chapter eleven

Powerless Wonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I'm going home tomorrow," Minseok said casually, catching Luhan completely off guard.

"W-What? Home?" Luhan repeated,"You mean... with your family?" For some reason it made him nervous. He didn't try to hide that,"Is it going to be okay? I mean from what I've seen..." he trailed off here.

Minseok nonchalantly nodded his head, his eyes focused on the book in his hands,"It's okay, not much different from here. My room at home is white but it has lots of posters on it. I mean, at least that's how I remember it." He recalled old times - alone in his room at night, unable to sleep and sitting on his bed - where he would just stare at the posters of big adventurers, superheroes and drawings of fictional people.

"Oh," Luhan nodded his head, still not quite convinced that it's okay (whatever that means anyway). He studied Minseok's posture. Looking for any signs of lies or uneasiness. He did not come up with anything - of course - it was hard to read Minseok.

"Can I come visit you there, too?" Luhan smiled then, leaning closer on his chair. Minseok hummed only, signalling a yes. 


Luhan frowned after a while of silence and thinking,"By the way... why are you visiting home suddenly? And for how long?"

Minseok looked up (not at Luhan though), titled his head,"I don't know why I'm suddenly allowed to go home, but I have an idea why. And I think it'll be for a while. No one said for how long."

"Are you happy about going home?" Luhan questioned warmly, ignoring the ideas he himself got thinking about the sudden news.

Minseok's lips formed a half smile,"I'd like to stay neutral on that," he gives Luhan a look with a raised brow,"The doctors requested me to go home actually, didn't they tell you?"

Luhan blinked, doing his best not to frown because they should have told him (not only because he considers himself a close friend of Minseok but also because he was the assigned intern). "Ah," he nodded his head,"They must have mentioned it at some point! I just didn't remember."

Minseok shrugged his shoulders and averted his eyes, that seemed like he actually had some energy today,"The doctors have been acting weird lately--" he coughed, then cleared his throat (there went Luhan's thought of Minseok feeling better),"I'm feeling suspicious of them, especially Doctor Jeong." He frowned to himself.

Luhan scratched his nose, thinking. An awful thought making way into his mind and he immediately shook it off,"M-Minseok, maybe something big is coming up? Is your birthday soon?" Luhan had never asked about Minseok's birthday till now, the chance just hadn't been there.

"Oh, I don't think so," Minseok raised his brows at the intern,"Nothing special happened on any of my birthdays, so why would it this time? It's August, my birthday already passed by."

"I've known your for about 4 months yet I still don't know when your birthday is, Minseok." Luhan chuckled, looking at his friend with expectation. 

"I don't know yours either." Minseok deadpanned. 

"April 20th." Luhan sighed playfully

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter