chapter eight

Powerless Wonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minseok stood on green grass.

He was clothed in a classy black suit and red tie, with to the outfit fitting shoes. But he didn't know why he was wearing something so formal, and why he was here in the first place. He wasn't allowed to leave the hospital grounds. 

He saw other people, also dressed in black formal clothing, forming a half circle around something he couldn't see. The atmosphere was cold, like the wind blowing through Minseok's dark hair. 

"We're all here together today," a familiar voice said,"to say our last goodbyes as family, friends and more..." Minseok stopped listening, frowned and went closer to the group of people dressed in black. While walking closer, he only now noticed, the different kinds of tombstones around the whole area. Different names, years, ages and forms. His eyes glanced over them, his steps falling slower.

The other people didn't seem to notice him as he made his way to the front. Some were crying, whether in silence, almost hysterically or weren't t cry at all. Minseok didn't seem to feel any pity though. 

From the beginning he had an idea of where he was and now that he was standing there, by that one tombstone everything was about, he couldn't help but just blankly stare at it. Pitiful.

"Does anyone want to say some last words?" the speaker asked, looking at the people's faces, overlooking Minseok's. 

Minseok looked around, now paying attention to the individuals - he knew almost all of them. He saw his mother on the right and though she was crying, Minseok didn't budge. He continued to look around, waiting for someone - anyone - to say any last words. He felt almost desperate. No one should die like this - all alone with no one caring, all faking.

Minseok opened his mouth - no voice coming out. Confusion washed over him and he touched his lips. 

Someone stepped forward - reddish-brown hair and brown doe-like eyes that weren't so warm anymore. He laid down two roses, but Minseok's vision turned black and white, too late to recognise colours. Minseok took a step backwards, shaking his head. He heard the other person sigh and stand up.

But Minseok couldn't take his gaze off the flowers, and the name on the tombstone, he only now dared to look at. It wasn't even that much of a shock though. Minseok just stood there while everyone was leaving in silence, till there were only two people left. Himself and Luhan.

Luhan let his gaze linger a little longer on the tombstone's carved letters. Soon he left, too. Of course, Minseok didn't follow but sat down in front of this grave. His very own. He really didn't know what to feel and how to react. He should be crying, no?

Then he heard it, someone calling his name in the distance,"Minseok!" He looked around and saw no one, so focused his attention back to the grave in front of him. 

"Kim Minseok!"

"201!"

And he jolted awake.

"Oh Kim Minseok... usually you're a very light sleeper. Is something wrong?" his wide eyes met the doctor's,"You're late for your breakfast, Luhan is already seated at the table." Minseok frowned at Doctor Jeong in confusion - not that she noticed.

"I was here to check up on your medicine", she explained, noting something down on her clipboard,"I think we're going to change--" Minseok gave her a disapproving look. "--going to change Pill 03." She corrected herself with an amused grin, taking the said pill container out the nightstand. She, too, knew of him not liking to hear the rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter