Met

Wedding Chains [HIATUS]

"So..." Baekhyun cleared his throat as he placed his tea cup down. "Do you want to talk about something?"

"You're smart, hyung." Jongin's lips curved into a sly grin. "I just wanna ask something."

"Uhm..." Baekhyun faltered upon pausing. "About what?"

"You mentioned earlier, you're full name is Park Baekhyun. And Chanyeol hyung said you're his friend. So, it's just destiny?" Jongin asked with clenched fingers. Baekhyun on the other hand, was only able to bite his lower lip and blink, thinking of something valid to say. "Yeah! That's right!" He forced a grin. Jongin tilted his head, scrutinizing Baekhyun's expression and interpreting them to conclude what his inner thought might be.

"By chance huh. What a great bond you have." Jongin gave him a twisted smile. Baekhyun felt uneasy and abruptly gulped the last drop of tea on his cup. "So uh, is that the only thing you wanted to talk about?"

"Do you like Chanyeol hyung?" Jongin suddenly asked. Baekhyun took a deep breath and hesitantly nodded. "Well, ye-you...know, he's just my friend."

"Is that so?" Jongin nodded. "So probably, you already know about his first love?"

"First...love? But his parents said he hasn't fallen inlove yet. He didn't mention anything about it too."

"Really? That's a pity huh. But, actually, he already had his first love. It's Do Kyung Soo. He's studying here, in the department of arts and letters and, he's my future spouse. Just so you know." Jongin smirked. Baekhyun was left kinda perplexed and gradually opened his mouth to speak.

"Huh? You stole his...first love?"

"Not that I stole him. But maybe that's how it is? It can't be helped. I like him and his parents like me."

"But, he doesn't like...you?"

"I believe he does." Jongin sighed. "This is just a friendly reminder, hyung. Chanyeol hyung is a playboy. He made looots of girls cry. He's the top heartbreaker. I was once like him but, I stopped doing that when I met Kyungsoo." He added.

"W-why are you telling me all these?" Baekhyun stuttered.

"So... you could warn his future girlfriends? I must say." Jongin grinned in an obviously subtle way. Baekhyun was stunned and doesn't know what to say to him anymore. "Well, just in case he gets a girl, tell her that she could ask help from me once Chanyeol plays with her heart. Okay?" Jongin said in which Baekhyun just gulped and arched his brows. Jongin looked at his watch and stood up. "The class is about to start. Let's go?"

 

"Y-yeah. Bye."

"Don't worry, I'm in the same room as yours. I'm also taking up..."

"How did you know... we're in the same course and room?"

"I was once Chanyeol hyung's bestfriend." Jongin beamed and walked off. "Let's go, hyung."

 

Slowly, Baekhyun stood up from.his chair and took little steps to their classroom. As they entered, everyone's already there, except the professor. Baekhyun tiptoed and looked for Chanyeol's seat, in which their eyes met. He was about to go to the seat beside him, but Jongin dragged him out of the blue and pushed him in a seat beside him instead.

 

"H-hey!"

"It wouldn't be fun if you're just going to talk with someone who's already your friend." Jongin rested his chin on his palm and turned his head to Baekhyun. "Let's start getting closer from now on."

"This isn't right. Kyungsoo might... know this! He'll be angry—"

"He won't." Jongin snapped. "He's an understanding guy and he's used to my flashy personality."

"Seriously..." Baekhyun uttered. He whirled his head to where Chanyeol is sitting. But he doesn't seem to care about Baekhyun, for he's just looking outside, through the window panes. Baekhyun sighed in disappointment and not so later, the professor finally came. The discussion lasted for about two hours. And after that, they we're dismissed.

"Goodness. I never thought it was this hard in these kinds of schools." Baekhyun picked his things up and quickly approached Chanyeol. But just as he was about to open his mouth, Jongin came and ruffled his hair. "Yo, hyung!"

"You two seem to be in good terms. That's great." He uttered with emphasis and nonchalantly ambled away which surprised Baekhyun.

"Awww." Jongin cooed. "Hyung left."

"It's your fault for being so clingy!" Baekhyun shrilled. Jongin was shocked and supressed laughing. "Why?"

"Ugh!" Baekhyun rolled his eyes heavenwards. Jongin giggled and shook his head. "Come, eat with us."

"With 'us'? Who's the other one?" Baekhyun asked.

"My babe. Who could it be?" Jongin took a glance on his phone. "He's already at the cafeteria. It's alright with you, isn't it?"

"But Chanyeol..." Baekhyu mumbled. He suddenly remembered about his phone and immediately picked it out of his pocket and texted Chanyeol using his index finger and finished after a minute.

 

I'll be eating at the cafeteria. I'll wait you there.

 

"You texted him?" Jongin questioned.

"Yeah..."

"Heh. It takes years for you to type a text huh." Jongin tittered.

"So what?" Baekhyun clicked his tongue and tampered away. "Where's that cafeteria anyway?"

"Follow me." Jongin sauntered, hands dipped in his pocket and shoulders hunched a bit.