Beside each other

Wedding Chains [HIATUS]

In the end, Chanyeol wasn't able to eat breakfast.

Moreover, they got scolded and thrown on a mountain for one night provided only with a mattress to sleep on.

 

"It's your fault! I told you not to go out!" Baekhyun stomped his feet and plucked a leaf from a plant beside him.

"Is it really my fault? Who's the one who cooked a junk for me?"

"Y-you should've atleast ate it!"

"You should've atleast asked the cook in your house instead." Chanyeol retorted as he took a seat on the grass.

"Be thankful that I've done that for you! That's a special recipe of mine. Plus, it's my duty as your wife." Baekhyun bit his lip.

"That's because you're so desperate. Just set me free and enjoy let us both enjoy our lives. And besides, we won't be happy to be with each other because none of us loves one another. It'll be useless and we'll both suffer."

"But I do love you!" Baekhyun defended.

"Love? How can you consider your feeling as love when you just liked me physically? And when you just met me?"

"Why?!" Baekhyun grunted. "Have you ever fallen in love?"

 

Chanyeol twisted his head as he looked at Baekhyun, straight-faced. "No."

 

"Then how could you have known what love is?" Baekhyun placed his arms on his waist.

"At least I'm sure it takes a long time to feel that feeling for someone."

"Well, I don't care about that. I still won't let you go! I'm sure about my feelings!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

"You'll see what I'm talking about when time comes. You'll feel like you're sensing loneliness in your heart and realize what you had for me is just a mere admiration." Chanyeol hauled a sigh. "Now go and get tree branches for me. We'll set some fire. It's getting cold here."

 

Baekhyun smacked his mouth and gasped. "You know how to do that?!"

 

"I don't. But the lighter will help me." Chanyeol smirked.

"How were you able to bring that?!"

"You know, there's a part somewhere in our body that people don't bother to inspect. And I hid it there."

"I don't get you. What part is that?" Baekhyun arched his brows out of perplex.

"I'm blunt and coarse when I speak. But it's nothing to be mentioned. Now go and get some tree branches before we freeze here."

"Why must it be me?!" Baekhyun complained. "It must be you since you have a bigger body!"

 

"Didn't you say you love me? Why don't you prove it then?" Chanyeol lie down on the grass and rested his head on his arms.

 

"Alright!" Baekhyun angrily replied as he walked away with exasperation. Chanyeol closed his eyes but for a while, he suddenly heard the horrendous sound of something apparently howling which had made him unknowingly anxious. He immediately opened his eyes and stood up.

 

Baekhyun was really nowhere of his sight.

 

His heart started beating. It's dark and as far he knows, that guy is scared of darkness. He lumbered across desperately as he continuously turned his head from left to right.

 

"Baekhyun?!" He called. "Where are you?!"

 

He waited for an answer yet he heard no voice of response. He paced the halls until he saw Baekhyun's slipper

on the edge of the cliff.

 

He hastened, picked the slipper up and peeked down carefully, filled with guilt. "Baekhyun? Baekhyun are you there?”

 

Chanyeol anticipated for a moan at least. But he didn't hear any.

It was the deafening silence who kept answering his calls.

 

 

Baekhyun—upset and annoyed— battled his way through the melee in search of some tree branches. He turned his head around every corner and didn't mind where his feet take him. He mumbled to himself and continued walking away until all of a sudden, he slipped that one of his feet slid down and the other got hit by a stone and he could only slam his eyes shut. For a second, Baekhyun thought he’ll already be seeing the heaven but when he opened his eyes, he actually fell from a cliff that presumably only three feet high.

 

He expelled his breath and realized he was holding it in. He felt relieved. Unfortunately, his ankle seemingly got sprained and wounded.

 

Caressing the aching part, Baekhyun felt like crying. He doesn’t know how he could climb up. He felt so terrified but chose to be calm. Out of the blue, he heard footsteps coming near in which he fretted inside.

Well, not until he spoke.

 

"Baekhyun? Baekhyun are you there?


Baekhyun wasn’t able to say anything. His mouth was shut and his body trembles.

 

“Baekhyun are you there?!” Chanyeol repeated. Baekhyun opened his quivering mouth and tried to at least utter a word.
“H-help!”

“Are you alright?!” Chanyeol asked.

“Y-yes!” Baekhyun faltered.

“I’m going down. Wait for me!”

 

In an instant, Chanyeol skidded down the cliff and tumbled a bit. He can’t see anything but darkness. He stretched his hand out in which it kind of touched Baekhyun’s arm. “Where are you? I can’t see you.”

“I-I’m here.”

 

Baekhyun held Chanyeol’s hand and placed it on his cheeks that it gradually eased his heart. “I’m here.”

 

Chanyeol plucked his hand in an abrupt way yet grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and carefully helped him stand up. “Can you stand?”

“I-I can.” Baekhyun replied and tried to stand up. However, his knees suddenly felt weak and his ankle started drowning in pain and luckily, Chanyeol was smart enough to notice it.

“Did you sprain your ankle?” Chanyeol questioned.

“I think. But I can walk—“

“Draw near me.” Chanyeol commanded. Baekhyun was stunned but hurriedly hovered near. Chanyeol dragged him as he searched for a better place through his senses and cautiously let Baekhyun sit down. He fixed his clothing and took a seat beside Baekhyun then hauled a sigh. “We’ll be staying here until the morning comes.”

“O-okay.” Baekhyun stuttered. “I thought you won’t search for me.”

“I felt blameworthy. I think it’s just natural to do that sort of thing.”

“You really do have a tint of kindness.” Baekhyun giggled. “Now I’m really sure about my feelings.”

“About that,” Chanyeol paused. “Just shut up.”

 

Baekhyun smiled faintly and as the time goes by, he felt himself being engulfed in drowsiness and eventually dozed off that his head fell on Chanyeol’s shoulders. Chanyeol kind of hates it and thought about tossing his head away but he decided to just let it go for a day.