What Makes Him Happy

Wedding Chains [HIATUS]

And after the almost tragic day had passed, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are starting out again as a legitimate couple, bounded by true love and a bit of those, hanky-panky. Maybe.

 

"Hey Chanyeol. You've been quiet since yesterday. What did Jongin tell you?" Baekhyun asked as they walked through the University oval.

"It's...just..." Chanyeol faltered. "What makes you happy?"

"Eh? Me?" Baekhyun said as he looked around. "Uhmmm... food, funny people, funny scenes, funny things. And oh amazing things as well! Just like when I first saw a handphone and an elevator and an escslator and many more modern things! Why are you asking?"

"Are you sure that's all? You mean... you're not happy when...when..." Chanyeol paused and felt his tongue tripping over his teeth.

"What?"

"When...you're ...with me? I mean... how do I say this."

"I'm really happy!" Baekhyun joyously uttered. Chanyeol looked up and stared at the dim yet bright light glowing on Baek's face.

"You were envious... weren't you?"

"Of course not!" Baekhyun denied.

"It was obvious! Stop denying. I witnessed, with my own two eyes how your eyes scowled at those two when... they became lovey-dovey...."

"Fine whatever!" He sighed. "Okay... I'll be honest. I was really kind of envious that time. But that doesn't matter anymore to me. I know my husband isn't that showy, right? Atleast I know he loves me." Baekhyun flashed his teeth.

"Are you sure? It's really alright if... I won't do this... and that?"

"Well... yeah! I don't mind—"

"Chanyeol oppa!?" A girl called, making Chanyeol's heart palpitate out of nervousness. For by tone, accent and pitch he knew who it was.

"Chanyeol oppa!" The girl shouted once again. Chanyeol panicked and held Baekhyun's hand tightly.

"Let's go."

"But that girl's calling you!" Baekhyun stopped himself.

"That-that girl is a psycho." Chanyeol reasoned out.

"And how did you know that—"

"Boo!" The girl sprouted in front of them from nowhere that the husband and wife almost had their heart attacks. "Woah, did I surprise you guys?"

"Hey Namseo. Why are you here?" Chanyeol asked.

"You don't know? I'm studying here!"

"But I thought you were studying at—"

"Hi there freak! I'm Chanyeol oppa's fiance~ nice to meet you! And can you please stay away from him?" Namseo faked a smile as she offered her hand for a handshake. Baekhyun turned his head to Chanyeol who was staring blankly at him that time, with brows knitted in a scowl like he's saying "Explain this to me!"

"Uhmm." Chanyeol faced Namseo

back. "Hey Namseo! Stop joking, will you? Baek uhm..."Chanyeol blinked. "I'm so sorry. Namseo is my cousin. She's just like that."

"Ohhh. Lia—"

"We should be going! Hey Namseo go away or I'll tell your mom that you're being silly again!" Chanyeol uttered then pulled Baekhyun as he ran. Namseo was left behind once more, but that frown on her face says she won't let things go so easily.

 

"Who. Is. That. Girl?" Baekhyun vexingly placed the glass of water he was drinking against the transparent table.

"Like I said, she's just a cousin of mine!"

"But why did you seem like you were avoiding something to be talked about?!" Baekhyun hollered that made Chanyeol panic because everyone started looking at them since they're in the cafeteria and unknowingly, because he lost his mind, he pinched Baekhyun's cheek which fortunately stopped him from talking but eventually made him realize the awkward banner flying between them.

"What....are you doing?" Baekhyun spiritlessly questioned. Chanyeol was embarassed and continued pinching his partner's cheek, back and forth, as he madly smiled.

"I saw Jongin doing this when Kyungsoo became quite annoyed at him! I didn't know it was this fun! Hahaha!"

"Stop." Baekhyun tossed Chanyeol's hand away. "I believe you now. Just go back to the normal you. It's so awkward and besides... that makes me happy the most."

Chanyeol idiotically grinned as he took away his hand. "Sorry if my cousin caused you trouble."

"It's okay now. Just tell her to stop being so childish next time! Okay?" Baekhyun smiled. Chanyeol looked at his spouse' eyes and softly giggled as he realized what had just happened.