chapter twenty one

Powerless Wonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


It was easy for the nurses to describe Oh Sehun; stoic expression most of the time but a sweetheart, friendly, fun and an admirer of Kim Minseok. Other than that he had a sickness sure to make him die early and painfully, that is. 

And since Oh Sehun was such an admirer of Kim Minseok (who luckily had his room only a few doors away from his) he would go out into the corridor sometimes, only to get a small glimps of the person that inspired him to continue fighting. Hearing so much about the cold hearted Minseok, he had never been able to believe it until he had met the older boy himself. He did not think of the other as cold hearted at all.

For Oh Sehun it was love at first sight, but that didn't change the fact that the two barely talked. They had met on Sehun's first day in the hospital (Minseok roamed around the hospital a lot and looked like a normal person), Sehun was waiting for his papers and Minseok sat next to him - Minseok cheered him up and they talked about a lot in 30 minutes, that was the longest talk  Oh Sehun had ever had with Kim Minseok. The second longest time they talked was when Sehun broke up with his (now ex-)girlfriend, and again in his hardest time Minseok was there. He may not got to talk to him a lot in between, but he was thankful to have met him at all.

Sometimes he also got jealous of that attractive intern that went into Room 201 and rarely came out again. But when he did come out, the stupid smile on the intern's red face only told Sehun that he wasn't the only one in love. 

Sehun did not mind though. Every day he made deals with himself, to talk more to Minseok and make friends with him. But the boy was too shy and barely got out a 'hello' near the other. But he also knew that the intern had caught Minseok's heart already.

So he kept it at quiet greetings and small glimpses.


 

He is definitely in love with Luhan, Minseok told himself that every day anew, and Luhan loved him back.

Sometimes when Luhan was standing beside the small table, looking out the window, Minseok found himself watching the intern. Wondering how a person like Luhan stumbled into the life of someone like Minseok. 

Sometimes when Luhan stood there and the sun shone through the cold autumn weather, Minseok could have sworn he saw wings attached to the intern's back. Of course, that wasn't possible, Minseok knew that. But he never denied to himself, that sometimes he really thought Luhan was like an angel (for him that is).


But autumn was over and it's winter now, even though snow wasn't falling yet. Minseok didn't quite know how he could feel so much for someone, and that someone actually felt so much back. 

Luhan stood by the window, talking to a nurse. Wearing a christmasy red sweater, light blue jeans and sneakers, Luhan still looked professional. Cute, Minseok thought, but professional. Luhan's face was serious, frowning from time to time even, and his arms crossed, while the nurse talked to him. Minseok felt kind of proud to be able to call someone like Luhan his. Wait, were they even together? They never made anything official. Confusing. Minseok frowned to himself. 

Luhan caught Minseok's eyes. A heavy blush spread on Minseok's cheeks, embarrassed of his staring but Luhan only chuckled before returning to the conversation with the nurse, smile not fading. Minseok looked down shyly.

They did not need to make anything 'official'. That's how they knew - their gazes, their smiles, their laughs, their tears... everything. Anyone could see those two were part of each other. They were perfect for each other.

Minseok still felt uneasy sometimes, about a lot of things. He wanted to survive now. But if he did survive would Luhan stay with him? He didn't know but hoped for the best. To survive and to be together with Luhan, as long as possible. He had never thought he would feel like this, ever. He kept to reading books and watching movies, because his life did not have much to offer. Then Luhan came and he still could not quite believe it all.

 

Luhan had this thing about himself that he rarely fell in love but when he did, oh heavens, it would be a damn free fall.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter