Playground

Wedding Chains [HIATUS]

The street is filled with vehicles and plants line up along the sidewalk. There were buildings of different sizes on each corner. Bountiful of decorations were displayed everywhere. On one side, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were fortunately able to escape (though Baekhyun shrieked tons of times).

Walking on the paved path, Baekhyun gaped a mouth stare as he gazed on each building they have passed by . He was awestruck. That was the very first time he saw such a fascinating, divergent world from his.

 

"Wow. I never thought the sight outside is this...amazing! Look! There are boxes-like things moving!" Baekhyun uttered as he pointed at a car which made Chanyeol laugh a little.

"Those are called cars. Don't you have those in your palace? Or...you're still using chariots?"

"Yeah..." Baekhyun paused. "But I think it's a great thing. Though I have to admit that those cars are much faster than horses." Baekhyun smiled.

"Your family's really weird. I don't even know that arranged marriage still exists." Chanyeol responded. "One more thing, when are you planning to let go of my arms?"

"Sorry!" Baekhyun plastered a giggle.

"Don't you ever get close to me. People are looking at us because of your outfit."

"Okay." Baekhyun pouted. They walked, and they're supposed to be ordering in the ramen house already.

 

However, the kaleidoscopic food stalls caught Baekhyun's attention. Eventually, he dragged Chanyeol on each stall—from desserts to street foods—that he saw and bought one, until there's no more space in the both of his hands.

 

The two then walked on the sidewalk: Baekhyun busily eating his food and Chanyeol walking in an amble, yet apaced way.

 

"Chanyeol, let's buy that." 'Baekhyun kind of drawled as he gulped and the ice cream on his right hand.

"What again?" Chanyeol heaved a sigh. "Because of you I can't buy Ramen. And didn't I tell you you shouldn't come near me? Do you know I'm really hungry right now? I might just eat you—but I would hate to do so."

"Oh, sorry." Baekhyun uttered as his tongue touched the ice cream.  He stretched his hand and offered what he's gulping down. "Here. Take a ."

"No ing way. I'd rather die than to have your saliva mix with mine. And I don't like sweets."

"But you said you're hungry—"

"I am. But an ice cream can't make me full even for a percent."

"But Jagiya—"

"I said I don't want to—" Chanyeol turned and regrettably, he hit Baekhyun's hand in which his shirt got a bit stained the ice cream was thrown on Baekhyn's face.

"A-ah..." Chanyeol stuttered. "Hey, that was unintentional! You were so insistent so—"

"Aren't you going to say sorry at least?!" Baekhyun leered at him as we wiped his face with his palm.

"I-Im." Chanyeol faltered. "I can't do it. It's not my style to say sorry."

"You're so egoistic!  You’re selfish!” He yelled in which it quite drained his breath and he panted. “And I hate it because I want to make you fall for me!”

“I already told you that you can’t make me fall for you—but uhm, just calm down. It wasn’t on purpose—“

“And now you have the guts to say that?!” Baekhyun shouted. “How heartless of you!”

“Hey, don’t shout here.” Chanyeol said in a low tone and then turned his head from left to right like an oscillating fan. He has thought of something. A place that Baekhyun might enjoy.

“Let’s go.” Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and tugged him along.

“Where are we going?” Baekhyun asked.

“Just go with me. You’ll like that place.” Chanyeol answered. Baekhyun did not respond and just let Chanyeol pull him along. They walked under the morning sky. Until they reached a place that Chanyeol once loved to visit when he had problems.

 

A playground.

 

“Where are we?” Baekhyun pulled his hand from Chanyeol’s grip and gradually stepped in. “What are these?”

“We’re in a playground.” Chanyeol walked towards a swing and held unto the chain. “Sit here.”

“B-but, won’t I fall from that?” Baekhyun questioned with fear.

“You won’t. Come here.”

 

In a snail’s pace, Baekhyun took little steps closer. He carefully took a seat on the swing and gripped on the chains with a trembling body.

 

“Hold on.” Chnayeol commanded and started pushing the swing. It swayed back and forth, higher as Chanyeol pushed consecutively in which Baekhyun slowly got engulfed in fear.

“H-hey! Are you trying to kill me?” He kind of struggled.

“Don’t move! I’m not trying to kill you. I’m trying to make you experience playing in the playground.”

“But I feel like I’ll be thrown away!”

“You won’t be. Just keep your grip on the chains.”

 

Becalmed, Baekhyun chose to be silent. He took a deep breath and gradually , he realized he was already enjoying it. And so they played more—on the slide, monkey bars, merry-go-around, and so much more—until they felt tired. At first Chanyeol didn’t really want to do it. But he thought because he has done something ridiculous, he has to endure it.

And he somehow had fun with it.

 

“So tired.” Baekhyun yawned. “But it was fun.”

Chanyeol smiled a bit and sighed in which Baekhyun heard him and grinned. “Thank you.”

“For what?” Chanyeol asked.

“For bringing me here. It was the first time I experienced playing like the normal kids outside my world. I never thought it was this fun. I have attended school but, that school is an exclusive school that’s also following the traditional Korean culture so, there’s nothing like these. There was a time I wished to be a commoner. But whatever. It was impossible. At least I experienced this. I’m glad you came to my life.”

“It was nothing for you to be happy with. I have done something wrong but can’t really say sorry. I’m not a humble guy.”

“I know. You’re full of ego. But still, there’s a part of you that is sweet and can do such things. I know.” He paused and turned his head to Chanyeol. “You’re a good person in disguise—“

“Let’s go home.” He interrupted Baekhyun and walked off. Baekhyun was left behind but he doesn’t mind it. He was filled with joy.

So then, he ran after Chanyeol carrying a vivacious beam on his lips.