Chapter 37: Take Off!

K-Strike | Simtong Entertainment New Girl Group | AlphaBAT Sister Group | STORY STARTING!

When their CEO told what he had planned for the new year, the girls thought he was a little crazy, but they were determined to make 2018 their year. Even though they haven't said it out loud they were all thinking the same thing, wanting to win another music trophy. 

K-Strike haven't won since May 2015 with 'Run Devil Run', and to the original members especially it was a hard time low for them. They felt the popularity within Japan, but in their domestic country that was not the case and it worried them all. But their CEO insured with a busy schedule with promoting in Japan, having a tour, making a couple of comebacks in Korea, and having their first concert would make them known once again. If their CEO believed in them, the girls would to.

They were practicing their Japanese and their new songs; changing formations and lyrics around.

Yoonjung and Jiyoung were teaching Hana and Bella 'Flashback' since they hadn't joined the group during those promotions. They were teaching the chorus with all the hand movements. Yoonjung clapped, "One, two, three!" Hana and Bella did the movements but Bella got confused and stopped while Hana finished it perfectly. Bella was upset with herself but Yoonjung knew better and intervened, "Bella it's okay." Bella shook her head, "It's not unnie I messed up."

Yoonjung put her hand on Bella's shoulder, "You can't get upset with yourself, if you do then the anger will overtake you. Just breathe, take a few moments, and then let's do it again okay?" Bella breathed in and out, looked at Yoonjung and nodded. Hana went over to her friend, "You good Bella?" Bella nodded. Jiyoung started the music and both of the '97 liners finished it perfectly together. Yoonjung clapped, "See I told you, you could do it Bella-ah!" Jiyoung smiled wide, "Very good. You girls did well despite only learning this a few days ago. This is great progress." 

Both Hana and Bella felt great being flooded with compliments.

In another room; Carmella, Emma, Jenny, and Alyssa were doing vocal warm ups, as well as dance moves. 

Jenny and Emma were doing vocals while Carmella and Alyssa were dancing. Emma and Jenny decided to mashup two songs to sing for a duet during their tour, so transposing was what they were doing. Jenny looked over at Emma, "Unnie? Should we make the first verse shorter and the second one longer?"

Emma looked at what Jenny wrote, "I don't think we need to. But it'll be good if we make the intro longer, give more time for the instrumentals to introduce the song." Jenny nodded and erased what she had on her paper. 

Alyssa bounced over, sweat all over her forehead, "Unnies, are you really singing two songs at once?" Carmella came over with two water bottles and gave one to Alyssa who thanked her and drank from it. Emma answered Alyssa's question, "More like combing the two to make one song, so even the lyrics make sense. Of course the song is in Korean so were going to ask the production crew over in Japan to translate it and have the lyrics in Japanese on a big board. So you know it makes sense." Alyssa nodded. Carmella was amazed, "You girls are dabaek. I don't have that kind of skill to first off combine two songs, than make it into to perform and for it make sense. Talented you both are." Jenny put her thumb up, "Thanks unnie!"

****

After a few hours of separate group practice the girls gathered one more time to run through the group songs before retiring for the night. They were heading to Japan to start their tour and they couldn't wait.