Shopping

Wedding Chains [HIATUS]

Day two of the troublesome honeymoon of the Park couple.

 

Chanyeol got up from the bed with closed eyes. He consecutively closed and opened the lids of his eyes and stopped when his mind flicked to reality. Looking around, he saw Baekhyun on the floor. Well, he wasn't a bad guy yesterday. In fact he let Baekhyun sleep beside him because he was so persistent and Chanyeol was too tired to mock him. Why he was there on the floor isn't really a mystery.

 

"Byun Freak." Chanyeol called as he slightly stomped and shook Baekhyun's tummy. "Get up."

 

He waited for Baekhyun to respond to him. Or atleast complain like he's supposed to be. But he kept sleeping, arms wide, looking like a wild snorlax* blocking the way.

 

"Byun freak wake up!" Chanyeol irritatedly kicked Baekhyun's tummy once more. This time, in a much more stronger way. "Get up there or I'll leave you here!!

"Mnnn." Baekhyun mumbled, brows furrowed as he tried his best to get his mind out of dreamland. "What..." He drawled.

"I'm going out and shop for some shirts." Chanyeol said.

"Uhhh really? You'll take me with you?" Baekhyun energetically upraised.

"Of course. No one would carry my luggage." Chanyeol searched for his slippers and went out of the bed, proceeding to the closet.

"What? I won't go then." Baekhyun slumped back on the floor and crinkled his nose a bit because of the pain he felt. "I don't deserve to be a nanny."

"Oh well. If that's what you want. Don't be mad if I'll bring some chick here huh." Chanyeol teased as he hung his towel and clothes on his arm.

"Chick? You mean a baby chicken?"

"Wait." Chanyeol snapped. "I don't know if you're just pretending not to know but—." He scratched his head out of frustration and snorted. "I meant, a mistress."

"Ah, I see—huh? a mistress?!" He suddenly ascended his fallen body from the ground. "Why?!"

"Because, nobody's with me." Chanyeol cooed then giggled as he walked to the bathroom. "But if you're there, I'm kind enough to respect our marriage in front of you, ya' know."

"I'll go!" Baekhyun jerked up, hurriedly picked his towel and hanbok out of the closet and proceeded to the bathroom in which Chanyeol was left perplexed on why is Baekhyun there.

"You're going to shower with me? You want to play with bubbles?" He nonchalantly asked.

"O-of course...of course no for today!" Baekhyun immediately ran out and slammed the door close.

"One more thing." Chanyeol uttered then opened the door a bit. "Don't wear that. I don't want them to think I'm with a weirdo. Wear my clothes."

"W-won't I look like a hanger in that? Your body's huge—"

"I don't care." Chanyeol interrupted as he shut the door. "Do what I'm saying or be left."

"Like I have a choice!" Baekhyun hollered then dug for some good clothes to wear from Chanyeol's and was able to seek joy with a shirt that's at least above his knee and denim pants that needs to be folded triple times before it fits on him. "I'll get this one!"

"Get what you want." Chanyeol said back. Baekhyun made faces and stood behind the bathroom door, waiting for Chanyeol to be finished. His wait took at least fifteen minutes long. But the total time it took him to finish taking a bath just consumed five minutes.

"Done!" Baekhyun shrieked as he stepped out which caught the attention on Chanyeol, who's brushing his hair that time and made him turn his head on Baekhyun.

"Looks fine. You look like a swagger. And you're really fast huh. Did you even scrub your body? Or you just showered your hair?"

"That's how I was trained." Baekhyun picked his comb up and fixed his hair into a mushroom hairstyle. "Shall we go?"

"We better do so." Chanyeol lethargically walked off and Baekhyun went after him, as he was done locking the door.

 

Contemporary. That’s how the place where Baekhyun and Chanyeol is walking at should be described. Everything’s new for Baekhyun’s eyes. Even those glasses used for display counters were something Baekhyun had never encountered before.


“Wow, so this is how a mall looks like!” Baekhyun exclaimed as he looked through the glass walls of a clothing store, leaning his face on it.

 

 

“Stop wandering around and stay by my side!” Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s arms as he tramped away.

“Eh…you’re so strange. Weren’t you always leaving me?” Baekhyun asked in a soft tone.

“Not today. I’d hate to be troubled just because you’re lost.”

“Alright! I won’t stay away from you! Let me go now, it hurts!” Baekhyun plucked his arms out of Chanyeol’s tight grip. “I won’t stroll around.”

“Good.” Chanyeol walked off his way to a particular store he was always visiting in the past. But just as he was about to step in, he felt no presence of the annoying Baekhyun around him. He whirled around, and he was right.


He wasn’t really there.

 

“Byun freak?” Chanyeol called as he dashed In search of his lost partner. “Hey Byun Baekhyun!”


He prowled the halls, every corner of the mall as he turned from left to right successively. He even picked his phone out of his pocket but clicked his tongue as he remembered Baekhyun doesn’t have one. He barged ahead, continuing his operation once again. Yet he failed to find a tint or a clue of Baekhyun’s occurrence.

Apparently, he was far away.

Walking back to the store he last stepped on, he sagged against the wall and hauled deep breaths. He doesn’t know where to go. He has no idea where that guy went, until he caught a glimpse of Baekhyun, seemingly searching for him with two cones of ice cream on his hand.

 

“Byun Baekhyun!” He yelled as he lumbered across to him. “Where have you gone?!”  Chanyeol panted.

“I-I just bought an ice cream…” His mouth quivered as he offered the ice cream on his right hand, quickly melting with drops of tears falling from his eyelids. “B-but you walked so fast… so I wasn’t able to catch up.”

“Stupid!” He locked Baekhyun’s head on his arms and laid it on his chest in which the ice cream stuck on his shirt and aptly stained a part. “You’re so stupid! Are you a kid?!”

“I-I’m really sorry….I really liked this so….I thought I should buy two so I could share it with you. But when I peeked on that store where I last saw you, you’re... gone.”

“We just walked few meters, then in a blink of an eye, you were lost?! You’re stupid!” Chanyeol released and glared at him with arched brows. “Byun Baekhyun’s a dumb freak.”

“Why are you so cruel?” He puckered his lips and formed an arch from edge to edge of his mouth, then wiped those little droplets of fear that have fallen from his eyes. “And why do you still call me Byun Baekhyun? I’m Park Baekhyun now.”

“Throw that Ice cream and come with me.” Chanyeol snapped. Baekhyun tilted his head and is presumably hesitating that Chanyeol did what he said, as he pulled the melted ice cream from Baekhyun’s hand and tossed them in a trash bin nearby.

“Wa—“

“Let’s go.” Chanyel clutched Baekhyun’s wrist and tugged him. “I’m going to buy you a cell phone.”

“What? What’s that?” Baekhyun questioned, yet he didn’t get an answer. He was dragged, until they reached a store, properly selling gadgets. Chanyeol stood on the counter, still holding Baekhyun’s wrist. “What’s the latest mobile release here?”

“This one sir.” The saleslady pinpointed on an android phone with a, most probably, 1080 x 1920 screen.

“I’ll buy that.” Chanyeol took his credit card out and handed it over. “Please don’t wrap it.”

“Okay sir, thank you for buying!” The saleslady beamed as she gave the phone to Chanyeol, which he passed on Baekhyun. “Use that.”

“H-how?” Baekhyun held the phone box with the both of his hands and gazed at the small writings scribed on the box.

“First off, take that out of the box.” Chanyeol bossed as he pulled the phone out. “Click this, and this, then this. And then type something if you’re going to text me. On the other hand, click this one if you want to call me.” He demonstrated. His phone then rang. “Place this beside your ear.”

Baekhyun did as he was told. And as Chanyeol uttered a “Hello” with his kind of, hoarse voice, Baekhyun’s mouth molded into an O. “How did your voice get in here?!”

“I don’t know how to explain that but that’s how it works.” Chanyeol sauntered off but before he could even step more than inches, his phone rang out of the blue. And when he took a peek on the screen, he was irked that it was jus Baekhyun, calling.

“What?! Why are you calling?” He shouted. Baekhyun just grinned. And when he tried to walk farther again, Baekhyun dialed his number again.

 

And that day ended with Chanyeol shopping, and Baekhyun calling, one after the other with an idiotic grin on his lips.