Baekhyun’s.

“Goodnight!” Baekhyun smiled from ear to ear.

“Yeah.” Chanyeol nonchalantly responded that kind of took Baekhyun aback. And that night, he slept peacefully with a toothy smile on his lips.