A good thing out of trouble

Wedding Chains [HIATUS]

Noise, lines, people silently eating, the irking sound of utensils scrathing against one another . It was a common scenario at a cafeteria Baekhyun was never used to. He took little steps towards the table and carefully sat down. "Woah... this school is really...very contemporary." Baekhyun muttered. "Where's Kyungsoo, anyway?"

 

"He's coming—oh he's there!"  Jongin pointed to someone who has a short stature, narrow shoulders and other feminine characteristics someone could think of.

"Hello, babe." Jongin winked. Kyungsoo smiled and took a seat beside Jongin.

"A friend?" Kyungsoo asked with a smile.

"Yeah. A friend. A classmate. He's also a friend of Chanyeol hyung."

"Really?" Kyungsoo giggled. "Hello, I'm Do Kyung Soo from the college of arts and letters. Nice to meet you."

"H-hello... I'm Byu-P-Park Baekhyun." Baekhyun plastered a beam.

"Oh, you have the same surname as Chanyeol? That's...awesome." Kyungsoo's lips gradually molded into a curve.  "Are the the two of you related in any way?"

"Uh...no. We're just...friends..."

"Ah, I see. That's peculiar then." Kyungsoo slightly jounced his head. "How long have you been friends—"

"Kyungsoo." Jongin interrupted. "Eat your food first."

"Sorry."  Kyungsoo apologized. Baekhyun kind of felt uneasy with the quite tense atmosphere around him. He impatiently peeked at his phone from his pocket and antsy about Chanyeol.

"Why are you still not eating, Baek?" Jongin asked, a bit drawling.

"N-nothing...don't mind me!"

"You're waiting for Chanyeol? hyung" Jongin smirked. "That guy won't come. Once he gets jealous, he'll leave you in the air."

"Why would he get jealous?" Baekhyun pursed his lips. "He just don't care about me."

"Hmmm." Jongin shrugged his shoulders and continued eating. Baekhyun gazed at his plate and held the spoon and fork with trembling hand. Trying his best to slice the food served.

 

"You don't know how to use spoon and fork?"Kyungsoo questioned.

"I...have always used chopsticks. But I'm trying my best to learn how to use these!" Baekhyun uttered, faintly beaming on them. Somehow, he feels bad that Chanyeol wasn't there to help him.

Chanyeol sluggishly placed his food on the table as he took a seat on the chair. Without words, he lethargically picked the utensils up and started munching every piece.

 

"You don't look so well, bro."  Sehun said. "Problem?"

"None. I just feel stressed." Chanyeol sighed. "Let's go the club later?"

"Sure thing." Sehun replied as he pointed on Tao who's beside him. "This guy wants to see some cute girls."

"Well, yeah." Tao uttered as he chewed the food on his mouth. "It's been awhile since we've last met, right?"

"When are you guys planning to get some girls, anyway? We haven't experienceld being serious in relationships. Aren't you curios about... how it feels?" Chanyeol mentioned out of the blue that Sehun and Tao were shocked, and their eyes eventually widened as they raised their heads up.

"Bro... we have lots of girls to play with...we always had fun with that...then you want to stick to one? You want to be bored forever?!" Sehun exclaimed. "You're not Chanyeol! Or... did you get influenced by that fetus who left us in the air just because of that Do Kyung Soo?"

"Ah... speaking of which. Didn't he steal that guy from you?" Tao snapped.

"Let's not talk about that. Forget what I have just said." Chanyeol bossed then kept his mouth shut. Sehun and Tao shifted their sight to one another and shook their head as they continued eating.

The bass speakers let out loud sounds which echoes on the club along with multi-colored lights hitting the dance floor. Chanyeol took a gulp from his wine glass as he watched the girls dancing on the stage. 11'o-clock PM, his clock ticks.

 

"Choose your pet." Sehun whispered to Chanyeol as he chuckled.

"Bro, you know I don't like those kinds of girls. I like those who you can fool."

"Oh well. You're a heartbreaker, anyway. You're finally back to the old you." Sehun stood up, pointing his lips to an apparently ulzzang babe. "I'm gonna approach and bring that girl to you.

"Yeah." Chanyeol dully smiled, feeling wasted. Sehun walked forward and negotiated with the girl whom he was referring to. Not so later, Sehun walked back with her.

"Hi!" The girl waved. "You're calling for me?"

"Uh...oh yeah." Chanyeol faltered which Sehun noticed. He hastily pushed the girl beside Chanyeol and cleared his throat.

"Uhm...so..." Sehun dragged Tao. "We'll be hanging out with some girls there. Enjoy your time together!"

"H-hey!" Chanyeol jerked. "Those brats..."

"Uhhh... so, what do you need from me?"

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol uttered. "I was just... kind off pushed here."

"It's fine. Take a seat and...have a drink. The girl poured a drink on a cup and offered it to Chanyeol, which he grabbed from her hand.

"Thanks. I'm really irked right now. What's your name?"

"Jung Nam Seo. Nice meeting you. Why are you irked by the way?"

"You know that feeling that... someone's stealing everything from you?" He yawned.

"Well not really. But I think it hurts."

"It really does. It's annoying. They're thieves." Chanyeol slammed his hand on the table which surprised Namseo a bit.

"H-hey...how many glasses have you drunk?" Namseo anxiously asked.

"Two bottles? I dunno." Chanyeol kind of drawled. "I'm actually feeling dizzy now... can I leave?

"Sure thing!" She exclaimed. "Do you want me to accompany you?”

“No…I can still walk. Thanks.” Chanyeol placed the wine cup down and nonchalantly walked off.

“A-ah!” Namseo stood up in an abrupt halt, wanting to ask Chanyeol’s name but he walked kind off too fast that she wasn’t able to ask what she wanted to ask.

 

Baekhyun leaned on the firebrick walls. He breathed along with the earsplitting sound of rain hitting the roof, patiently waiting for him.



“Was he always here?” Baekhyun questioned Jongin, puffing his cheeks.

“I don’t know. I’m not a spy.” Jongin laughed quietly.

“Oh, he’s there.” Kyungsoo spontaneously said which made Baekhyun immediately whirl his head to the left and saw his spouse staggering unsteadily and almost keeled over that Baekhyun hastened to him.

“Gosh… what happened to you? Let’s go home. Okay? Let’s go home.”

"Why are those people with you...?" Chanyeol drawled that Baekhyun could almost hardly understand. "They accompanied me here."

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes towards Jongin, gave him a glare then walked away, ignoring the drops of rain hitting his skin.' "Let's go home."

 

"Hey Chanyeol! It's raining!" Baekhyun ran after. "Ah! Now we're both wet!"

"Want us to take you guys home? I'll call our driver."

"Please do—"

"No." Chanyeol tugged Baekhyun closer to him. "We can go home alone."

"But Chanyeol—"

"Let's go, Jagiya." Chanyeol muttered and grabbed Baekhyun's hand, pulling him along as they went against the rain. On the other side, Kyungsoo and Jongin just watched the two of them leave.

"Are they...really just friends?" Kyungsoo heaved a sigh and looked on the ground. "They seem to be more than that."

"Are you jealous?" Jongin raised his brows.

"No. Why...would I be?" Kyungsoo pulled his umbrella out of his bag.

"I'll just call our driver." Jongin held Kyungsoo's hand, supressing him from lifting his umbrella. "I don't want you to get tired."

 

Kyungsoo slowly placed his hand down with a genuine smile on his lips and rested his head on Jongin's shoulders.

"Ah seriously!" Baekhyun grunted as he took a seat on the edge of their bed. "Aside from the fact that you reek of alcohol, you're heavy! Wish our soldiers would learn how to use cellphones too! You should've agreed to Jongin's offer—"

"No..." Chanyeol said upon opening his eyes. He shifted his sight on Baekhyun and looked at him with a bit quivering pupils. "He's a thief."

"Chanyeol, get over the past."

"It isn't that easy." Chanyeol slammed his eyes shut. "Kyungsoo and I have been friends for so long, before Jongin became my former bestfriend. But just as I gained courage and was about to confess, Kyungsoo told me that he'll be married to Jongin after six years ... he made a move...without my know...ledge" Chanyeol whispered that he could barely be heard and the last words came out opaque and blurry. "And he left me..."

"Chanyeol—"

"So..." Chanyeol interrupted and yanked Baekhyun towards him, that Baekhyun fell on his chest. He placed his hands over Baekhyun's back and fastened him tightly which made escape impossible. "Never leave me...don't allow yourself to be...brain...washed." Chanyeol mumbled and finally slept.

"H-hey...your hand..." Baekhyun tried lifting himself up, but Chanyeol's grip was too tight that he could hardly flee.

In the first place, he doesn't want to flee.

"H-hey...let me go~” He uttered in a cute tone “Okay...if you really want to do that...it's fine." Baekhyun giddily grinned having bright smile for the entire night as he slumbered.