chapter twenty two

Powerless Wonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Christmas, and Minseok woke up to Baekhyun bursting into the room at six in the morning. Luhan (who sometimes only, did use the mattress next to Minseok's bed) startled awake. "What the hell?" He sat up in alarm, with a sleepy and confused expression. 

Minseok sat up slowly as well, glaring at Baekhyun who only grinned happily,"Merry Christmas, guys! I've got you presents! And I made friends with this guy at the reception and--"

"Baekhyun," Minseok held up a hand calmly,"It's six o'clock in the morning, when did you even leave your bed?" 

"Ah no, I got your presents from online shopping actually and wanted to be there when the packages arrive to nicely wrap them up. The mailman was confused as to why he had to bring the packages to a hospital. Priceless expression, but anyway!" Baekhyun put a medium sized box on Minseok's lap and let another smaller box fall into Luhan's lap. 

Minseok blinked at the box. A friend gave him a present. Filled with happiness Minseok's eyed the box excitedly. It was wrapped in simple shiny red paper and a white bow on top of it. He wanted to open it carefully, since it looked so pretty and it was from his friend, Baekhyun. He held it up a few times to look around it, but he did not find a way to open it without having to rip it open. "You can just rip it open, Minseok!" Baekhyun laughed then, feeling warm about how happy Minseok seemed about the gift. Minseok smiled softly,"Thank you." and proceeded to rip the pretty box's paper open.

Luhan's on the other hand was wrapped in green shiny paper, also with a white bow on top. He looked curiously at the pretty box. "You wrapped it up yourself?" he asked, shaking the box carefully a few times to maybe guess what was in it before opening it. Baekhyun proudly answered,"Yes! But you can rip it open, there isn't a way around the ripping." Luhan then ripped it open with a smile,"Thanks, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun watched as Minseok pulled out a white teddy bear and a leather bracelet. Minseok was calm but anyone could see the boy was happy about the present. "Thank you, I really like it," Minseok mumbled again, looking at Baekhyun. Baekhyun nodded then looked at Luhan who was on the floor, still on the matress as well,"How do you like your present, Luhan?"

Luhan had pulled out a watch out the box. Seemed expensive, considering the brand of the watch was rather famous. "Wow," Luhan breathed,"But wasn't this expensive?"

"Not really," Baekhyun waved it off with a wink,"The leather bracelet and the watch are from the same brand and I had some coupons to use. I thought you would like it, so..." He sheepishly looked at the ground, before stepping over to his bed and plopping down on it.

"Actually," Luhan clumsily stood up, too quickly it seemed because he almost lost his balance,"I've got presents for you guys too! It's in my locker down in the nurse room! Let me get it!" With that he sprinted out the door in his sleepy attire. 

Baekhyun looked up from his position,"Did he just run off?" 

Minseok shrugged, signalling a 'yes' before standing up groggily. He kneeled down next to his bed and pulled something out from underneath it that Baekhyun couldn't see from where he was even when he sat up. "What'chu got there?" Baekhyun asked, excitement and curiosity visible in his eyes.


Minseok stood up then and threw a pretty paper bag into Baekhyun's arms, catching the latter off guard. "For me?" Baekhyun looked up, just making sure (he wasn't used to this either). Minseok gave him a crooked grin and a nod, tired eyes glimming. Baekhyun squealed and opened the pretty paper bag and found a puppy plushie inside. He burst into laughter,"That's cute! How did you think of that? How did you get it?"

"I asked a nurse," Minseok walked over to Baekhyun's bed, another pretty paper bag in his hands,"You remind me of a puppy sometimes."

Baekhyun hugged the plushie and put his chin on its head,"Twins, right?"

Minseok let out a sweet chuckle and nodded,"Of course." 

Baekhyun then pointed to the paper bag in Minseok's hands,"For Luhan? What's in--"

"Okay, guys, calm down!" Luhan burst in the room again, sleeve getting caught on the door handle in a nervous haste,"Ugh, wait a second." He freed himself off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter