chapter six

Powerless Wonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Minseok knew death. He had seen it on TV, read about it in books, on the Internet and of course, seen it in real life. He died many deaths, he thought, that weren't even his. It was obvious that he didn't have much to lose. He had nothing. Minseok knew he wasn't living. He stopped living a long time ago. He felt like he was only existing. 

Most of the people in his life - whether friends, old classmates or family members - they all had lived. They were still living. They were meeting people, pursuing their dreams and falling in love with someone who loves them back. They were living. He was dying. Literally.

Minseok didn't know how that stuff worked anyway. He was friendly, though noticeably cold and distant. People often said he didn't know about love or feelings in general. That his heart didn't know of any dismay and pain - that's why he was so careless.

What no one ever knew though, was that Minseok did know. He knew more than any of them.

 

"Have you ever fallen in love?" Luhan asked with big eyes one night. Minseok couldn't sleep because the new temporary machine next to him kept on beeping, so Luhan stayed awake, too. 

Minseok almost wanted to snort,"Getting emotional?"

"Well, it's night. We have nothing better to talk about, right?" Luhan laughed and sat up in his chair, biting his lip in expectation. Minseok raised an amused brow, tiredly asking a question back,"What is your definition of love?"

Beep. Luhan jokingly punched the beeping machine, then looked at Minseok, giving him a grin,"Hm, for me, love is... hm... I can't really describe it. Love is when that person gets your heart all warm and fuzzy?"

"Why are you asking me?" Minseok shook his head at the doe eyed guy,"Have you?"

"Have I what?"

Beep.

"Fallen in love?"

"You're talking a lot today, aren't you?"

Minseok smiled at the way Luhan dodged the question. So it was a yes. "Is it, or was it, going good?" he asked then. Luhan shrugged, burying his head in his arms for a sheepish second,"Maybe." Minseok raised his brows,"May I help you? Tell that person you take care of people like me and bam, you're going to get laid."

"Hey," Luhan frowned,"You don't talk much but now, it's inappropriate." Minseok shrugged his shoulders, a slight smirk on his lips as he looked at the white wall on the other side of them room. 

Beep. Luhan's eyes didn't break off Minseok's face and that made him feel uncomfortable. "What?" Minseok mumbled, laying his head back on the pillow and avoiding eye contact with the doe eyed man. Luhan only shrugged with that smile on his lips,"But you still didn't tell me if you have ever fallen in love, Minseok."

Minseok gave a shrug and Luhan sighed,"And now you stop talking?" 

Beep. Turning his back on Luhan, Minseok sighed softly.

Beep.

Beep.

"Gosh, this machine doesn't even have rhythm!" he heard Luhan hiss quietly,"What is this good for!" It really wasn't a question, so out of amusement, Minseok turned back to Luhan, lookin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter