Double Date

Wedding Chains [HIATUS]

The morning light refracted on the window panes and eventually, drifted on Chanyeol's face which woke him up. He turned his head to his right side and stared at Baekhyun's innocent sleeping face. He smiled, as he held Baekhyun's chin. Yesterday, he thought everything would end in an instant. Yesterday, he thought he would lose someone precious to him. But he's glad, glad that that day was just another troublesome day. And the conflict between them will end right there.

 

Or so he thought.

 

He sat up, took deep breaths. And as slowly, but carefully as possible, he covered Baekhyun with a blanket and unknowingly, drew his face nearer. He felt temptation and he somehow wanted to resist because it was never the usual him.

 

"Mnnn." Baekhyun drawled, making Chanyeol yank away as if someone threw an atomic bomb unto him. He giggled then, realizing he was just sleep talking and palmed his face.

"What's with me? I feel so weird." Chanyeol shook his head. He opened the windows and cherished minutes of staring at the cherry blossom trees swaying along with the soft breeze. Doing something today bothers him.

"Baekhyun!" Chanyeol hollered as he ran back to their bed which awakened the sleeping Beast inside Baekhyun. "I want to go somewhere. Would you come with me?"

"Huh?" Baekhyun blinked. "I'm sleepy."

"You don't want to?" Chanyeol exhaled and stood up. "Alright! I'll go find some other chick to hang-out with—"

"No!" Baekhyun got up in an instant that quite surprised Chanyeol. "I'll come." He sprinted away to the bathroom. "Wait for me!"

"As if I'm really going to do that."

 

Chanyeol raised his brows and tittered by how cute Baekhyun was.

 

 

"Woaah~~" Baekhyun drooled, as he smudged his face on the glass cover, peeping at the sweets inside each Bakeshops.

 

"Stop acting like a kid. I wanna go, play some ball games." Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun's hand. Baekhyun resisted and for that moment, they kinda played tug-of-war. "Hey!"

"Before we go there to wherever that place is, can we first buy those foods I've seen?" Baekhyun begged through his eyes. "Everything!"

"What? Can you even finish those up? That's too much for you and it's not healthy!"

"I want to taste them! I wasn't able to eat those before so I want to know how they taste like!"

"Geez." Chanyeol expelled his breath. "Okay but not too much! You hear me?"

"Oookaaay!~" Baekhyun fluffed his cheeks and rushed, taking everything he wants. Chanyeol watched from afar and wasn't able to do anything aside from scratching his head, watching and giggling as his partner goes paranoid over some boxes of baked delicacies.

"Chanyeol?" Someone, well not really someone, uttered from behind. "Oh, it's really you."

"Kyungsoo." Chanyeol blinked. He darted his eyes towards Jongin who was throwing him an odd look that time, and plastered an awkward grin. "H-hey. You two are on a date?"

"Yeah obviously. How about...the two of you?" Jongin raised his brows and turned his head to where Baekhyun is, since he could be seen through the transparent glass.

"Uhmm..." Chanyeol covered his face with his palms and bit his lips. "Y-yeah—"

"Pffft." Jongin laughed, struggling as he tried hard to stop the boisterous sound about to burst out of his mouth. "There you go again. If you could only see how disgusting your face is when you blush that it makes me feel like vomiting. Especially the last time." He chuckled.

"Shut up!" Chanyeol arched his brows. Baekhyun then appeared right behind him and flushed a vibrant, friendly smile on the couple in front of them. "Where are the two of you going?"

"You see, we're having a date and accidentally bumped on your husband." Kyungsoo replied. "And I just thought about this... how about a double date?"

"No—"

"Sure!!~" Baekhyun excitedly said, almost jumping off the ground. "That'll be nice!"

"Good." Jongin turned his back and walked along Kyungsoo, with his arms wrapped around his partner's shoulder. Baekhyun took a bite on one of the foods he bought and looked with jealousy on the lovey dovey Kyungsoo and Jongin pair clearly visible with his own two eyes which Chanyeol kinda noticed. And so the four of them went to some stores, bought food and played in some arcades. Baekhyun did enjoy tripping over as he tried playing basketball, but he couldn't help but feel envious of the romantic interaction between Jongin and Kyungsoo. Chanyeol heaved a sigh inside and frustratedly walked towards Jongin as they finally decided to rest.

"Hey..." He whispered. "I have a question. Let's go somewhere else."

Jongin stood up, nodded and told the other two that they're just gonna talk then sauntered away from them. "So, what's the matter?"

"H-how...how..." Chanyeol paused.

"How, what?"

"How are...you able to do those sweet things with Kyungsoo?"

"Seriously. What kind of question is that?" Jongin softly laughed. "That's a natural thing. You don't have to practice it."

"But why is it so hard? I...feel so bad that he kept looking at the two of you. Still I can't do anything sweet because I'm...embarrassed."

"You really love him, don't you?" Jongin curved his lips.

"I...do."

"Then be yourself. Make him smile the way you could." Jongin answered then tapped Chanyeol's shoulder as he left. Chanyeol looked far away; a bit empty minded and then walked off as he thought about going back.

 


Author's Note: Some sort of a fluff special chapter :)