No Damage Done

Drovers Run

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SEUNGHYUN POV

 

“Now for the Weather Forecast today.. There will be 50% chance of rain …..”

 

“Who still believe in Weather Forecast that’s just bull..”   Seunghyun turns off his radio push play and his favorite band play on the background.. He was driving home as he was just in Town early morning to pick up the materials that they needed for building a new shed.

 

He was singing his lungs out when he notice the car that is approaching him.. “I guess it’s my lucky day..”

 

I turn down my window wave my hand and beep at the car that is approaching me.. Luckily it stopped.. She put down her window and annoyance can see through it but once she realized who am I her reaction is same as mine..

 

“I didn’t plan this..”

 

“Why it’s hard for me to believe that?”

 

“Think whatever you want but I need you to fulfill your promise now Sandara” I get out of my Ute and walk to her car..    She is obviously thinking if she will do it today as she looks like she is heading to LA to get her stuff..   I won’t allow her to slip off this time as I really want to spend more time with her.     Luck is on my side I didn’t expect to see her but she just appeared in front of me so who am I to not take advantage of that..

 

“If you say so.. Im going to LA right now, can I fulfill it once I get back?” she asked

 

“Nope..”

 

I really won’t let her slipped away today…

 

“You told me that we will go out if we cross each other’s path again..  without planning it.. Well I didn’t plan this. I’m holding your word.. We need to go to town today. NOW!” I stated while giving her a firmed look that I won’t really budge on whatever she say.

 

“FINE FINE!!! Let’s go, But please can we just hang out for hour or 2? I don’t want to be on the road when it gets dark..”  Sandara bargained.

 

A bright idea came to mind when she made that bargain..

 

“Ok but you have to go out with me again..”

 

“You are unbelievable Seunghyun.. This is Harrasment you know that I’m going to LA,  I’m already giving in on what you want.. If you really want to hang out with me for a long time wait till I come back!” she said with full of irritation

 

“Whoa missy Harassment comeon now..” I don’t want her to have a bad impression with me so I’ll just give on her AGAIN… Well I got to understand that she going to have a long drive..

 

“Don’t get mad please.. 2 hours is fine with me.. Tail me to town??”

 

“Ok lead the way” she rolled her eyes.. Even she rolled her eyes..  I still find her Beautiful..

 

Sandara is really beautiful she got this long mahogany hair. It flowed in waves to adorn her glowing porcelain like skin. Her eyes are brown colored which framed by her long lashes. She got a straight nose and thin pouty lips. She is the picture of perfection in my eyes yet she is just simple.. Most girls that I  know and seen that came from the City have a mask of makeup all over their face.. But Sandara she doesn’t have that. Ever since I laid my eyes on her I have this thing for her. I want talk to her, be close with her, hold her, know her more.. I’m attracted to her I admit that but who wouldn’t be,  I know it’s not love but I really can’t explained it..

 

 

 

“So what do you want so I can order it for you..”  

 

“Don’t be silly we can order together.. And I’ll pay.. Remember it’s my way of saying my thanks to you right? Fair enough?”

 

 

“Right-O but next time the bill is on me ok?!”

 

 

We walk on the line and she was busy checking the place.. I disturbed her thoughts when I ask her again..

 

“Sandara I ask you that next time the bill is mine.. is that ok?” I sheepishly ask her..  But she just ignored me and continue checking the place..

 

“Sandara I said next time the bill is mine” is she not even listening to me?

 

“OK OK you can be an annoying dog sometimes..”  she annoyingly reply

 

I scoffed… did she just called me a dog!!! CHOI SEUNGHYUN a DOG?!!?

 

“Hold on missy did you guys refer me as a dog?!”

 

“Cause you repeat it so many times I said yes already but you keep on repeating it..”

 

I didn’t heard her reply..

 

“What can I get to the 2 of you”

 

“Iced  Black Coffee!”  We said at the same time.. She looks at me and smile

 

“You like Black Coffee too?!” We said it again at the same time we both chuckled..

 

“Is that it?” the cashier asked

 

“And a strawberry shortcake, red velvet, apple cobbler, banana and tiramisu cupcake,.. they look delicious..” Sandara tells the cashier

 

“It is actually.. You will love the Red Velvet,  its divine.” The cashier reply  “What about you sir anything for you?

 

“Just give me the Pumpkin Pie”

 

Sandara pay for our food..  I take the tray with full of her big cupcakes and settled on our table..

 

“You look surprise that I order a lot..” she ask

 

“I won’t lie.. I am..  Do you know how much sugar is in there you might get sick eventually..”

 

She laughed at me and ignore whatever I just said..She pick her cupcake and bite it excitedly.. She looks like a kid that got her dream toy..

 

“Oh my lord!! She is right!!  Red Velvet is delicious.. You want to try?”

 

“Can I?” I bite on the cupcake and she was right it was really pretty good..

 

“Its nice right? Is it your first time here too?”

 

“Actually no.. I buy my coffee here whenever I’m In the town.. But it’s my first time to try their food..   And that Red Velvet is really delicious..”

 

“It is right? I love sweets..  It’s my guilty pleasure..  I tried to make them but I always fail so I decided just to look for stores that can sell good delicious one..  And I think I found one here.. So thanks for bringing me here..”

 

“Im glad you like it.. What happened with you and Bom?”

 

She looked at me and give another of her sweet smile.. How I wish to see that  everyday..

 

“It went well..  She likes it that I will stay here and work on Drovers..”

 

Sandara reached for my hand… This day keeps getting better…

 

“I sincerely want to thank you Seunghyun,  I know that I’ve thank you a lot of times already but you open my eyes and made me realize what really is important.. So thank you again”

 

I can feel the sincerity and warmth that she is trying to convey.. And I am glad that I helped her even in a little way..

 

“You are welcomed and I am happy that I helped you..”

 

“By the way hows Kris?”

 

Sandara know Kris?..... Why? How? When?

 

“You know my brother? How? I curiously ask

 

“Bom introduced me to him when he drop by the house yesterday..”

 

“How do you find  him?”

 

As soon as those words came out from my mouth I prayed that he will not find my brother interesting.  I don’t know what I do if she will likes Kris..  It’s  impossible for women not to notice Kris.. He is tall.. White skin, good looking, walking with confidence and a good talker.. I’m not saying that I’m the bad looking brother but I know that he got more appeal to girls than me..

 

“He’s fine.. We didn’t talk much..”

 

Hoooo!! That’s a Relief… Now what I need to do next,  call Kris later and ask if she is interested with Sandara..

 

“How do you find Bom”  Sandara ask me while she took a slice of her cake..

 

“Bom?! She’s a bloke..   Always one of the guys, I actually respects her a lot.. She knows what she wants and always stand on her words..    It’s hard to Run a Ranch but I never ever heard her complained” I proudly say

 

“You find my sister as a bloke? Nothing else? You didn’t even try to hit on her?”

 

Where is this conversation going? Sandara please don’t pair me with your sister that won’t be right.. I never look at her differently so I hope my guts on where she wants to lead this conversation is wrong..

 

“Never.. How can I hit on Bom if I treat her like my own sister.. Bom was the very first friend I have when my family move here.. I can never look Bom in any other way..”

 

“Are you serious? You don’t find her pretty at all?!”

 

“That’s different.. Bom is really  pretty  no one will argue with that.. Bom is too cool for me.. I respect her so much.. I.. I  don’t know,  I just don’t see her other than that”

 

“You never saw yourself involve with Bom romantically?” she persistenly ask more but still muching on her cupcake..

 

“Sandara.. I never saw myself with Bom romantically.. Can we please stop this! I don’t like to think that way on Bom.. There is a person meant for me and that is not her.. I will know for myself if I really like her but not once I look at her differently.. There are people who meant to be just friends.. And that’s us..

 

Sandara became quiet.. I don’t know what’s running on her mind right now but I don’t like her thinking that me and Bom could be together..

 

“Im sorry if I seems like pushing Bom unnie to you.. It’s just rare for me that a Girl and Boy can be really friends..”

 

“I noticed that her cake and all her cupcakes are finished already and her coffee is almost done as well.. I don’t want her to leave yet so I have to do something for her to stay longer..”

 

 

“Do you wanna have some ice cream? Chaerin told me that the Ice cream shop  3 blocks away from here is really good.. do you wanna try?” I hopefully ask (Please say yes, please say yes)

 

“Sure!!! I love ice cream!!!” She excitedly answer..

 

Luck is really on my side.. We both decided to leave our Car on the Café and just walk to the Ice Cream place..   The sun is not out but it’s really hot..   A nice ice cream will be really good for both of us..

 

“Are you seeing anyone?” I bravely ask her

 

“I can see you and everyone right now..” she playfully  answer me

 

“Funny.. Come on.. So you have a boyfriend left in the city?” I try again hoping she will answer it seriously..

 

“I have a lot of BOY  friends Seunghyun” she looks at me and sticks her tongue out.. She is playing me..  We are not yet in a relationship and she is playing me already.  Oh poor me..

 

“COME ON!!! Ok Ok.. Are you in any Romantic Relationship Right now.. Like a guy who is Romantically….”

 

“Im not seeing anyone.. I don’t have a boyfriend and I’m not Romantically involved with anyone geez why so serious”

 

A smile slowly crept on my face..

 

“Why are you smilling? Are you happy that you’re not the only one who is not romantically involved with anyone?” she ask while looking at me..

 

“Im smilling because YOU!” I pointed to her… “Are not Romantically involved with anyone.. Want to try me?..”

 

I see Sandara blushing.. She suddenly look away from me… Do I have an effect on her as she have on me?  She walks faster to get away from me.. I run so I can reach her and ..

 

“Did I just saw you blushing Ms. Park?”

 

“I’m not blushing!!! Where is that Ice Cream store!”

 

“Yes you did.. and you are still blushing..” I teased

 

She put her hands on her cheeks and looks at me shyly..

 

“I maybe blushing but it’s not because of you it’s because… because   it’s hot and we are walking… why we didn’t just bring our car.. I’m sweating already..”

 

“ You sweat cause you run away from me.. Are you scared of me? Or is it because you don’t want me see you blushing?!”

 

“Stop it!! Im not blushing!!” She stop and cover her face with her hands..

 

“Come on now don’t cover your face.. you’ll sweat more.. I’m not going to teased you anymore ok..” I kissed her forehead.. for a moment I ask myself why did I do that..

 

Sandara didn’t budge.. she keeps on insisting that once she uncover her face I will start to again.. she got me there I really will..  I find her so cute on the fit that she is giving now.. I was slowly trying to get her hands on off her face… a little more plead to her and she gives in..

 

She looks at me and him me in my arms.. I just laugh while she keeps on hitting me and insisting that she did not blushed..

 

I caught her hands “Im sorry ok.. Yes you did not blushed Because I told you that the reason that I smile is because you’re not romantically involved with anyone and me trying to ask you if you want to try me!!”

 

“Seunghyun stop teasing me!!!” She try to wiggle her hands away from me so he can hit me again but I’m stronger..

 

“You just blush because its hot right?! I think Im blushing because of this bloody weather” she nod while trying her best to suppress a smile..

 

I cupped her face and look deeply in her eyes.. “Don’t cover your face again when your with me.. Because it’s the most beautiful face that I’ve seen.. I will give anything and I mean ANYTHING to see you everyday”

 

 

 

DARA POV

 

“Don’t cover your face again when your with me..  Because it’s the most beautiful face that I’ve seen.. I will give anything and I mean ANYTHING to see you every day ” Seunghyun told me while he was looking deeply in my eyes..

 

My heart flutters . Millions of butterfly on my stomach.. And I know that I am blushing again.. What does he mean that he will give anything to see me everyday?

 

I want to say something to him but any kind of word is not coming out of my mouth..

 

Then there’s the Big Loud Thunder.. Immediately followed by Raindrops..

 

Seunghyun hold my hand and we ran into a Music Center.. We are both soaking wet..

 

“I didn’t expect that rain” I told him

 

“I heard in the radio that there will be 50% chance of rain.. Who would’ve believe that it will be true” he amusingly said while drying my face with his hanky..

 

“Can’t blame you for that” I laughingly reply.. “Do you think  we can  stay here for a while till the rain stops?”

 

“I’ll ask the staff..  I’ll use all my charms” he jokingly said

 

Seunghyun walks to the staff and ask if we can stay till the rain stops.. She points to something, I follow on where she pointing and I can see the sign ‘NO BY STANDERS’.. Now where we will stay? The rain outside is really pouring.. it’s not a good idea to go back in the café we will be drenched..

 

“We need to get a room”

 

Did I heard him right?! A room?!

 

“What?”

 

“We need to get a room if we want to stay here till the rain stop”

 

“What room are we talking about?”

 

He pokes my head “You naughty girl.. You’re thinking I like it!”

 

I hit him again.. How many times did I hit him today.. But this one he really deserves it..

 

“We are in the music center so the room I’m talking about is like rooms with instruments.. Not the room you are talking about.. You naughty creature.” He kissed me in the forehead AGAIN..

 

“YAH!! That’s the second time,  stop kissing my forehead” I fakely complained

 

“It’s because your so cute.. Your thinking of something else!!” he laughs

 

“Im not thinking of something else ok.. Just get  us  a room it might be warmer there ..it’s a little chilly in here.”

 

“Sandara Get A Room sounds so naughty hahaha..” 

 

I wanna kick his when I heard him said that but I was too late as he go to the cashier to get a you know a ROOM!

 

 

There’s  are lot of instruments in the music room.. There are Drums, Violin, Guitar, Piano, Trumpet, Saxophone and more..

 

I picked up the Guitar and strum the strings of it..

 

“You know how to play?” he ask

 

“I do actually..  Self-thought” I proudly said

 

“Impressive.. What makes you decide to learn it?”

 

“Because I want Unnie to sing while I play the guitar..”

 

“That’s very thoughtful of you.. Bom really got a Beautiful voice and your Dad is really really awesome on playing the guitar.”

 

“I know.. Unnie and I always pester Dad to play his guitar.. And when he gives in we will request a song.. Unnie and I will always take turns to decide which song he’ll play so we can sing..”

 

“So you sing too.. Will it be too much if  I ask you to strummed the guitar and give me the honor to hear you sing?”

 

I was hesitant to sing in front of Seunghyun.. Bom Unnie is definitely a better singer than me.. I can play the guitar but not sing.. I don’t have confidence  to do it.. But I guess he can read mind..

 

“I’m not expecting anything.. I just really want to hear you sing and watch you play your guitar.”

 

“I don’t know.. I don’t really have a good voice like unnie.. If you want I can play the guitar but I really can’t sing..” I reasoned out

 

“You know what.. I’ll play the piano later and sing for you even if I don’t have a good voice will that be fair enough?”

 

“You can play the piano? Nice I want to hear it.. Can you do it first? I don’t really have any confidence on my voice.”

 

“Ladies first right? I’m not going to laugh.. If you want I will close my eyes while you play your guitar and sing.. Pretty Please Sandara” He said while giving me his boyish smile

 

“Stop acting cute!! Can you turned around while I play?” I bargained

 

“Ok but you have to sing aswell ok?”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

Seunghyun Turn his Chair and waited for Dara to sing.. Unknown to him Dara is really uneasy to sing since she really doesn’t have the confidence to sing.. it’s been awhile for her since the last time she sing in front of someone..

 

Dara positioned herself and tuned the guitar…

 

“What are you going to play?” he ask

“The  last song that I’m trying to perfect.. Just listen ok!”

 

“Yes boss”

 

As soon as Dara tuned the guitar she place her finger on Fretboard and strums the string of the guitar..

 

“Sounds Good” Seunghyun praised her

 

Dara didn’t answer him and just concentrate on  playing the guitar.. She is strumming the intro of the songs and when it’s  done with the intro she started to sing..

 

“What day is it?.... And in what month?  This clock never seemed so alive”

 

When Seunghyun heard Dara sings he turns around to face her.. Dara’s is closing her eyes while she is playing and singing with the guitar.. Her voice is so soft and sweet in Seunghyun’s ear.. he didn’t say anything just continue watching Dara..


“I can't keep up….  and I can't back down I've been losing so much time..”

'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you”

 

Dara open her eyes and surprise to see Seunghyun facing her and his eyes is close as if he enjoys listening to me..

 

“You cheat” Dara blurted

 

“You lie.. You said you didn’t sound good.. You sound sooo good Sandara.. its soothing”

 

Seunghyun stand up and carry the chair to sit near Dara.. “Can you continue it? Your voice is very calming.. I want to hear it again.. Will it be ok? He pleaded

 

“Are you sure you’re not mocking me?” as she doubly believe what Seunghyun just tells her..

 

“I AM NOT MOCKING YOU.. You really sound good.. Can’t you hear yourself? Comeon Sandara just one more verse and that’s it..”

 

“Ok one more verse and that’s it..” Dara strum her guitar again and sing the part of the song that she really like..

 

“Something about you now… I can't quite figure out”

 

Dara stop singing when Seunghyun suddenly sings..
 

“Everything she does is beautiful.. Everything she does is right

'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to lose

Dara can’t help but look at Seunghyun as Seunghyun was looking right to her while he is still singing.. “His voice is so deep but it sounds so wonderful.. he is looking straight to me as if he is singing the song for me.. i can feel my heart flutters again and I am actually liking the thought that he is singing it for me..” dara thougt
 

And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you”

 

“Wow.. that’s amazing..”

 

Seunghyun suddenly feel embarrassed as he himself doesn’t know why he suddenly sings.. he even get drowned on Dara’s gaze while he is singing as Dara is looking to his eyes deeply..

 

“Thank you.. You play your guitar so well that I can’t help myself but to sing.. I thought you’re going to sing with me but I guess you wanted a solo instead of a duo..”  Seunghyun jokingly told her

 

“No silly.. I just got surprised.. but you really sound amazing.. I’m now excited to hear you play the piano and sing again.”

 

Seunghyun stand up and reached for Dara’s hand..

 

“Why do you have to hold my hand?” Dara who got curious on Seunghyun’s action ask

 

“I don’t want you to get lost.. We are going to the piano..” He said as if it’s nothing.

 

Dara just roll her eye and just let his lame excuse pass.. She likes his hand on hers too anyway.. They  sitted in the front of the piano. Seunghyun take out the cover of the keyboard using his free hand..

 

“You can let go of my hand now.. So you can play..” I whispery told him

 

“if only I can play with single handed so I can still hold your hand.” What am I talking about? Why Im acting like this to Sandara?

 

“Stop being silly.. And just play the piano..”

 

Seunghyun place his hands on the keyboard and start pressing it.. 

 

The music that coming from the piano makes Dara thrilled to hear more..

 

“You.. are soooo beautiful….. to me…”

 

Seunghyun sings while looking passionately to Dara..

 

“You.. are soooo beautiful….. to me…”

 

Dara doesn’t know what to do or to feel as Seunghyun is looking straight to her.. She feels conscious and can’t look straight to his eyes..

She looks away but Seunghyun stop playing and make her face him.. Dara tried her best to stay her eyes  at Seunghyun but as she continues looking at him and  watch him playing the piano.. There this desire that building up on her chest..

 

“Can’t you see~…. Your everything I hope for….

Your everything I need… You.. are sooo.. Beautiful… To meee..”

 

Seunghyun ended the song without taking his eyes off Dara.. They are just staring at each other without saying anything.. Dara and Seunghyun kept quiet and both their gazes locked and both of them get drawned in the depths of their stare.. Both of them feel that while looking at each other’s eyes their heart is fluttering… Seunghyun can’t control himself and started to bridge the gap between their faces slowly..  

 

“Stop!” Dara blurted  “I..I.. I think the rain.. has stop already so.. so  we better go..”

 

“Right..”  Seunghyun got embarrassed by his action just agree to Dara and follow her out..

 

Though the rain has stop already it’s still gloomy outside.. Both Dara and Seunghyun walks quietly back to the café..

Seunghyun asking himself as to why he tried to kiss Dara.. He is thinking his actions towards earlier..  He knows that he is attracted to her but he also knows that what he did is not right..

 

Dara nags herself as to why did he almost let Seunghyun kiss her.. Good thing she suddenly remembers Bom.. BOM her unnie she can’t sacrifice Bom just for a kiss.. What is she thinking.. She got hypnotise on Seunghyun’s eyes..  I have to put on my note that don’t look on Seunghyun’s eyes as youll get hypnotize..

 

Without knowing Dara and Seunghyun reached  the café and go to their cars..

 

“Sandara Im sorry.. I didn’t know what got into myself..”

 

“Don’t worry I get that all the time” Dara jokingly said to ease up the mood

 

“For sure.. But I just don’t want you get mad at me and think that I want to get on your pants”

 

“Seunghyun don’t be crazy.. If you want to get on my pants I’ll be willing to give my pants but I doubt that it will fit you..”

 

“Hahaha.. does that mean were good?” trying to assure himself that he didn’t put a bad impression on Dara..

 

“No damage done”

 

 

 

A/N: How do you guys find the story?!?! Thank you again for Subscribing and reading my story... Subscribe for More and leave me some LOVE...