chapter four

Powerless Wonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minseok began to feel sorry for Luhan. 

Luhan didn't ask about his family or whatever else he was curious about - Minseok had seen the curiosity in his eyes.

Other than that, Luhan was here everyday - he barely left. And when he left, it would be only for about two hours, because Luhan needed clothes and all that. Minseok didn't know why he wasn't bothered by Luhan's presence - and why Luhan wasn't bothered by Minseok's. 

Luhan spent the nights here, too. In the mornings, Luhan's fluffy reddish-brown hair would be the first thing Minseok saw - even though Minseok told him to use the mattress (he called for one, especially for Luhan, that guy just didn't want to leave). Luhan would ignore Minseok's frown and just say his good mornings - with his warm smile, of course.

Minseok still didn't talk much though - most of the time he was silently frowning at Luhan.

 

"Wow, you have a lot of books!" Luhan looked at the books, he got out of Minseok's drawers, in awe. Minseok gave him a nod without looking up. He was reading at the moment, too. Luhan on the other hand decided to look around Minseok's books, because every second day Minseok had a new one in his hands and Luhan wondered what was so good about them, that Minseok wouldn't pay attention to him instead.

"Which one is your favourite, Minseok?" Luhan asked, counting the books now. Minseok looked up, after he had put the bookmark on the page he stopped reading and put the book away. "My... favourite?" he repeated quietly. He tried not to show his excitement, but even so, when Luhan looked up, he saw how happy that question made Minseok. Luhan nodded, biting his lip. Was Minseok going to talk? 

Minseok held out his hands. Luhan's smile dropped and he frowned in confusion,"What?" He looked at the books in his hands,"These?" Minseok nodded, pressing his lips into a firm line. Luhan wondered if it was because he wanted to hide a smile.

Luhan gave Minseok the books Minseok pointed at. Then he sat down next to Minseok on the bed.

"This," Minseok pointed at the Trilogy, he put on Luhan's lap,"Amazing." Luhan smiled, not because Minseok sounded like a child in a Zoo seeing his favourite animal. But because Minseok had this glint in his eyes, practically showing how much he loved those books and - wait.

"Awesome characters..." Minseok mumbled, still looking at the books on Luhan's lap,"I wish I could be like them." And wow, Luhan thought, Minseok was smiling right now and he said a whole sentence, not just single words like before.

"Woah..." Luhan whispered, looking straight at Minseok. 

Minseok on the other hand, didn't seem to notice. His voice was weak but he didn't stop talking,"I want to be strong like them and see the world like them..." Minseok's voice trailed off here. Luhan didn't take his eyes off Minseok at all. So, he noticed, how the happiness in Minseok's eyes had dissapeared by the end of the sentence. Even the smile - this was the first time Luhan had seen Minseok's smile not being out of politeness - vanished.

Minseok felt like he said something wrong. No, Minseok shouldn't have talked at all. He wasn't strong like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter