Definition of Love

Wedding Chains [HIATUS]

The disco balls started rotating, dispersing its light on the dance floor. Everything's bright and each and every one glimmer with happiness, same with Baekhyun who's 's started getting itchy, wanting to jump in the center.

 

"Where is Chanyeol? Seriously. I want to dance with the music already." He wiggled his and puffed his mouth.

"Wait a little longer." Kyungsoo replied, annoyed of the consecutive questions Baekhyun had thrown him. He tapped the table with his fingers in a staccato rhythm.

A little while ago, the three of them (Jongin, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo) planned to surprise Baekhyun and asked him not to stand up unless Chanyeol comes.

 

But it has been a while, and Kyungsoo feels disturbed already.

 

"Chan, where are you..." He whispered to himself. Baekhyun seem to have heard what Kyungsoo have muttered but he chose not to pay attention to it.

"Baek, I'll go to the comfort room for a while."

"Okay." Baekhyun answered, while he munched some green peas. Kyungsoo immediately hastened away. For a little while, Baekhyun avidly watched everyone on the dance floor. Not until this girl, with an annoying voice and presence appeared behind him.

"Hi!"

"Namseo? What are you doing here?" Baekhyun's brow knitted together in a frown. "And why were you hiding there?"

"Huh? What's with that question? Of course I'm a freshmen and this night's for us, right? Besides, I wasn't hiding." She took a seat beside Baekhyun and took out a bottle of alcohol out of her bag. "Want some?"

"What's that—"

"Shh." Namseo covered Baekhyun's lips with her fingers and grinned. "Chanyeol oppa asked me to bring this in." She took out some small wine cups and poured slight amount of wine on it. "Here, drink some. While you're waiting for him."

 

Baekhyun bit his gums. He's doubting whether to take it or not. But putting Namseo's naughtiness into consideration, and his incapability to endure the tempting sensation of his curiosity, he grabbed one and nonchalantly gulped it down.

 

"Happy? Now stop bothering me. And what's with the taste?" Baekhyun wiped the residue on his mouth. Namseo chuckled and stood up. "Chanyeol oppa should be on the way now. He told me something bad happened with the, surprises?—"

"What?"

"Chanyeol oppa's really working hard for a girl and prepared a huge event for her. I wonder who she is. So lucky."

"You're joking." Baekhyun clenched his fists. "Chanyeol only have me now."

"Uh huh. The question is, why isn't he around yet? Probably he's with that girl earlier. But at least he'll be going here right? Or maybe not." She plastered a smile. "And if you want to drink more, don't hesitate to pour some more—"

"Where is Chanyeol? We'll see how great of a liar you are!" Baekhyun infuriatedly yanked, prompting Namseo to twitch a bit.

"As I said, he's on his way here. Or maybe he's sleeping at his home now?–"

 

Without hesitation, Baekhyun dashed, unsure which way he should take. But just as he was already outside the venue, his head started hurting and his vision went blurry. Yet he was too desperate and unstoppable, that he continued walking along the dark alley.

Like droplets of rain, Chanyeol's sweat fell down his forehead. He looked at his watch: 10:30 PM; it said and he's three hours late from their supposed to be surprised event that could hopefully be put into reality. Why all the possible menace happened that last minute? He doesn’t know the answer. He doesn't know why he fell asleep in his car and when he woke up, the entire crepe paper flower and chocolates he had made were destroyed. He doesn't know how his car's tires got flat when he just asked his mechanic to fix it. He's clueless. Totally clueless. All he has in mind now is to be able to do the surprise he had worked hard for, make Baekhyun happier, and share the joy together.

 

Before, he was halfway there. But the sabotage was too perfect, and apparently planned wisely that it ruined everything so flawlessly.

 

"Chanyeol!" Kyungsoo and Jongin came rushing to him, along with Namseo plodding closer, with screwed up emotions on their faces. "Where have you been? Why are you late? Baekhyun... we can't see him!" Kyungsoo added.

"Huh? Why? Where would he go?" Chanyeol took a peek at the girl behind them. However, the other won't look at him directly, raising the suspicion in him.

"We don't know either. When I came back in our seat with Jongin, he was nowhere to be found—"

"Namseo." Chanyeol uttered as he stomped amidst Kyungsoo and Jongin that the couple turned their heads around. "Where have. You brought. My spouse?"

"I-I don't know. I'm actually helping to find him." Namseo plastered a smile.

"Stop lying! Seriously. I know you're the only one who'll do such a thing." He hollered, with gnashed teeth that Namseo was scared inside.

"H-he... he went out! He told me that he's going to find you..." Namseo quite falsely uttered and without a second of thinking, he rushed outside. Everyone looked at the mess happening but all the four of them care about is how to end the trouble occurring.

"Baek! Baek where are you?!" Chanyeol called loudly while he ran through the darkness carrying the only decent piece of crepe paper flower and chocolate on his hand. He's not even sure where he should search Baekhyun. But he's sure, somewhere in his heart that he'll find him.

"Baek—" An unconscious, petite body lying on the ground caught his attention. He hasn't seen his face, but he oozes with Baekhyun's aura that he felt certain it was him.

"Baekhyun!" He hurried to where Baekhyun is and knelt in front of him, shaking his partner's body with force. "Baekhyun, wake up!"

 

Chanyeol waited for a response. But the other just won't even groan. He felt nervous, worried, and hysterical. He can't think of what he should do and was about to cry when all of a sudden, Baekhyun opened his eyes and yawned in front of him.

 

"What happened—"

"You fool!" Chanyeol wrapped Baekhyun tightly around his arms that Baekhyun, without an idea of what is happening, felt a bit suffocated. "You stupid fool!"

"What... is happening? Why are we here—"

"Why did you go out of the venue?! I thought you were hit by a car! And that the driver ran away!"

"Huh?" Baekhyun arched his brows. "The last thing I remember is... your cousin gave me some drinks and told me you're not going because you're on a date with someone–"

"No! You shouldn't have believed that flirt! She's desperate! She's not even my cousin!" Chanyeol thoughtlessly uttered as he wailed. Baekhyun was surprised and left stunned.

"She's not your cousin? You mean... the two of you pretended all this time?"

"We... we did. I'm sorry. I-I didn't want you to feel bothered. I'm very sorry." Chanyeol apologized, as sincere as possible, whole-heartedly. "Baekhyun I—"

"Chanyeol!" Someone called behind them that they both turned their heads around. It was Kyungsoo, along with Jongin and Namseo and as Baekhyun saw Namseo, he felt his heart bursting of anger. Too much that it could kill him.

"You fabricator!" Baekhyun harshly stood up that he unintentionally pushed Chanyeol down and almost attacked Namseo. Yet he stopped an inch away with the veins on his neck, almost exploding of madness.

"How dare you make me drink that horrible liquid that made my vision blurry and knocked me out?!"

"I..." Namseo looked down. "Sorry Chanyeol oppa."

"What? Why are you apologizing to him instead—"

"I'm so sorry. I ruined your plans. I mixed chloroform fumes with your car's air freshener. I was the one who destroyed all the things you made for you girl—"

"What are you–"

"And made your car's tires flat." Namseo interrupted Chanyeol. "Sorry. I just wanted you to think of Baekhyun oppa that's why I did that."

"What have you said? I was thinking of him every day! Stop turning the tables!" Chanyeol glared at her. Jongin carefully hit Kyungsoo with his elbows but he wished to stay quiet. Baekhyun on the other hand was almost detonating of fury and heavily sighed.

"Let me rest for a while." He marched away, with clumps too heavy that it could break the asphalt ground. Chanyeol blankly followed Baekhyun's silhouette and after he was back to his senses, he stepped off, yet Namseo hugged his back which disabled him from running.

 

"Oppa, sorry."

"Get off me you disgusting brat! Your apology can't take back everything you have destroyed. I hope you're happy now. Now, never show up and interfere with us again. Because you can't break true love."

 

Chanyeol struggled that Namseo was thrown away a bit and hastened towards Baekhyun who almost disappeared from his sight.

 

"Baek, Baekhyun listen to me." Chanyeol resounded as he grabbed his spouse' hand. "I'm sorry."

"Please let me breath for quite some time Chanyeol." Baekhyun replied, back turned away from the other.

"I love you." Chanyeol told Baekhyun. The first time in their lives. First time that he had said that word with all his heart. Baekhyun had his heart racing, but he did his best to ignore it and kept the rage in him until he felt Chanyeol slowly removing the ring on his finger.

"Baekhyun."Chanyeol knelt on the ground. "Will... will you marry me? Again?"

Baekhyun bit his lips. He can't stop his feelings anymore. He knows he can't endure Chanyeol He just loves him a lot. More than someone could ever imagine.

"Why are you even asking? You know I can't say no to you right?" He faced Chanyeol and sobbed. Chanyeol giggled and with the tears of joy on his eyes, he handed the piece of crepe paper flower and chocolate from his hands.

"Sorry if these look like a mess now."

"It's fine. As long as it came from you, it's priceless."

Chanyeol grinned and caressed Baekhyun's hand with his wam palm. "I love you so much. I hope I was able to say these words before. I didn't know it was this beautiful."

"You didn't have too for though I have wanted to hear that all this time. You were always the faultless definition of love for me.''

Chanyeol chuckled and stood up. And with a bulk of romance and pure love, he moved closer and stuck his lips onto Baekhyun's.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: HEY THERE~ THIS STORY'S UHMM ABOUT TO END. MAYBE I'LL BE RELEASING JUST VERY FEW CHAPTERS. AFTER THIS, I'LL BE MAKING A KAISOO ONESHOT FANFIC (GIVE A CHANCE TO KAISOO SHIPPERS KKK) WHICH IS ANGST (AGAIN YEP AND I DO THINK THAT IS MY FORTE) HOPE YOU'LL SUPPORT THIS STORY TILL THE VERY END. :)  I'M REALLY GLAD YOU LIKED THIS STORY. I ACTUALLY THINK IT'S NOT GOOD SO YEAH... I'M OVERWHELMED ^^