Blast from the Past

The Risk of Flying

“What’s with you and Mark?” Julia asks amusedly while we clean our dorm. “You guys are at each other’s throats every time we hang out together.”

I shrug my shoulders miffed by the mention of Mark on my day off. “I don’t know. The guy is an .” I say simply and venomously. I busy myself with picking up all our laundry to be run. “I mean, I thought I was very nice when we had dinner all together.” I say angrily tossing the clothes into a basket. “I don’t know what his deal is.”

“Maybe it was something that happened at JYPE when you both were trainees there,” Julia says curiously. “I mean aside from you other activities.” She says smirking at me.

“Well Mark obviously knows about Nichkhun and I then, or at least suspects.” I say while shaking my head. “I mean really it isn’t like it was wrong for us to have a fun little fling.” I say exasperated. Honestly speaking though, I should get a handle on my fun little flings, not to say I go around parading about them. I know it’ll hurt Julia if they come to light, and that is the absolute last thing I want to do.

“Was he number three or two?” Julia asks teasingly. “I know there was Henry from when you were in Hong Kong.” She says smugly. “He’s cute.”

I smile rather fond of those memories. Henry and I had bumped into each other by chance, I hadn’t known anything about Super Junior or anything about Korea really, but by the time Henry and I broke it off he encouraged me to accept the offer from JYPE. “He is, and I don’t number them off like that. It sounds really foul.” I say frowning. The guys that I’ve dated are special to me, even now. I’m on good terms with all of them, even if things are a little awkward or just a smidgen rocky.

“I know; it’s just fun to tease you.” Julia says smiling as we sort the clothes. “You met Nichkhun at JYPE, and then at SMent you met Himchan, and then Junhyung.” Pausing a moment before pressing on. “You were pretty close with Junhyung.”

I nod my head, it’s taken a while, but I’ve managed to push those feelings away. “Junhyung is friend and mentor.” I tell her softly. “Even if we were both a little upset that things turned out the way they did.” I say seriously. “Let’s talk about something else.” I mumble as I start the first load of laundry.

“Are you going to come to dinner with us tonight?” Julia asks softly.

I shake my head. “I’m not really in the mood to hang out like that.” I say calmly. “Besides if I go Mark and I will have to either be babysat or kept away from each other.” I say nonchalantly, ending the discussion for the moment.

~~~

“Are you sure you don’t want to come?” Julia asks with Dayoung standing at the door while I send the m off. “It won’t be the same without you.”

I roll my eyes. “You mean everyone will get along?” I ask them smirking. “It’ll be fine, besides when was the last time I just ate and went to bed?” I ask smiling. “So go on.” I tell them waving them out.

Both girls look at me hesitantly. “Alright, but if you want to show up late that’ll be fine too.” Dayoung says slowly. “We’ll see you later then.” Dayoung says waving to me before turning to leave, Julia following suit.

I glide back into the dorm, feeling a bit relieved. One does not always have to hang out with friends. Okay, so maybe I do feel a bit lonely, but it’ll be fine. I attempt to entertain myself with being in the dorm, but that’s dreadfully boring. I guess it has been a long time since I just ate and went to bed.

Finding my phone I decide to call Nichkhun, seeing as Junhyung and I still aren’t quite on that strictly professional level yet, we can’t quite just hang out like we used to before we started dating. “Hey Melody,” I hear him say, chuckling slightly like he always did before. “Aren’t you hanging out with the others?”

“Nope,” I say popping my ‘p’. “I decided to avoid confrontation tonight.” I say simply. “I’m bored.” I explain simply, pouting slightly as I sit on the couch not at all thrilled by my situation.

I hear Nichkhun let out a sigh. “You never could stay alone for long, how long did you last this time?” He asks. “Honestly, you’re too sociable.”

I grin slightly, even if Nichkhun and I both know where we were is in the past, it feels good that he remembers the little things about me. “I lasted a whole ten minutes.” I say proudly, well jokingly at least.

I hear his laugh that I do love. “Alright, I think we can manage a night out without getting in trouble, right?” Nichkhun says letting out a small content sigh.

“You’re looking forward to this more than I am.” I easily. “I’ll start getting dressed then.” I say pleased with this. “You didn’t have anything planned did you?”

“Nope, I was going to stay in and read, you know boring adult stuff.” Nichkhun teases me right back. “Text me the address, I’ll be there I in a bit.”

“Alright, see you soon Nichkhun.” I say happily. After hanging up I send him the text with the dorm’s address. Carrying my phone with me I start getting dressed, pulling on black skinny jeans with tears in the knees, a black shirt with a skull on it I glance in the mirror happily. I start on my makeup, keeping it simple and casual, by the time I finish I hear our doorbell.

Pulling the door open I see Nichkhun standing there waiting in jeans, a plain white shirt and a light black jacket. “Hey, just let me grab a jacket and my boots.” I say letting him in. “By the way, you look nice as usual.” I say smirking back at him as I grab my jacket off the arm of the couch, slipping it on then my boots.

“You too,” Nichkhun says smiling at me. “So I was thinking dinner, coffee and then whatever happens.” Nichkhun suggests helping me up after I slip both my shoes on. “Sound good?”

I nod my head happily, following Nichkhun out after shutting the door behind me. “I should probably make it back here before Julia comes back.” I say aloud, “I’m not sure I could handle her teasing me about not being able to stay alone.” I mutter frowning at the thought.

“We can try.” Nichkhun says chuckling. “You’ll probably get better at it later Mel.” Nichkhun says casually. “What do you feel like eating?” Nichkhun asks as we get on the elevator. “Pizza or barbecue?” He asks nudging me playfully.

I grin back at him as I nudge back. “Barbecue, that place that we used to go to all the time.” I say grinning happily, the prospect of good food too alluring for me. “What were you doing when I called?” I ask curiously as we step off the elevator, Nichkhun out of habit pulls my hood on for me, then his, nodding for me to follow behind him.

“Reading, Wooyoung and I went shopping the other day, and I got a new book.” Nichkhun answers me simply once we’re in his car. “The other guys all made plans so I was just going to stay in.” He explains while driving.

“Right, that boring adult stuff you were talking about.” I say teasingly. Nichkhun sends me an amused look before looking back to the road. I watch Nichkhun for a moment before speaking again. “You look really cool while driving.”

Nichkhun chuckles and I’ll admit it: I’m addicted to the sound. “You never said anything before.” He comments lightly. “It’s still a lot of fun to goof off with you.” He murmurs contently.

“We haven’t gotten to in a while.” I say simply. Nichkhun and I begin talking about funny things, happy things, serious things and just anything at all while we’re out together. This is why I always loved spending time with Nichkhun, it’d been easy going and I guess it still is.

 

I grin at Nichkhun appreciatively. “It was a lot of fun tonight.” I say giggling slightly, having had just a little bit to drink. “Thank you Oppa.” I say smiling up at the rather tall man in our entrance hall.

Nichkhun chuckles again and I grin even more. “It was a lot of fun; we’ll have to do this again.” Nichkhun says leaning down slightly. “Forgive me.” He mutters before stealing a kiss.

“Oppa, that’s not fair.” I whine slightly, while it has been a while for me, I’m not about to jump right back into it, even if it is super tempting. I feel the resolve not to jump back in quickly dissolve leaving me wanting way more than I should want. “Maybe one more,” I mumble as Nichkhun’s lips hover just above my own.

“Just one more,” Nichkhun agrees before kissing me. I’ve always loved this feeling, our kiss quickly becomes heated and as we pull apart I let out a small mew of disappointment. “We shouldn’t get carried away. I’ll see you around Melody.” Nichkhun says hesitantly.

“Tease,” I mutter sighing, but some part of me is agreeing. “I’ll see you later oppa.” I say watching him carefully.

Nichkhun smiles, pecking my lips and then my forehead, I watch as he turns and leaves. Being slightly tipsy makes being alone in the dorm worse, but deciding not to dwell on it I take off and head towards the bathroom, washing my makeup off, and then taking a quick shower before getting in bed.

I’m woken up by Julia, looking around I glance at the clock, three am. “What?” I groan turning over to face the wall.

“I just got back, did you eat?” She asks worriedly, another reason why she’s the leader and thankfully not me. “Wait a second.” She says suddenly and then I feel her hand run through my hair. “Why’d you take another shower—” I feel a quick slap to my back. “You went out drinking!” She accuses me.

“Ow,” I mutter feeling the groggy nature of sleep leaving me slightly. “What is wrong with you?!” I ask her as I attempt to rub my back gently.

“Melody, you went drinking.” Julia says seriously. “And since I happen to be your best friend I know you don’t go alone. Who were you with?” She asks seriously. “Mel, you’re no light weight I know, but when you get tipsy you shower…” Julia leads off worriedly.

“I was with Nichkhun,” I tell her wanting to go back to bed. “Let me sleep.” I whine slightly as I lay back down. “Besides I had a lot of fun.” I tell her feeling my sleepiness come back. “Can we talk about it in the morning?” I ask snuggling back into my bed. I don’t hear her reply as I fall back asleep.

 

“So, you didn’t stay here.” Julia says watching me get dressed. “You went out with Nichkhun.” Julia prompts immediately. “You went drinking?”

After I have my shirt on I take a seat next to her on the ground. “Yes, I went out with Nichkhun. We had dinner, got coffee, and then had one or two drink before coming back here for him to drop me off.” I tell her simply. I let out a long sigh when she gives me her please-go-on look. “We kissed in the dorm and that is all that happened.” I say finally.

Julia looks at me rather smugly. “Is that why your sudden frustration has ebbed off?” She teases me; I widen my eyes blushing from her words. “What you’re no prude.” She says gleefully and rather gloatingly.

“Yeah, maybe but I, just…” I say at a loss of words. “This conversation became very teasing.” I mutter as I cross my arms. “How was your night?” I ask ignoring her suggestive looks.

“Pretty good once Mark and I got Jackson to stop whining about you not coming,” Julia says while rolling her eyes. “Everyone had a good time, Ilhoon even came with.” She says while shrugging her shoulders.

“Were Dayoung and Ilhoon super cute together?” I ask rather happily, if I had to pick a relationship to love it would be theirs hands down.

“Yeah, you should have seen them. Ilhoon kept watching Dayoung as she talked, looked around for her when she wasn’t in eyesight, it was pretty cute.” Julia says chuckling, like most of Cube, we’re on the Dayhoon ship.

“How was Cheonmi?” I ask worriedly, out of everyone she gets long best with Mark, though Jackson has a crush on her and has made next to zero progress with said crush.

Julia shrugs her shoulders. “She left early, during the middle of dinner she got up excused herself saying she got a text from her manager and left.” She explains chuckling slightly. “She’s filming early today for a show, she was pretty flustered about it.”

I nod my head understandingly; Cheonmi is super popular on variety shows for her honest and naive opinions on just about everything. Julia, Dayoung and I all agree it’s her childlike innocence that charms everyone she meets. Junhyung lectures the three on us about how we’re corrupting her, slowly but surely.

“We only have a photo shoot today; we’re meeting Dayoung for lunch.” Julia says cheerfully, while I am suspicious of her and this sudden lunch I nod my head. “Come on we better get going.” She says already dressed and ready to go. I quickly follow behind my best friend quietly, trying to figure out what exactly she has planned.


 

Hope you guys enjoy~!
I'm going to try and get to another regular updating schedule again!

AND
I opened up a request shop
Second Wishes