Search for Common Ground

The Risk of Flying

I sit with Dayoung, both of us watching as Ilhoon performs as Ilsoon, which I find eerily creepy that he is so good at playing his alternative persona. “I was talking with Jinyoung the other day,” Dayoung says softly and a bit suddenly, chuckling as Ilsoon winks over in her direction.

“Is this about Mark and me?” I question unfazed by now; everyone has brought up Mark and I not liking each other to me, and I’m sure they’ve done the same to Mark. “I can’t understand why everyone is so caught up in it.” I say while shaking my head.

“Well it’s just; Jinyoung thought you and Mark would have gotten along better than you get along with Jackson.” Dayoung says curiously, she sends me a look. “I didn’t really get it until I saw Mark with Jackson; Mark is a lot of fun.” She says encouragingly.

I let out a long sigh, “Well he isn’t a bag full of joy when I’m around.” I answer my friend casually. “Besides so long as we aren’t forced to talk there really isn’t a real problem.” I say denying the whole issue entirely. I’ve started doing that recently, just acting like I don’t know Mark, if I don’t know him then I can’t fight with him.

“I don’t think that works so well for him,” Dayoung says letting out a sigh. “Besides what happens on the off chance that you two do get left alone? Are you going to go run so-and-so?” Dayoung questions me, sending me a knowing look. “I know there is a story there.”

“And not one to be told in this setting,” I counter ignoring Dayoung’s excited looks. “Does it worry you that Ilsoon and Daniel is a bigger item to the public than Dayhoon?” I ask curiously.

“No, and I see that you changed the subject.” She says with a rather pleased smirk. “Look, I’m just saying that you both should find some common ground, your circle of friends happens to overlap quite a bit.”

I nod my head slowly, hating that Dayoung is absolutely correct. Mark and I share a rather intimate group of friends that spends far too much downtime for us not to get along. “I’m going to go find Julia.” I say watching as Ilsoon’s appearance comes to an end. “Fighting,” I mutter to her with a rather happy grin.

“Shut up,” Dayoung mutters blushing while swatting her hand at me to go; Ilhoon catches my eye and smirks while shaking his head. I think even Junhyung ships these two. Dayoung and Ilhoon are absolutely my favorite couple ever. Well the only one I really know about, so I guess they’re my favorite and only couple?

I find Julia chatting with G-Dragon Sunbae casually, giggling at whatever they’re discussing. “Ah, your lovely friend,” He says noticing me first.

“Oh gosh Melody, come here,” Julia says brightly. “You have to meet Jiyong.” She says while waving me over excitedly. I walk over happily, bowing as I approach appropriate distance. “Jiyong, this is Melody, one of the two reasons I left.” The other being Junhyung and his mentorship. Julia rather happily left YG Entertainment after Junhyung struck a deal booking the two of us together. 

“It’s nice to meet you Sunbae,” I interject politely, Jiyong smirks at me. “Something amusing?” I ask curiously.

Jiyong shakes his head and smiles. “No, just I can see why Julia left, you’re likeable.” He states pleasantly. “I’ve seen some of your stages, keep up the good work. The guys and I are big fans already.” He says proudly, patting Julia’s shoulder then sending me a smile. “Melody-sshi, make sure she has some fun.”

“I’m sure you know how hard that can be.” I joke sending a playful smile to both of them, Julia gasps in mock shock. “Unnie, we both know that you can use someone to encourage you to let your gorgeous locks down.” I say winking at her.

“Oh I definitely like you Melody-sshi.” Jiyong says ginning, he sends an annoyed look when his phone buzzes on the table. “That would be my cue to leave. It was nice meeting you Melody and good to see you again Julia.” He says before answering his phone.

I then turn to Julia and give her my signature ‘get-some’ face. “Oh god, no.” She says giggling.

“If you won’t,” I tease jokingly heading after the rather hunky leader of Big freaking Bang, I giggle when Julia grabs my arm, her giggle echoing my own. “I can’t have the rather beautiful man either?” I joke.

“No, no you can’t, because he would totally find you far too fascinating.” Julia says in my ear, her laugh making me smile even more. “You are way to alluring for your own good. I think I should lock you up in a tower.”

“I could totally grow my hair out.” I counter back rather pleasantly, one of our favored discussions, one of us being the princess and the other hiding the princess from the world. Julia and I both spent ample time in America, we have both dated, myself a bit more than she had (okay, admittedly a lot more than she did, but I digress). Julia doesn’t view me as the rather popular term thrown at my person: a . Julia sees me a as a person who has varied interests, most of them being music, dancing or the opposite , oh and of course fairy tale.

“No, I’d give you regular haircuts.” Julia argues. “There will be none of this you’re suddenly with child stuff.” She says in English, our usual way of joking without having to worry too much.

“But, no one will want me if I don’t have the long hair, how else will people get up into my tower? I want to have parties.” I demand childishly as we take seats on the couch.

“You’re both really weird.” Jackson says coming in, Mark and Jinyoung following. “And what tower exactly are you in and why is your hair the only option of access?”

“Because Melody is far too social with people, she’s mine.” Julia says rather happily as she pulls her phone out. “Dayoung and Ilhoon are on their way to meet us here,” She says before pocketing her phone again.

“It’s the princess thing,” Mark mutters to Jackson, who finally nods his head understanding the game Julia and I play. “What about Cheonmi?” Mark asks us, well more likely Julia, who simply shrugs her shoulders.

“Cheonmi has a prior engagement, which she was pretty tight lipped about when she told me to relay said message.” I tell him calmly. “Though she did say to tell you ‘Hello’ and something about a talk you guys had about odds or something, I couldn’t quite get it over the phone.” I say apologetically.

Mark however seems to have understood the message as he nods his head. “Your Korean has gotten a lot better.” He states simply, nodding at me in what I’m going to assume is thanks. I opt not to comment on my lingual skills, as I have far more pressing things to decide on, though they must wait until we don’t have a full audience.

As Ilhoon and Dayoung show up, we all get up to leave, following each other down the hall, the seven of us trying to appear as natural good people, who are not up to anything shifty such as sneaking out and away from a rather nosy older brother and mentor.

“What brought up you being locked up in a tower?” Jackson asks as Julia jokes around with Jinyoung and Mark.

I roll my eyes at his insistence. “You won’t drop it will you?” I ask in mock annoyance, when Jackson confirms this I let out a sigh. “I joked about Julia and me flirting with G Dragon.” I whisper smirking at the rather delightful thought. I find the man to be rather talented and attractive.

“That’s your type?” Jackson asks while frowning. “Rather impossible for mere mortal men to attempt.” He says with a smirk.

“Ha-ha,” I reply sarcastically. “And I don’t have a type.” I argue. I’ve dated a variety of guys, before and after my discovery of the Korean music industry and all that it entails, mingles with, touches and even thinks about. Jackson doesn’t reply, but simply rolls his eyes at me.

“Where are you seven off too?” Upon hearing the rather curious voice, not too happy curious, but curious nonetheless, asks. “I know four of you are supposed to be busy getting ready for various come backs.” Junhyung says in an unamused tone. “And for the other there I’m pretty sure I’ve heard rumors about a comeback.”

“In America we’d yell ‘Run’ and then bolt.” I mutter to Jackson, who nods his head. “We’re just going out for a bite to eat, and then heading back to our respective dorms.” I answer.

“Be sure to check in when you get to the restaurant.” Doojoon says as he throws and arm around Junhyung’s shoulder. “Nice seeing you Melody.” He says waving to me.

“You too Oppa,” I say waving to him appreciatively, though I suspect I have a lecture and or talk coming from him.

~~~

 

“Melody isn’t paying, she’s the only reason Doojoon decided to handle Junhyung.” Dayoung says giggling from her seat. The other six rather relieved after we check in with our own managers and such. “Oppa would have strung the four of us up.” She says while shaking her head in a forlorn sort of way.

I send Dayoung a warning look. “I’m getting it tomorrow, is what you really mean.” I say while setting out a laugh. “So let’s not punish me by paying for my food?” Julia, Ilhoon and Dayoung all nod rather pleased by this.

In the private room we’ve taken up to book at various times, we enjoy our time to relax and enjoy. Though I’m feeling less celebratory at the thought of tomorrow, “It won’t be anything serious I’m sure.” Julia says while handing me a beer.

“I hope so,” I mutter. I have feeling it’s about the last time Junhyung and I spent time alone, something I’ve neglected to tell Julia. I get along well with Junhyung, but apparently, according to Doojoon, it’s afterwards that I don’t see with Junhyung, the after effects of being around me as it would seem.

Julia in turn gets distracted by Jinyoung and some joke he starts telling with Jackson.

“Hey,” Mark says, which catches me off guard, I glance at him then around me noting that the guy who hasn’t really directly spoken to me since the sneaky lunch Julia, Jackson, Jinyoung and Dayoung all set up a month ago.

“Hi,” I say slowly trying to figure out how to hold a conversation with this guy, after all I rather not fight after I narrowly avoided Junhyung’s wrath, and that’s only for the night.

Mark lets out a small sigh. “What did Dayoung mean when she said Doojoon only stopped Junhyung because of you? I thought Dayoung was really close with all of Beast.”

“She is,” I answer slowly trying to figure out how to say something without giving away my first relationship with Junhyung, the not professional one. “Julia and I work a lot with Junhyung so, his concern is a bit more professional than his worry about Dayoung and Ilhoon.” I say glancing at said couple who is giggling off in their own world.

“Ah, well I can definitely see why he’d worry.” Mark says chuckling slightly. “Have they been dating long?”

I smile at the thought. “The only two that really know when they started dating are them,” I say gesturing to Dayoung and Ilhoon. “But we’ve all sort of suspected since around November the year before last.” I say smiling.

“No wonder he went postal-big-brother.” Mark says while chuckling. I like his laugh, I like that we were able to hold a normal conversation without fighting about anything at all. “Does everyone gush over them over at Cube?”

“We’re the official Dayhoon fan club central.” I answer back smiling at Mark. “Everyone is on the ship, even Junhyung, even if he tries to deny it sometimes.” I say chuckling, thinking about Junhyung’s insistence that he is not on the ship.

Mark laughs again and I find myself forgetting that I don’t like Mark at all. “Something the matter?” Mark asks looking at me indifferently.

I shake my head. “No, just got lost in thought.” I say slowly sending a small reassuring smile. I glance back at my beer and drink some of it. I cannot afford to like Mark, I am not into lost causes for relationships, and I don’t like never-will-bes. That is not something I care to think about. “I’m gonna go get some more beef.” I say getting up abruptly with my plate. I leave Mark in his seat as I get up and go around the table to where the food is.

Julia looks at me curiously as I put food on my plate. Walking over to me she gets some for her own plate. “Are you ok?” She whispers. “You have this really weird look.”

“At the dorm,” I mutter not at all pleased with my thoughts just a few moments earlier, Julia obliges and sits with Mark and me. We carry on awkward conversation, which I’m not entirely sure I dislike or like. 



Some nice-nice stuff with Mark and Melody.
Plus some G-Dragon. > u>
ALSO,
Got a job. > u>
I start next week so wish me some good vibes.
^^