A pinch of happiness

Wedding Chains [HIATUS]

The morning light passes through the window panes and drifts on Chanyeol's face.  At a snail's pace, he opened his eyes. He saw the gleam of bright light refracting on the wooden wood and felt the morning breeze kissing cheeks.

He yawned with a tint of smile on his lips as he got up from the bed. Somehow he feels better though their fast-approaching marriage wasn’t really a dream.

On the floor is an empty sight. Baekhyun wasn't there. He crept out of the room and smelled an aroma of something that's apparently burning. He walked a farther distance and there in a room are grayish smoke oozing from the door. He slid the door open and there he saw Baekhyun cooking in a traditional cooking pot.

 

“Hey! What’s the fuss?” Chanyeol yelled as he stepped in. Baekhyun whirled and beamed on Chanyeol. He has dark circles under his eyes and obviously, he hadn’t sleep very well.

“Good morning Jagiya~! Did you sleep well~?”

“Since when have you decided to call me that? And yeah, I have slept very well.”  Chanyeol hovered nearer. “Are you cooking?”

“Yeah!” Baekhyun answered in a second and panicked as he prepared the eating utensils.

“I thought this room is on fire. Anyway, to whom is that for?” Chanyeol picked a plate up and inspected every single detail of it. He turned it from front to back and puckered his lips.

“T-this is for us… for breakfast…” Baekhyun responded as he placed the utensils and hot pot on the wooden table. “It got a little overcooked but, I assure you it tastes good!” He forced a smile.

“Got a little overcooked?” Chanyeol took a look on the hot stew inside. His nose wrinkled with a gimlet eye. “This is more than overcooked. I won’t eat that.”

“But I have prepared this very well! I gave my all for this… just have a taste at least!” Baekhyun pouted as he filled the spoon with the soup broth.

“No. I may get sick because of that. I’ll just go out and buy food.” Chanyeol dipped his hand on his pocket and was about to walk off. However, he felt nothing but naps and thread. “ Sherlock. I forgot to ask money from my parents.”
“Just eat this— “
“How many times do I have to say no before you could understand? I’d rather eat my d*ck than eat that thing.”

“But, how are you gonna buy food?” Baekhyun’s brow arched.

Chanyeol turned, shrugged his shoulder and responded with a twisted smile surfacing his lips. “It’s easy for me. But you could give me money?”

“Why would I?” Baekhyun scowled. “You won’t even eat the food I cooked for you!”

“Okay then. I’d go out for a while. Don’t blame me if I don’t come back—“

“Y-you can’t go out! It’s forbidden until our marriage day comes!” He interrupted.

“So what? As if our family’s poor and can’t do anything for your family’s attacks? Or maybe you have forgotten that we have the same status of life?”

“Uhh.” Baekhyun bit his lips. Chanyeol sneered and turned his back from him. “Good then. I’ll be going.

“Ah wait!” He grabbed Chanyeol’s hand. “I’ll go.”

“You sure? I thought it’s forbidden?” Chanyeol smirked.

“I-it’s fine! I’m afraid you’ll womanize.”

“Of course I would— but ugh. I may not. If you could give me some fun. Or at least lend me some money?”

‘Alright, alright! Let’s just go.” Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol.

“Okay okay.” Chanyeol giggled.

 

They crept out and vigilantly went around the palace. They wandered through every corner with cautiousness. Yet they were unable to find a way out.

 

“How are we supposed to get out? There are soldiers in every corner of this place.” Chanyeol hauled a deep sigh. “Don’t you know any secret tunnels here?”

“I do… but it’s really hard to go out through that—“

“Where is it?”

“Just ten meters away from here….” Baekhyun answered with a voice toned down.

“Let’s go then.” Chanyeol ambled away and left Baekhyun behind in which Baekhyun immediately ran after him. They both walked and searched for that tunnel and were finally able to find it after minutes of journey.

“It’s this?” Chanyeol squinted in a furtive manner. “It’s dark inside huh. But whatever. Let’s go—“

“B-but… there are unknown species in there, right?” Baekhyun held the hem of Chanyeol’s shirt.

“You don’t want to? I could go in alone—“

“No! I told you I’ll be going with you.”

“Then face your girly fears.”

“Can I...” Baekhyun crafted a pause between his words, “Cling unto your arms? Please. I promise I won’t do anything that is against your will…well, other than that.”

“Hmm.” Chanyeol doodled with his lips on the air as he looked up. “It’s alright just this time. Just acknowledge it as a gift for you, for being a generous guy.” He winked.

“Why are you like that?” Baekhyun frowned.

“I was born like this. Anyway, do you really want to go with me or not?”

“I want to!” Baekhyun abruptly drew nearer to him, hang onto on Chanyeol's arms and gave Chanyeol a toothy smile.

“Don’t smile at me like that or I might push you away.”  Chanyeol smacked Baekhyun’s face. Baekhyun was hurt yet he managed to keep his mouth shut.
 

And besides, he’s feels to giddy to even complain about that tint of pain he felt.