K-Strike Info Page

K-Strike | Simtong Entertainment New Girl Group | AlphaBAT Sister Group | STORY STARTING!

K-Strike (band)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
 
K-Strike
Nine Muses Showcase.jpg
'Mr. Taxi' from 1st Japanese studio album
Background information
Also known as Kaleidoscope Strike, KSE
Origin SeoulSouth Korea
Genres K-popdance-pop
Years active 2014-present
Labels Simtong Entertainment (2014-2017)
All In Entertainment (2017-)
Associated Acts GIAlphaBAT, I.O.I, Twice,
 
Members Yoonjung
Caremella
Emma
Jiyoung
Jenny
Hana
Bella
Alyssa
 
Past members R:ho (Kim Hyun Ae)
T:au (Han Ji Hye)
S:igma (Ryu Xin Qi)
Q:I (Kim Min Hee)
K-Strike
Hangul K-스트라이크
Revised Romanization -
McCune–Reischauer -

K-Strike (Korean: K-스트라이크, sometimes stylized as Kaleidoscope Strike) is a South Korean girl group under All In Entertainment (former Simtong Entertainment) and also the former sister group to AlphaBAT. The group debuted in 2014 with the single 'The Boys' from the single album with the same name. 

 

 

History

2014: Debut, 'Oh!' comeback, winning at MAMA Awards, Femme Fatale

The formation of K-Strike was announced on May 16, 2014. Simtong Entertainment also announced that K-Strike is the sister group of AlphaBAT with nine members and their name meaning 'Kaleidoscope Strike', meaning the girls will gather a mixture of great voices, rapping, and dancing that'll produce great music. The girls would also carry out the alphabat part in their stage name. Members were revealed a few months afterwards, with all the members being global girls.

L:ambda - Korean/American
M:U - Korean/Brazilian
N:U - Korean/American
O:micron - Korean/Australian/Fijian
P:I - Korean/American
Q:I - Korean/American/Japanese
R:ho - Korean.Amercian
S:igma - Korean/Chinese
T:au - Korean/Chinese

Their MV was released on August 27th, the single album The Boys. K-Strike had a showcase at V Hall in Magopu, Seoul on August 29th and their debut was on August 30th at 'Music Core'

K-Strike performed at the '2014 MAMA Awards' with 'The Boys' and were elected to win the best MV with 'The Boys'. The girls put on an amazing performance plus won that award.

On November 28th K-Strike released a teaser, annoucing their comeback titled 'Oh!'. The official MV was released on December 1st as the groups second single. They made their official comeback on December 4th at 'M! Countdown'.

December 20th Stardom Entertainment and Simtong Entertainment released that the sisters in each group would perform at MBC's '2014 Gayo Daejaejun'. Nine Sirens's Jihyun and Jewel and K-Strike's S:igma and T:au. They were called NSKS (Nine Sirens & K-Strike) but changed their name to Femme Fatale. They performed a song titled 'Red Light'.  

2015: Malaysia Showcase, 'Romantic St.', fanclub name, 'Run Devil Run', O:micron fainted, first win, R:ho & T:au departure, U:psilon added, 'K-Strike In The House'

On February 27th Simtong Entertainment annouced that K-Strike would have their first oversea showcase in Malaysia in the same place that AlphaBAT did theres on March 6th.

Two days after announcing of their Malaysia showcase they released their third single titled 'Romantic St.' and performed it for the first time at their showcase. But also with the release of 'Romantic St.' the girls announced their fanclub name to be called Strikers.

Teasers for K-Strike's comeback was revealed on April 22nd till the MV teaser on April 26th. The girls would be mkaing their comeback with their first mini album titled 'Run Devil Run'. It was released on April 30th and their comeback stage was on May 2nd at 'M! Countdown' and a showcase followed on May 4th. 

But on May 26th it was reported that O:micron fainted during the recording on 'M! Countdown' and was taken to the hospital and was later revealed by Simtong Entertainment that she was alright and was in bed rest for a few days to recover. She returned to the stage a few days later.

On May 31st, K-Strike got their first win with 'Run Devil Run' on at 'Inkigayo'.

On June 2nd Simtong Entertainment announced that R:ho and T:au departed the group for different reasons (R:ho for studies and T:au for health reasons). Simtong Entertainment also said that there is no plans to add new members at the time or thinking of a comeback.

On August 8th, K-Strike announced of their comeback and they'll welcome a new member. Teasers were released on the 10th, following the revealtion of new member U:psilon (Alyssa) on the 14th. The girls 2nd mini album 'K-Strike In The House' was released on August 28th following their comeback on their one year anniversary, making it also U:psilon's debut day.

2016: S:igma hiatus

On February 5th Simtong Entertainment announced that member S:igma would be taking a hiatus from the group, but not officially leaving the group.

2017: S:igma departure, New agency, Japan debut + new members, Q:I leaves, Japanese single, 'Sleepless Night', Hana acting

In January 2017, S:igma after 11 months hiatus from K-Strike announced her leave. Following she debuted as a solo artist in China.

K-Strike announced on their Twitter that they changed their agency to All In Entertainment and are expected to make their comeback in the later half of 2017. The group announced that they would make their Japanese debut under their new agency, as well as add two new members. They also announced that Q:I left the group back in June. The two new members Hana and Bella were introduced on July 14th. They debuted in Japan with their single 'Catch Me If You Can' on July 27, 2017.

K-Strike started to tease for their 1st EP album 'Lost' September 5th, they released the album with the title song 'Sleepless Night' on September 11th. The girls made their comeback on the 12th on 'The Show' and new members Hana and Bella debuted. They ended promotions on October 1st.

On December 27th, Hana was announced to be debuting as a actress under the drama 'Great Temptation' as the lead role.

2018: 1st Japanese studio album, Pre-summer single,

All In Entertainment announced that K-Strike would have a full schedule for 2018; which included a Japanese and Korean album and concerts. They first released a MV for the Japanese version of 'Run Devil Run' on January 12th, followed by the Japanese version of 'Oh!' on January 24th. On February 3rd, K-Strike's first concerts in Japan were announced titled 'The FIrst Arena Tour', that lasts from February 23rd through March 17th. Their first Japanese studio album was released on February 13th with 'Mr. Taxi' being the lead single.

On April 31st, K-Strike released teasers of their pre-summer single 'Hurt Locker', which was released on May 4th, following their comeback stage the next day.

 

 

Members

Stage name Full name Date of birth+Positions
Romanized Hangul Romanized Hangul
Yoonjung 윤정 Choi Yoon Jung 최윤정 June 12, 1991 (age 26)
Leader, Main Dancer, Vocalist, Rapper
Carmella  카멜라 Carmella Fonseca 카멜라 폰세카  November 16, 1991 (age 26)
Lead Dancer, Vocalist, Rapper
Emma 엠마 Seo Ae Hyun  서애현 March 7, 1992 (age 25)
Main Vocalist 2
Jiyoung 지영 Lee Ji Young 이지영 March 9, 1994 (age 23)
Face Of Group, Lead Dancer, Vocalist 1
Jenny 제니 Park Ju Yeon 박주연 December 27, 1995 (age 23)
Main Vocalist 1
- - - - -
Hana 하나 Hana Jung 하나정 January 14, 1997 (age 21)
Visual & Lead Vocalist 2
Bella 벨라 Bella Durand 벨라 듀런드 June 25, 1997 (age 20)
Lead Vocalist 3
Alyssa 알리사 Yin Zhee Ya Alyssa 음 다우 야 알리사 March 3, 1998 (age 19)
Maknae, Lead Dancer, Vocalist 2

* Alyssa (former stage name; U:psilon) joined the group on August 14, 2015 (debuted on August 30, 2015)
* Hana & Bella joined the group on July 14, 2017 (debuted on September 12, 2017)

Members

Stage name Full name Date of birth+Positions
Romanized Hangul Romanized Hangul
R:ho 링호 Kim Hyun Ae 김현애 November 25, 1996 (age 19)
Lead Vocalist 1
T:au 타우 Han Ji Hye 한 지 혜 August 24, 1997 (age 18)
Lead Dancer, Vocalist 2, Maknae
S:igma 시그마 Ryu Xin Qui 류 신화 치 January 1, 1997 (age 20)
Visual & Lead Vocalist 2
Q:I Kim Min Hee 김민희 April 2, 1996 (age 21)
Lead Vocalist 3
- - - - -
- - - - -
- - - - -
- - - - -
- - - - -

* R:ho & T:au left the group on June 2, 2015 (R:ho for studies & T:au for health reasons)
* S:igma left the group in January 2017 after a 11 month hiatus away from the group
* Q:I left the group in June 2017

Discography

Main article: K-Strike discography

Korean discography

Single albums

- The Boys (2014)
- Oh! (2014)
Romantic St. (2015)
- Hurt Locker (2017)
- Party (2018)

Studio albums

  • Lion Heart (2018)
  • -
  • -
  • -

EPs

  • Lost (2017)
  • -
  • -
  • -

    Mini Albums
  • Run Devil Run (2015)
  • K-Strike In The House (2015)
  • Heart Attack (2016)

Japanese discography

Studio albums

  • K-Strike (2018)
  • -
  • -

Single albums

  • Catch Me If You Can (2017)
  • Run Devil Run (2018)
  • Oh! (2018)
  • -

Tours

Main article: List of K-Strike concert tours

Headlining

Main Tours

  • -
  • -
  • -

Japan Tours

  • -
  • -
  • -

Overseas Showcases

  • K-STRIKE: 1ST SHOWCASE IN MALAYSIA (2015)
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -