chapter three

Powerless Wonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After the nurse had stopped the wheelchair by Minseok's bed, Minseok made himself comfortable on the bed again. He gave the nurse a nod to the windows and she closed the curtains - even thought it was morning - and left.

The health inspection had been, as expected, not very promising. 

Minseok watched the white door close. And when it was shut, Minseok tried to control himself.

"Don't cry, don't cry," Minseok whispered to himself, but his voice cracked and he let loose. He let the tears fall and his angry gaze met the white wall on the other side of the room. His hands gripped the blanket as tight as he could and he bit his lip. He felt so weak. He hated it. He let his head fall on the pillow behind him and put his cold hands over his eyes. What is there to cry, he asked himself in his mind.



Hours later, Minseok heard the door slowly open, making him turn his back to the door. He must've fallen asleep. 

"Who is it?" his voice came out, indifferently, like it was normally. Cold. Uninterested. 

The person didn't switch on the lights, Minseok noted. But it was never that dark in the room anyway, the curtains weren't thick enough.

"Minseok? Did I disturb your sleep?" Minseok heard Luhan's voice just behind him. Luhan had to be standing right next to the bed, right behind him. Minseok sighed quietly,"Yes."

"Oh..." Luhan's voice went softer,"Sorry... the nurse told me that your health inspection was today and I wanted to check up on you."

Minseok didn't say anything. Luhan hadn't come the last days. Though, Minseok had actually waited for him - he tried to stay awake as long as he could all the time. He, himself, didn't know why he had waited for the intern.

Minseok lifted himself up from the bed to a sitting position. He turned to Luhan. His cold eyes gazed into the doe eyes in front of him. Luhan stayed silent, didn't say anything, stared back. 

Luhan broke the silence with a question that lingered in his mind since he had spoken to a nurse, before coming here,"I'm a bit late but the health insp--" Minseok weakly held up a hand and broke the eye contact,"Don't."

Luhan watched Minseok lay back down. It seemed like Minseok ended the conversation with that, so Luhan took a chair from the table next to the window and sat down next to Minseok's bed.

"I'll be here now..." Luhan whispered and rested his arms on the bed. 

What Minseok didn't know was that it was in the middle of the night. 



The first thing, Minseok saw the next morning when he opened his eyes, was something fluffy, reddish-brown. It smelled like apples, Minseok noticed. The fluffy things stirs and Luhan's sleepy eyes look back into Minseok's wide ones. Too close for Minseok's liking.

Minseok backed away and sat up in shock - his voice still very quiet,"Luhan!" And as if Luhan had expected it, he smiled warmly at Minseok,"Finally you said my name."

Minseok frowned a little and titled his head in question at the intern. Luhan did not understand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter