chapter nineteen

Powerless Wonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Luhan had exams to take this week in his university. 

Minseok smiled softly,"Good Luck, Lu. You'll do well."

"That's it?" Luhan chuckled and stepped closer to the bed, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

But Minseok only frowned,"Yeah... I guess."

Luhan smiled warmly, quickly kissing Minseok's lips. "This is motivation," he claimed then hurriedly left, grinning to himself, leaving a flushed Minseok behind who had no words but couldn't help but smile, too.

Byun Baekhyun had health tests to do and had left the room before breakfast already, so Minseok sat alone in room 201. 

It was one of these days where he couldn't hold back, couldn't hide everything, couldn't act like it was nothing no matter how happy the kiss made him. Glad he was alone, he turned to the nightstand, taking a notebook out of a drawer. He opened it, photos falling into his lap. 



"Do you miss Minseok hyung?" Seojin asked into the silence of dinner.

His mother seemed to ignore that though, she kept on eating. She put the plate with bread on it closer to him,"Seojin, here, take some bread."

Sometimes Seojin missed his older brother. He was six, he thought, when the news came and he was the one who understood the least of it. Why did Minseok hyung have to take those weird pills? Why did he have to visit the doctors so often? Mom, why does Minseok hyung not come out of his room? He remembered the question he had asked maybe a million times back then. But no one answered it, he only got a "It's Minseok hyung, Seojin". And that until Minseok never came back home again. Making Seojin wonder if Minseok ever regretted not spending more time with family, because Seojin definitely regretted not having spent more time with his big brother.

He knew he had annoyed his brother a lot back then. Everyone did. Seojin had always wanted to be like Minseok, so he did whatever his big brother did. But now when he thought of his brother, he had that weak picture of him in his head where he laid in a hospital bed paler than he already was. It got him angry a little, because Minseok wasn't supposed to be weak. Minseok should still be his big strong brother, the smartass who got Seojin on track in the first place. 

Back then when Minseok said things like "I am better than you, try reaching me" to him, young Seojin was sad at first because it was true, but now he understood why Minseok did it. Minseok got him to stand up and do what's better. The Seojin now was studying Business Managment and that in one of Minseok's dream universities. Sometimes he thought that Minseok should still be in his room (that was now Seojin's second room), even when he did not interfere much with family outings.

Seojin had never visited his brother in the hospital, neither did he plan on doing so. Minseok hyung wouldn't even want him there, right? Just why, why had it to be Minseok?



Kim Siyeon wanted to say that yes she did miss Minseok. She missed him a lot. But she couldn't say that, she'd break.

After

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter