chapter twenty

Powerless Wonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sometimes Minseok sat on his bed in the middle of the night, and wondered how much more time he had left. The difference from all the other times though, was not only that he wasn't alone in this big hospital room. 

Back then he did not care and wished for the end to come soon, but now he felt rushed and it just wasn't fair. If one would think about it, it sounded quite ironic. At some point Minseok had given up on himself and now he wanted nothing more than to live. When everybody one loved and cared for, gave up on one, it could hurt a lot and maybe, one would decide to give up on himself, too. 

One person made him change his mind on a matter this big. He would have never thought one mere human could make such an impact on his life though. That with that one person, could come along so many good things. It took one person for Minseok to change his mind. Minseok would have never thought that someone could do that kind of thing to him.

There were a lot of things no one but himself knew about Minseok and sometimes he wondered whether he could tell those things to that special person. Of course, he could. But it would only hurt more later on, no?

So he glanced over to the man beside him and smiled tiredly. He softly caressed the other's hair and felt himself tearing up. He took his hand back and tried wiping his tears as best as he could, without making a single noise. For some reason he had been a little too emotional these days, he did not like that. He did well in ignoring whatever he had been feeling over all the years, with few breathers in between. Alone. Abandoned. Weak.


"Minseok?" softly whispered, a hand found his and Minseok didn't feel so alone anymore. Luhan smiled at him through sleepy eyes,"Shh, I'm here. You're not alone, okay?" As if reading Minseok's mind. It was dark but the dulled light of the moon behind the curtains reached Luhan's eyes and they sparkled, looking magical.

Minseok was afraid his voice would break and that he would cry even more, so he only nodded with a lowered gaze. He glanced over to Baekhyun's bed, worried he'd disturb the other patient but Baekhyun slept peacefully.

"L-Luhan," Minseok mustered the courage to ask,"Can you lay with me?" The words felt foreign on his lips, he wasn't this type of person. He wasn't touchy, he hoped Luhan wouldn't misunderstand. He glanced back to Luhan and to his surprise he saw nothing but a positively surprised expression. Minseok blushed.

Minseok knew the bed wasn't for two people and it may be a little small for the two of them, so he felt embarrassed about his request. But Luhan stood up and carefully got on the bed and under the blanket with Minseok. "Better?" Luhan whispered warmly. They were so close.

Minseok shyly avoided the intern's warm gaze, only sniffing from the crying. He couldn't help but turn his back on Luhan, he felt too embarrassed to look the other in the eyes. His heartbeat rose up and Minseok hoped it was because of the butterflies (he probably did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter