Agreement

Wedding Chains [HIATUS]

Baekhyun and their family's soldiers carried the three—who got a plaster on their mouth because of too much complaining and struggling—inside the palace. The door was opened and approximately 20 servants wearing ... were lined up ten on each side, head bowed with dignity as Baekhyun and the others walked in. Their estate is very traditionally inspired. The wood used, furniture, decorations, and so much more, were all archaic.

 

It's like a spot in this modern world that was left in time. It's a living Joseon dynasty in the new era.

 

"Your majesty, we have brought them now to you." The soldiers along with Baekhyun, bowed as they presented Chanyeol and his parents to the King and Queen.

"Untie them now." The king commanded in a deep voice. Quickly, they did as what they were told and upon untying them, they started creating an unexpected fuss.

"Just what is this?!" Chanyeol stood up in a hostile way, yet he was dragged down by the servants and eventually slumped on the wooden floor. "This is so extreme! Is this a drama or whatsoever?!"

"Please let us go. We will give you anything you want so please let us go safely!" Mrs. Park beseeched. She started weeping and eventually hugged her husband.

"Set a deal with us and leave us peacefully!" Chanyeol's dad emphasized. The king was confused. He cleared his throat and slammed his hand on his table which silenced everyone.

"First of all, I don't know what a drama is, about. Second, if you're really willing to give everything, at least remain quiet. Lastly, we're not going to do anything ridiculous to the three of you. You were brought here because we wanted to inform you that your son, and ours will be engaged starting today. And also to settle things out."

"What?!" The park husband and wife exclaimed of the sudden revelation which made them perplexed. "What the hell is going on?" His dad added.

"Your son was chosen since he's the only one who matched in terms of having the same age, birthmonth and status of life as our son. And also according to Baekhyun's preference, I think." The queen clarified.

"But why? Why must it happen that way? We don't even know your son—"

"I'm here." Baekhyun interrupted Chanyeol's mom which made the three of them turn their heads. He beautified his eyes by blinking and flashing his porcelain tooth on them.

"Still." Mrs. Park faced the king and queen back. "He is a stranger! It's so unreasonable. You should have at least introduced him to us earlier!"

"Sorry." The king uttered. "We can't break the family traditions."

"And what's with your mansion? And everything in here?! So old-fashioned! Can't you move on from the Joseon dynasty? Is your family a fan of antiquites?"

 

The king felt insulted. He gritted his teeth. But still, he tried to calm himself down. "We chose to preserve everything from the old times. But I assure you. Our family's the richest here in Korea. We have been dominating the business industry of porcelain products for more than a century. You can't and shouldn't mock us."

"But we don't want to seize Chanyeol's happiness! We want him to be the one to choose the right person for him! I'm sorry. But we're rejecting this arrangement." Chanyeol's father sincerely apologized and bowed on the floor. Even his mom followed. And for the sake of his life, Chanyeol swallowed his pride and did the same as his parents. The royalties started discussing to themselves and were seemingly convinced. In which Baekhyun grew scared yet he could only bite his lips.

"Okay." The king declared and paused. "We'll set the three of you—"

"No!" Baekhyun stood up, high and mighty which made the three lift their head up. "Chanyeol will stay here. This will serve as his rehabilitation."

"Rehabilitation?!" Chanyeol's mom shrieked. "Are you using drugs, my dear?!!"

"Of course not—"

"He doesn't. But he's a philipander. He loves playing with the girl's heart and—"

"So what?!" Chanyeol's brow arched.

Baekhyun was shocked inside. He was just joking but he didn't expect it to be real and that Chanyeol would confirm it through his mouth. "S-See? It came from his mouth. He admitted it! I don't have anything to prove anymore."

"We know that already. Girls came crying to us everyday, telling us that they were played. In fact, he has never fallen in love for real." His mom sighed. "But still our decision will remain firm—"

"No, please!" Baekhyun bowed as he pleaded. "Let him be my husband. I promise that I could make him fall for me! I'll be a good spouse. Please don't take him away. This is my most awaited day. Just give me enough time. If Chanyeol still wants to stay away from me after the time comes, then I will set him free. It isn't that much, is it?"

"It isn't that much?! You really doesn't have a sound mind—"

"Chanyeol." Chanyeol's dad held Chanyeol's shoulder. "Why don't you give him a chance?"

"What?! No way!"

"It won't be that long. We'll tske you away after five months. We promise." He whispered. "He could still go out, right?"

"Yes, of course." The queen responded.

"O my goodness. You're have agreed for real?–"

"Wait dad, what's with you all of a sudden?!" Chanyeol complained.

"We have thought that it might be good for you. Who knows, you'll finally learn how to be a good boy." Chanyeol's parents stood up and walked off.

"Dad no!" He tried chasing them, but he was stopped by the soldiers. "Dad stop joking around!"

"Dear, we love you. Be good to him alright? We'll pick you up after five months! Send us a text or call us every day!"

"No!!!!" Chanyeol cried out with his deep, husky voice and fell on his knees. He watched, as his parents vanished from his sight. "What the hell..."

"Young masters, we'll bring the two of you now to your room."

"Please do so~!" Baekhyun uttered in a girly, high-pitched sound. Seemingly filled with ultimate excitement. And so they took their path to where their room-to-be is: Baekhyun leaping and Chanyeol who was drooped and spiritless as he was being dragged along.