chapter nine

Powerless Wonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

To Minseok, it was refreshing and fun to watch Luhan play soccer with the younger boys.

But he couldn't deny his want to join them, laugh with them. Not that he wasn't aware of Luhan's eyes that were searching for his once in a while. Minseok remembered being forgotten but Luhan made him feel important - his eyes needed to make sure Minseok was still there and watching. Though, Minseok thought to himself while watching Luhan score a goal, it was Luhan's duty, too. Minseok shouldn't think too much into it. 

Minseok realised too late that a wide grinning Luhan with arms spread wide was running to him,"Minseok, I scored!" With that Luhan landed on top of Minseok, arms around his neck. Minseok on the other hand, had his eyes wide blinking in confusion, not even knowing whether to hug back or not. So he tried sitting up again, not quite making it since Luhan didn't seem to let go any time soon, he only managed to use his arms so support himself from falling back again. 

Luhan's warm breath had tickled his ear before his happy expression was in Minseok's sight. "Minseok, I won.", he whispered, almost breathless from the game, gazing into the eyes in front of him.

Minseok's cheeks were redder than Luhan's and Minseok knew Luhan's were red because of the 1 hour soccer game and his own were red because of the close proximity between them. And, Minseok noted then, his racing heart wouldn't mean any good. He forgot how long he had been staring into Luhan's brown orbs as one of the boys' voices took him out of his thoughts,"Hyung, I believe you now. He's really good. You can have my ball if you want." 

Minseok gave Luhan a small awkward smile and pushed him gently but quickly off to the side, looking at the boy,"I think this was enough entertainment for today. Thank you for the good game." The boy grinned then, his cheeks rosy,"Oh, okay, hyung! If you're here again, let's play all together!" With that the group of boys took their leave with subtle waves towards the two elders.


As soon as the group was out of their sight, Minseok turned to a smirking Luhan who looked back in an unexplainable manner - or maybe that was just Minseok's innocence. Minseok's cheeks immediately grew red again, remembering the closeness from a minute ago, and he turned his head away,"Y-You played well." 

From the corner of his eyes he saw Luhan smirk turn into a warm smile and that was enough to make his nervousness go away, yet it didn't calm his heart at all. 

Before Luhan could give any reply though, a nearby melody took both their attention. "Mom, I want ice cream!", a kid tugged his mother to the truck by the park's entrance, visible from here. 

Minseok smiled shyly at Luhan. Luhan did not forget his words and stood up with a sigh,"Stay here, I go and buy us ice cream. What flavour would you like to have?" Minseok looked up to him with round eyes,"Blueberry." Luhan nodded and made his way to the ice cream truck, leaving Minseok watching him go.

And when Minseok finally thought Luhan was away far enough, he placed a hand on his chest. "Don't," he mumbled with a frown, looking down, as if his heart would listen to his complaint. He gave off a frustrated sigh and looked up to the sky. He touched his forehead with his cold hands and wondered why, why the hell, did he get one of his headaches at such a time again. Being honest with himself, the headache probably started half an hour ago and he had ignored it in hopes it wouldn't become worse. 

Even now he had to bite his lip, for not to make any sound. He looked over to the ice cream truck, making sure Luhan didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter