Surprise Visits and Surprise Offers

The Risk of Flying

I glance to Mark worriedly as we walk side by side. “We’re different since the party.” I say quietly and nervously. Since Mark has distanced himself from me. Mark glances at me and sends me his usual indifferent expression reserved for when we’re in public, like for instance at a music stage, like we are right now. This expression was also the one he used with me when we didn’t get along.

“It’s nothing,” Mark says quietly before giving me a small smile. “Just thinking through some stuff is all.” He answers seriously.

I nod my head slowly, though it’s only been a few days that we’ve been like this, him barely acknowledging me, short replies to texts, dodging plans for us hanging out, I don’t like it. “Alright, well I’ll see you around, I’m gonna head to my stage.” I mumble a bit discouraged. It’s weird; I’ve found myself to be attached to this idiot.

“Hey,” Mark says calling after me. I glance at him curiously, mostly because after the last few days this is unusual. “It really isn’t you, I’ve just been thinking about something Jinyoung and I talked about.” He says; his tone comforts me enough to nod my head, smile and continue on towards the stage.

~~~

“Oh Minho,” Julia says with an amused look on her face. “What brings you here?” She asks a guy standing in our dressing room. I find this odd as I usually recognize people who visit, but then again, I am a bit preoccupied by a certain friend lately.

Said guy chuckles, “Thought I’d congratulate you,” He says happily. “Plus I haven’t seen you in a while; G-Dragon-Sunbae says he saw you a few weeks ago.” Said boy says while pouting.

“We only happened to bump into each other,” Julia says airily. “But it is good to see you. Melody, this is Minho, from Winner.” She says introducing us as I walk around her to my phone.

Minho grins at me. “It’s very nice to meet you.”

Julia smirks as she takes a seat on the couch in the dressing room. “There is this saying in English, ‘Too much car for you.’ Are you familiar with it?” She asks him teasingly. “Melody would go through you faster than you could blink.” She says elaborating on the expression.

“I’m not sure if you’re insulting me or him.” I say smirking to my friend. “But it is nice to meet you; Jules rarely introduces me to anyone.”

Minho chuckles lightly. “Probably both of us knowing Julia,” He says while shaking his head slightly. “Sunbae spoke pretty highly of you too. Anyways I better get going before Jinwoo gets bored and decides to wander off.” Minho says glancing at the clock on the wall before hopping up, bowing to me and then giving Julia a hug. “Call us at least.” He says while waving and walking out the door.

“You’re really terrible about keeping in touch.” I tell her simply with a playful smirk on my face. “Anyways, seeing as our last schedule for the day is a meeting with Junhyung, I’d like to get that done with, and then go home and nap.” I say while stretching. It’s been a very long week and I’d very much so like to end it with a nap and a nice relaxing bath.

Julia nods her head in agreement. “Napping and food sound really good right now.” She says while rolling her shoulders. Walking over to the door we close it, changing quickly, and then leaving. By now we’ve gotten used to seeing our sunbaes, bowing to them respectively, running into friends, people who we idolize, or even people we really couldn’t care less for. Walking down the halls always seems chaotic, people filming shows, running to get to a stage, to do a quick costume change, hair and clothes being for appearances, or like Julia and me, people leaving.

“I forget how crazy it gets.” Julia says while shaking her head. “I shouldn’t, but I do.” She admits as we get in the company car to be driven back to Cube for a quick evaluation from Junhyung before we head home.

The car ride there I take advantage of and get some sleep, the last couple days have been jam packed with Julia and I doing shows, music performances, radio shows, guest appearances, photo shoots, all to promote our new album.

“Come on, before you get into your deep-how-dare-you-wake-me-sleep.” Julia says nudging me, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the car with her after what only feels like a few minutes of sleep. “I do envy your ability to sleep just about anywhere.” She says chuckling lightly as I follow behind her while still holding her hand.

Once inside Julia leads us to wherever Junhyung has decided to have this meeting. Once inside the room I’m wide awake and ready to listen to whatever our mentor has to say.

“Hey girls,” Junhyung says looking up from his lyric sheet, setting his pen down he nods for us to take a seat. “Your album is doing really well.” He comments while running a hand through his hair, he looks well rested, happy today. “I’ve talked it over with the rest of Beast, and they think it’d be a great idea if you guys do a collaboration with us or maybe just one member for our next album.” I feel my jaw drop from the surprise. “It’s good to know I can still surprise you Melody.” Junhyung teases.

“Are you sure?” Julia asks sounding just as a shocked as I am. Junhyung simply nods his head with an amused smile plastered on his face.

Julia gives me this hopeful look, like this is what I want to, and I’d have to be crazy to pass this up. “When do we start?” I ask excitedly, the drain from working on promotions all week completely gone. Junhyung chuckles, I like him looking happy and well rested. “We’re definitely up for this.” I say excitedly.

Junhyung nods his head and tilts it slightly as he considers something. “Well the songs that I have in mind for each of you are technically written,” Junhyung says motioning to his note pad.

Julia cuts him off, her face portraying complete shock. “We’re more than happy to sing anything you’ve written.” She says excitedly.

I smile at my friend and then at Junhyung. “Whatever you need,” I tell him simply.

Junhyung gives us this relieved look, passing us two sheets of paper with the lyrics and music on it, “You can take it home tonight and look them over, get a feel for them, and if you like them we can start recoding next week, probably around Wednesday.” He explains happily. “But first thing is first, you both look like you’ve had a long week. Get some rest, we can talk more later.” Junhyung says getting up and ushering us out the door.

I follow behind Julia excitedly as I look over the two songs, Junhyung having written each of our names for the song we’re to sing on. “They’re both really amazing.” I murmur. Junhyung’s songs have always been amazing, and these definitely are not an exception to this.

“Let’s get some sleep; we can look them over tomorrow.” She says while fighting a yawn. I nod my head as I tug the music away into Julia’s bag.

~~~

Back at the dorm Julia pulls the music out and sets it on the kitchen table. “You’ve been pretty quiet, you know that?” Julia says worriedly. “And I mean from before the Halloween party, I wasn’t going to say anything, but Cheonmi and Dayoung mentioned it to me yesterday.”

“Just been thinking.” I tell my best friend simply. “About a lot of different stuff, but I’m fine.” I tell her grinning rather happily.

“You’re way too excited about Junhyung asking us to be on the album.” Julia says, biting her lip afterwards.

“You too, it’s pretty big to be honest.” I say while sighing happily. “Plus he looks really good, like he’s been getting enough sleep, eating right, not over working himself.” I say relieved.

“I heard Nichkhun is seeing someone else too.” Julia says cautiously. “Someone he’s been friends with for a while, at least if you believe little whispers.” My friend says while shrugging her shoulders.

I nod my head, fully aware of them, “Part of me hopes he is.” I say finally. “Nichkhun deserves to be happy.”

Julia nods he head as we take a seat on our couch. “And how is my Markly ship?” Julia asks in a rather serious tone. I send her an exasperated kind of look. “Look, I think you’re overlooking the idea that Mark actually likes you.”

“And I think you’re overlooking the idea he probably doesn’t.” I counter back. “Anyways the whole idea is moot since I don’t want to be in a relationship.” I say getting up and heading towards the bathroom. “Now excuse me while I take a very much needed bath.” I call over my shoulder.


Short update
Enjoy~!