Conflicts

Wedding Chains [HIATUS]

Baekhyun opened his eyes. He felt happiness crawling all over his body and to the edge of his lips eventually, that he couldn't stop biting them. He closed his eyes. He couldn't just forget the warm hug his partner gave him. Yesterday was like a miracle that he wasn't able to stop himself from jumping on his bed later that day.

 

In fact he was too happy that he forgot about the conflicts of life.

 

"Young master." Someone knocked. "We have a visitor. It seems that they have an urgent thing to tell you."

"Urgent?" Baekhyun mumbled to himself as he stood up and realized Chanyeol isn't by his side. He opened the door and his maid respectfully bowed to him. "Master Chanyeol's parents are here."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry young master but I don't have any idea of what's going on too."

"I see." Baekhyun sighed. He picked his hanbok up and went to the council room, in which he saw Chanyeol's drooped eyes and his parents that were kind of glaring sadly at him.

 

"It's a good thing to see you again. Baekhyun." Chanyeol's mother smiled dimly.

"M-me too, mother." Baekhyun stepped nearer and took a seat in front of them. "So...can I know what is the sudden agenda all about?"

"Have you forgotten? The fifth month passed already and... it's time to... take our Channie back."

"W-what?" Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol but just as their eyes were about to meet, Chanyeol darted his sight away. Baekhyun squinted, trying to identify what's the matter all about.

"It seems that you really forgot about the deal. We told you we'll take Chanyeol back if he still hasn't fallen for you after five months. We're really sorry my dear. I hope the right person comes to you."

"But Chanyeol..." Baekhyun muttered.  Chanyeol stood up and heaved a sigh that Baekhyun was left flabbergasted, sensing something bad about to happen.

"Let's...go home... mom." Chanyeol softly whispered. And before he could ever step out of the room, he turned his head to Baekhyun and stared at him for a while, letting the light in his eyes to fade.

"No..." Baekhyun silently cried out. Tears fell from the lids of his eyes, continuously like a free flowing river. He whirled his head around, in which his parents looked at him with sympathy.

 

"This is not true...Chanyeol... loves me..."

 

Baekhyun whimpered and ran away. He picked his phone up and dialed Jongin's number.

 

It was like a nightmare he never wanted to be real.

 

"Jongin," Baekhyun sobbed. "Let's meet in front of the school gate."

"Wait why—"

 

 

Baekhyun placed his phone down then hastened to their school forcibly that even the strongest guards weren't able to stop him. Tears won't just stop falling and his heart won't just stop breaking.

 

All of the joy and excitement he had, all of his hopes and expectations, vanished in a blink of an eye.

"Welcome back, our dearest son!" Chanyeol's mother uttered in a high-pitched voice, definitely overwhelmed about her son's comeback. "Goodness! Five months felt like years. We were so busy that we only got to visit you for three days all in all! Every day we worried about your condition. But now, you're already here so... Chanyeol you look sad."

"A-ah what? No uhm... that's not true. I'm... very happy. I just felt a bit tired and... strange." Chanyeol forced a grin.

"Maybe because you lived in a house with a very different atmosphere. Why don't you take a rest first?" Mr. Park suggested as he took his shoes off and handed it to one of their maids.

"He can do that later. The Jung family is waiting for us. Their daughter might be waiting in anticipation too." Chanyeol's mom giggled.

"Wait, who are those people?" Chanyeol asked, brows knitted together in confusion.

"They're not just 'people. Their family's one of the well-known business entrepreneurs since they were born to be like that. They're amazing people—"

"Chanyeol-sshi!" A voice of a girl echoed from afar that made Chanyeol turn his head.

 

Actually, she wasn't just a girl; she wasn't just a stranger he doesn't know.

She's Jung Nam Seo. [refer to chapter 13]

 

"Namseo? What are you doing here? H-how did you know...us?"

"Ah... about that... we're here to know your family more. You know... business matters."

"Hey Chanyeol. Namseo is a really kind girl. You should get along with her." Mr. park convinced.

"I..." Chanyeol faltered. He shifted his eyes to Namseo who was smiling that time and felt perplexed on what he should do. "This is about business matters huh."

"Well...yeah their family wanted to associate with us and they're here to have a talk with everyone."

"This... you want me to get closer, then be married to her the latter, don't you?"

"Uhmm..." Chanyeol's mom smiled. She looked at Namseo and tittered to calm the tense atmosphere. "Look, Namseo is a really nice girl. She likes you... and... and she's pretty, smart and—"

"I'm...sorry mom." Chanyeol uttered which totally and completely shocked everyone.

It's the first time he said such word. Maybe the first time he felt sorry.

 

"I'm very sorry. I'm already married. Namseo,  sorry. I wasn't expecting you to like me."

"I...I liked you the first time I saw you but when I went here, your parents told me about you and that baekhyun. So... I waited for this time but..." She paused and breathed deeply, trying her best to stop the tears forming in her eyes from falling. "If you don't like me, you could tell me directly."

"I'm very sorry but, I think I... need baekhyun."

"Chan-"

 

Chanyeol dashed away, carrying his phone with him. He can't clearly express the feeling dominating him right now. But he's sure that he would be the saddest of the saddest if the annoying Byun Baekhyun of his life will be separated from him.

 

Meanwhile Namseo was left behind; scowling through the path Chanyeol had taken. And slowly, her lips curved into a sly smile.