Drunk Kisses

The Risk of Flying

As usual of our Saturday night I'm in GOT7's practice room, a common occurance as we usually leave from here to have fun out in Seoul all together, but instead of everyone being here it's just Mark and I. This is a bit awkward as we both haven't exactly been getting along nor fighting. Mark and I sit quietly together; it’s strange how uncomfortable it is to be alone with Mark now. “So how have you been?” I ask quietly trying to get rid of the silence; then again Mark and I talking might not be good.

“Fine,” Mark answers in his usual tone of indifference. “And you?” The question sounds forced and not at all very much like he wants to know how I’ve been.

I debate if I should answer, as I glance at Mark I see him watching me and waiting. “I’ve been pretty good.” I answer honestly. “Are you mad at me?” I ask quietly.

“Are we playing Truth?” Mark says answering my question with his own questioning. He scoffs slightly and while I am positive he is angry with me I’m not sure why, nor am I sure why I don’t like Mark being angry with me.

“Yes, your last question was if I was afraid of elevators, so it’s my turn.” I say, Mark looks at me surprised and as though he really doesn’t want to play, but then he lets out a sigh and looks at me nods his head. “Yes you’re mad, or yes you’ll play?” I ask curiously.

“Yes I’ll play.” Mark says while leaning back. “But only for a little.” He mutters while crossing his arms over his chest. “I guess I’m more annoyed with you than mad.” Mark says slowly, he glances at me again bites his lip a bit nervously. “I’m just annoyed because after we got out of the elevator it was like we had gone back to square one.”

I nod my head trying to understand, while I’m not sure why we did go back to square one, I’ll agree that we did. “We don’t have to. I thought we’d get along more even with others around, talk more.” I say quietly a bit bothered that Mark and I can’t seem to stay on good terms.

“Are you seeing someone, is that why you’re not hanging out with us as often now?” Mark asks quietly.

I blink once before I can completely process the question. “I am. I’m not really sure what we’re doing though to be honest.”

Mark nods his head slowly. “Let’s just go by ourselves.” Mark says getting up looking back at me as I sit on the couch in their practice room. “I have no idea what’s keeping them, but we get along better as two verses as a group.”

While I am hesitant to be alone with Mark, I can’t say I don’t mind the idea. I get up and lead us out of the Practice room, walking together I feel like we’re a bit of an odd pair, while at the same time I feel like us talking and being alone is familiar. “Where do you want to go?” I ask once we exit the building sending texts that we are both going to go out on our own, singularly, while the guys all go out and have fun together. Mark simply shrugs his shoulders, I glance around. “We could just go to my dorm, we still have some beer, we could order some chicken and just eat there, if you want.” I suggest finding being out in public less and less appealing.

“Sounds good to me,” Mark says getting us a taxi. For the ride Mark and I are silent neither saying anything. I try to think of a question to ask Mark, one that isn’t quite so dangerous. But by the time we’re getting out I’m still at a loss of what to ask. “It’s still your turn.” Mark says in a gentle tone.

I nod my head still trying to think of something to ask. “I know,” I say softly as we get on the elevator, I smile slightly now being in one alone with Mark again. “When you took me away from everything why that spot by the river?” I ask quietly, sighing I watch Mark and frown for a moment. “Why take me there, surely Jaebum could have, why force yourself to spend time with me when back then we weren’t sure we could get along?” I ask feeling confused, obviously having gone with a dangerous question anyways.

Mark nods his head, in that yeah you’re right kind of way and I find it extremely distracting. “Jaebum could have taken you somewhere, he probably knew a few places too, but I didn’t want him to.” Mark says seriously. “I want to get along with you, I want to be friends with you, but it’s frustrating trying to because while on one hand we can I know on the other we can’t quite be friends.” He says letting out a long sigh afterwards. A lot of me wonders why on the other hand Mark and I can’t be friends, what’s stopping us, I’m pretty sure Mark and I can get along and be friends, so why does he think we can’t? “How did those guys admit that they liked you?” Mark says slowly and with a slight frown, “Why did you like them?” Mark asks as the doors open.

I don’t answer until we’re in the dorm, apartment I share with Julia. “None of them did that big embarrassing and direct confession. I personally hate when people just give this big show for it just suddenly without giving a hint that they like you. If you like me kiss me or do this big gesture so I know you like me. Treat me like you do care for me, do little things, big things, don’t just suddenly say that you have this undying love for me. Treat me a little bit different from other girls.” I say while shrugging my shoulders. “I do not like how they do those confessions in dramas.” I say sort of shuttering at the thought.

Mark raises a brow to me. “Why not?”

I purse my lips slightly agitated that I’m explaining a very private part of me. “It’s how Theo asked me out,” I say turning away from Mark as I head inside, I never particularly like talking about Theo period and yet, with Mark he’s come up and I’ve explained a lot of things about him.

“Your first boyfriend?” Mark asks very carefully.

I glance over my shoulder and nod my head. “Theo had been very suave and extremely attractive; he did the whole nine yards when asking me out. He hadn’t treated me especially different from any other girl. Said hello to me, waved if we happened to pass each other, but he did that with a ton of other girls and people in general too. Then one day he came to school with a bunch of flowers and asked me out on the spot, it’d been public and romantic, and I fell right for it.” I say as we walk into the kitchen, I pull out the vodka and shot glasses. “Do you have schedule tomorrow?”

“No, I don’t have one until next week.” Mark says simply accepting the shot glass I’ve poured. “What happened to the beer?”

“Theo came up, I do not want to be sober long enough to think about him.” I say simply as I down my own shot. “He comes up; I have to admit I’m not quite over what he’d done to me, while yeah he did open me up to whole different part of me, he did take another part of me and tossed it aside.” I say downing another shot after saying all that.

“I didn’t mean to open up old wounds.” Mark says taking the bottle and leading me back to the living room. “We drink to every question we want to skip.” He says after taking a second at the table. “We don’t want to talk about it just drink and it’ll be your turn.”

I watch Mark carefully as I sit across from him. “You knew I’ve been seeing someone, do you know who?” I ask curiously and slightly worried.

Mark nods his head, before I can ask he throws the shot back. “Did you love Nichkhun?”

I nod my head, part of my wonders if I still do. While Nichkhun has said it to me, I haven’t said it back. “Have you imagined who you want your first time to be with?” I ask a bit curiously wanting desperately to move off the subject of Nichkhun and me. Mark again throws the drink back; I frown not at all finding this to be as fun. “You’re just drinking.” I whine.

“You’re asking questions I don’t want to answer or talk about.” Mark says simply while smirking at me. “Were you in love with him?” Mark questions.

I pick the drink up and toss it back. I shake my head slightly. “Why do you keep asking about stuff like that?” I ask frowning not at all pleased with the questions.

“Because I want to see where you draw the line with us,” Mark answers simply. “What’s your biggest fear?”

“I’m not sure if you’d call it a fear, but I don’t ever want to be called a or publicly.” I say while staring at the table. “I’m not sure how I’d react or how to take it, but I know I’d hate it.” I say quietly. “Does it make me one if I worry about it?” I ask looking up while frowning.

Mark doesn’t hesitate at all with answering. “No,” He says firmly and absolutely. “I think it just means you worry about public perception of you.” Mark says simply. “No one thinks of you as one, at least no one that counts, and if they do they don’t count.” Mark says seriously while keeping eye contact with me. “Was that your question?”

I nod my head and smile feeling a bit relieved. “I’m really glad you said that, I worry about it sometimes.” I say quietly. “I suppose that really is my biggest fear.” I say chuckling, though it sounds hollow to my own ears. I drink two shots to help shake the idea out of my head, I enjoy the tingle and relaxing effect the alcohol has on me

 

The game goes on until Mark and I are a bit too drunk to really process anything. It’s my turn and for the last two turns Mark has answered yes or no, but drunk his shot to avoid explaining, which I’ve done for the last five. I smile at Mark feeling rather happy. We’ve moved to the same side of the table, easier to pour, I lean against him twisting the shot glass on the table. “Do you think I’m pretty?” I ask unable to really think of anything else.

“I think you’re beautiful.” Mark slurs in English, both of us having given up on speaking Korean a long time ago. “You’re beautiful Melanie.” He whispers quietly.

“Would you kiss me?” I question on blushing, though I can’t tell if it’s from the booze or the fact that Mark thinks I’m pretty, I’m pretty sure it’s the latter.

Instead of answering or drinking the shot Mark faces me, leaning down slightly he presses his lips to mine. The feeling is rather nice; I immediately return the drunken kiss. His lips are soft and the kiss is sweet. “Do you like kissing me?” Mark asks quietly, his lips hovering over my own.

I return the answer by resuming our kiss. I’m pulled into Mark, with him lying flat on the ground and his arms rubbing my bare skin I shudder slightly, a pleasurable feeling running through me. I pull away and motion for Mark to sit up; I sit on his lap straddling before moving back to kiss him. This I like much more. My hands run through his hair, I find the whole experience rather amazing. I like how Mark gently bites my lip then lets me respond in kind. Mark pulls away this time; lifting me up with ease he then rests me on the couch.

I watch above me as Mark looks down at me smiling. “You’re really beautiful.”

I smile at Mark, I wave for him to come closer, I pull Mark’s lips back and pull him between my legs, and I wrap them around him. “You’re really handsome Mark.” I mumble against his lips our breath mingling together. My heart is pounding in my chest; I’m excited and very intrigued by all this. Though at the back of my head is the nagging feeling that we should not. I press it away for a bit longer as Mark’s lips graze pass my cheek and to my neck. He kisses my collar bone rather skillfully and I roll my hips in retaliation.

After a moment we both look at each other, I’m positive he has the same nagging thoughts of not here, not now, and not like this. He presses his lips against mine again. “We’re drunk.” I mutter frowning when he pulls away again.

“I know,” He mutters a playful smirk dancing across his face and I find this look, this happy expression and teasing look on Mark to be attractive and tempting. “Just one more,” Mark says leaning back down, his nose brushing against mine slowly. “I like kissing you Melanie.”

“I like kissing you too Mark.” I mumble biting my lip in anticipation of this last kiss. Unable to hold back or wait I tilt my head just enough to kiss Mark, he responds back quickly. My hands explore his body, leaving his neck and tracing down to his chest, I find my way under his shirt and enjoy the smooth and muscled skin my fingertips dance up and down.

I let out moan as Mark’s hands run up my own shirt, wrapping around my bare skin he lifts us up so I’m straddling him again and bucks his hips when I roll into his own. Mark’s own moan makes me kiss him harder, it makes me want more.

When we pull away Mark his lips in a rather y way. I resist the urge to kiss him again; I get up from his lap and rest my head on his shoulder. I sit quietly as Mark gets up and heads to the bathroom, when he comes back I rest my head on his lap and fall asleep rather happily.


As promised some Mark and Melody c;
And back on track too!