Sharing joy

Wedding Chains [HIATUS]

The megaphone started giving a sharp, feedback sound that caused irritation and somewhat caught everyone's attention. Half of them knew what it is. The other half doesn't and that's inclusive of Baekhyun who has his mouth formed into an "o", hearing that for the first time, probably. Atleast the others, except him, know what that sound was.

 

"Good day freshmen! We just want to inform you that this upcoming Friday, will be your day. We will be preparing booths and activities for you to enjoy. But please don't bring alcoholic drinks and of course prohibited objects. It would be an event for everyone to have fun, and not to be bothered. Thank you for listening this is the council's president announcing."

"Whoa Chanyeol! Aren't we freshmen?!" Baekhyun swished to Chanyeol who was behind him, almost jumping.

"Yeah, why?" Chanyeol started walking off, emotionless, as he looked straight.

"Something good is about to happen on Friday right? I didn't clearly understand it but it already seems so fun!" Baekhyun gripped Chanyeol's arms, walking sidewards as he leaped.

"It's just some stupid freshmen night. There will be disco lights, balls and people dancing and flirting like idiots. There's no way that's fun! Not even when I was still visiting bars and clubs. Anyway, I go there to play... and that's waaay better than recreational stuffs—that time."

"Geez! Sometimes, I can't get your logic. But whatever! I'll prepare for it very well!" Baekhyun's eyes shone and glimmered like there is a total internal reflection behind his pupil. He clenched the both of his fist and sauntered. Chanyeol followed the path Baekhyun took then giggled.

 

 

"Bro." Jongin placed his drink down the cafeteria table. "Sometimes, you have to do the things that could make your beloved one happy."

"H-how?" Chanyeol's brows bumped together into a scowl.

"You should prepare something for him. Like a surprise or anything. Isn't he anticipating for that event? Make it the best day for him." Kyungsoo suggested.

"Why should I? That's an event for everyone. Not just for the two of us. I don't want to create a commotion."

"But—"

"Here's your order~" Baekhyun handed down the two cans of cola he was holding. Chanyeol looked at him. Confused why he bought that for him.

"What's this for? I didn't ask you to buy one for me, did I?"

"Yup!" Baekhyun moved a chair and took a seat, giddily. "I just want to share the happiness I'm feeling right now. I want you to feel happy too! I'm so excited for this Friday's event!" Baekhyun smiled, along with the bright curve on his eyes. Chanyeol shifted his sight vigilantly unto Jongin and Kyungsoo who was laughing quietly at him that time.

"Uhhmm." Chanyeol broke the awkward atmosphere as he cleared his throat. "Baekhyun, can we go to the market later? The four of us?"

"Eh why?"

"I'm going to buy something." He gargled the cola in his mouth a little bit.

"Sure!" Baekhyun grinned and took a gulp from his cola. Chanyeol bit his lips, and the other two continued suppressing themselves from tittering.

 

The display cabinets were full of various things which Chanyeol looked at. He's just torn between each item. And he doesn't know what would Baekhyun like, to be real.

 

"You're inhumane! Seriously. You're freaking insane! How could you not know your spouse' likes? God. You're making my head hurt. Why are we even here in the books' section?"

"Can you just shut up? I don't know why we're here too. I'm hoping that I could find something Baekhyun would like."

"You don't even know what to find you stupid guy. Why didn't you ask him?–"

"I'm so done with all your babbling!" Chanyeol interrupted. "Where's baekhyun? We'll be going home—"

"How about flowers? Chocolates? It would be a waste if we won't buy something."

"Hmm." Chanyeol glared at Jongin. "I think that would do."

"Let's buy the ingredients then. And I'll help you with the crepe flowers." Jongin winked and grabbed sets of crepe papers, then rushed to the other corner to get some baking materials. Chanyeol was left flabbergasted and he doesn't even know what the hell is happening.

"W-why did you buy all of this? Don't tell me..."

"Right! All of the things you'll give him on Friday would be hand-made." Jongin smirked making Chanyeol feel dumb.

"What's the point when we could buy pre-made ones in stores?"

"How obtuse. Are you born a senseless nut? Of course he'll be happier if you'll give him something you've worked hard for. Don't worry. I've done this once, when I'm still trying to snatch Kyungsoo from you. So, I could help you with this." Jongin mocked. Chanyeol threw a sharp stare at him, making Jongin withdrew what he just said. "Hey, I'm joking. Don't take me seriously. The only real thing I've said is that I know how to do these stuffs aye?"

"Exasperating b*tch." Chanyeol turned around. Yet he had a mini heart-attack, for Baekhyun was behind him.

"Boo! Were you shocked?" Baekhyun chortled.

"Baek, I won't be able to go home today. I've got some business with Jongin."

"Is...that so?" Baekhyun pouted and then broadly smiled. "I understand. I'll just go home alone. I'll ask for a horse to pick me up here."

"What? Why a horse? Call my manservant and ask him to send my car here. You know his number right?"

"I left my phone..." Baekhyun flashed his teeth.

"Geez. I'll text him then—"

"You don't have too!" Baekhyun cut in. "I'm fine with my horse. Morever, I'm much more used to that."

"Well that's not fine for me. Just listen to what I'm saying. You're not safe with a horse. I'd rather have my car broken because you close the doors with too much strength than to have your bones broken because your horse went crazy."

"Eh..." Baekhyun scratched his head. "Uhm. Alright!" He exclaimed. Jongin and Kyungsoo on the other side, just looked at each other with so much silliness in them.

~~extra scene

Nighttime, at Jongin's house.

 

"Oops! Don't you dare close your eyes!" Jongin slammed a stick on Chanyeol's hand which made him flinch. He looked up and shouted with gritted teeth then rubbed his hand.

"Why do you even have to hit me with that freaking stick?"

"Cause you're about to sleep. I told you you can't sleep unless you are able to learn how to make the perfect crepe flower."

"This is so damn stupid! I quit!" Chanyeol stood up. Yet Jongin blocked his way and gave him an evil grin that reeks of something wicked.

 

And so,  the helpless Chanyeol ended up being caged like a poor bird being forced to eat a sack of bird feed that day.