chapter eighteen

Powerless Wonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's as if pointing out the sun to a man turned blind.


"Why don't you try again?" His uncle asked,"I think it would do you good. You talked a lot about all that. I'm sure you're still longing to do the things you did so well. Soccer for example, you loved soccer, didn't you?"

Minseok frowned, because - why the hell was he called to the therapist and on top of that, ended up talking to his uncle? He felt awkward sitting in this big chair but stared the man opposite him down anyway. His throat hurt and his lungs gave him a hard time. His hard voice did not give that away though,"You're joking, right?"

His uncle gave him a puzzled look. They'd been in this room for about 30 minutes already, with his uncle trying to get Minseok to pick up what he gave up a long time ago. In which Minseok ended up rubbing his temples in annoyance. 

Minseok rolled his eyes at the man's silence,"Look at the long list that makes my health weak, then maybe come talk to me again, because I'm damn sure it's not good for my body." With that he stood up carefully, his cold eyes seemed clouded by anger,by hidden sadness. 

It was frustrating. Why did the therapist, sitting on a third chair, not say anything to these stupid ideas? This could have  easily been handled without Minseok, too.

Before he closed the door behind him (forgetting to call a nurse because he actually had to use a wheelchair to get around), he heard his uncle speak up once more,"But, Minseok, it could be good for you!"

Minseok ignored his bones aching and the dizziness - he walked back into the direction of Room 201 in fast steps. 

Walking the way from the therapist's room 397 to his own, was probably going to take some time, but no one would stop him. Minseok did not look weak.


He can only dream of it.


Minseok's steps fell slower and he ended up stopping, quietly gasping for air. He put a hand on the wall next to him for support. Leaning against it, he closed his eyes tightly a few times, trying to keep himself up because he felt like he was about to black out, which (Minseok knew his condition well) probably would happen in a few seconds.

He lost balance again as the door he thought was a wall opened and he almost fell into the arms of a stranger. "Sorry," Minseok mumbled and took back his posture, quick and small steps away from the doorway. A hand on his chest, he stared at the door. Room 323, it read. The elevators had to be here somewhere, he was sure of it.

"Sir, can you hold up?" the person he ignored till now held him by his shoulders and started looking around in panic,"Nurse! Over here, quickly!" 

Minseok's sight was blurry, he was about to give out. He never out, ever - he made sure he didn't. But it was just so hard to keep that up because right now, Minseok wanted nothing more than to give in.

Before he lost consciousness he made out the silhouettes of people he knew well, but only one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter