Kidnapped

Wedding Chains [HIATUS]

For the first time in forever, Byun Baekhyun—the only son and heir of the Byun family—could finally see the world outside their palace.

He just reached the age of 18 and as written in their family code, he's going to marry an anonymous guy—well not really for he already knows quite a lot about him—with the same age, birthmonth and status of life as him.

 

Baekhyun stepped in front of the mirror, brushing his hair with his fingers turning from side to side while inspecting the hanbok he's wearing.

 

"Do I look good?" He asked to one of his servants.

"Definitely good, young master. I'm sure your fiancé would fall for you at first sight." The servant responded with respect.

"Really?" Baekhyun giggled.

 

"Young master!" Soldiers wearing traditional korean clothing and carrying swords, bows and arrows bursted in mechanically and formally bowed. "Your fiancé is now ready to meet you up!"

"Okay~" Baekhyun hummed. He stepped out of his room together with the soldiers who actually serves as his body guard. He feels overwhelmed seeing the sun and azure clouds so clearly. He feels so pleased to walk on the soil-covered path he had never walked on before.

"The world's so pretty." He muttered, gazing at the leaves of the trees swaying back and forth and falling like feathers.

 

In their family, the heir can never step out of the palace until he or she reaches 18. It was forbidden. And who ever breaks the law will be jinxed.

 

"Indeed, young master."  One of his guards answered.

 

With an eager smile on his lips, Baekhyun gradually slid the door open. His eyes slowly caught the silhouette of his fiancé and he felt excited as he was being revealed by the light. And after Baekhyun had completely opened the door, he finally saw his destined one, chained and blindfolded.

 

"You can approach him, young master."

 

Baekhyun gulped as he crept nearer. He was amazed. His fiancé is a tall, handsome guy. He has a well-built body.

Apparently, he's a total husband material.

 

"Oh my God!" Baekhyun exclaimed as the joyous glow on his face lit the vicinity.

"Who's there?!" Chanyeol asked with fear.

"Park Chanyeol, it's me." Baekhyun uttered as he untied the blindfold on his eyes. "Your soon-to-be wife."

 

Baekhyun gazed on his eyes. His lips look so soft and kissable. He have long eyelashes. His face says perfection.

He looks like an angel.

 

"Who..." Fire started fuming in his eyes and he glared at Baekhyun which made him flinch. He suddenly became blue of anger. "Who the hell is my soon-to-be wife?!"

"M-me." Baekhyun stuttered out of fear.

"You?! No wait. What is this ? What are you talking about?! Do you need money? I'll give you as much as you want! Just release me!" Chanyeol begged. Baekhyun was stunned and for a second, he just blinked until he came back to his senses.

"Money? But we have lots of that..."

"Then why did you kidnap me?!" He desperately asked. Baekhyun took out a long scroll, and read between the lines.

"In accordance to our family code since it's my 18th birthday today, and since you were the chosen one, you were brought here to be introduced to me. And now, we're officially engaged!"

"Wait." Chanyeol became cow-eyed, seemingly shocked. "This is insane. You kidnapped me, and now we're officially engaged? You must be crazy! I don't even know you! Neither my parents do!"

"Ah. About your parents... the palace soldiers will now pick them up for a talk with my parents." Baekhyun forced a grin.

"Soldiers? Those weird, old-fashioned, idiots who tied me up? Wow. This is really absurd! Don't tell me they'll also tie my parents up—"

"We got them now!" Two guys came out of nowhere carrying two people—that are apparently in their 40's—tied together with a rope. Chanyeol was left speechless. He doesn't know what to say or to do. Everything seems so surreal.

"Let's go." Baekhyun commanded. So then, they followed and dragged the three along. Thunderstruck, a great desire in Chanyeol's heart for that moment to be just a nightmare have sprouted.