Can I

Drovers Run

 

 

Bom sighed finally the two day seminar in Kallani comes to end. She came to the bar to celebrate.

 

“I know you will like it” Bom look on her left and saw Youngbae already sitting down and order Perfect Pour.

 

 She is at the Kallani Bar drinking Aqua Velva. Yes that drink is addicting. It’s addicting enough that it’s already her third round. She wasn’t really planning to go to the bar but she feels down right now. She called Seunghyun, she is excited to hear his voice but he said he can’t talk to her right now. He can’t even talk to me even for a minute even for 30 seconds?

 

“Are you ok? Did Kris do something again? I thought you guys talked already.” Bom looks at Youngbae and force herself to smile.

 

“We are okay already. He apologize earlier, I actually invite him but he will drive tomorrow so..”

 

“Good to know. What brings you here?”

 

Bom lifts her drink to show to him “I came for this and the seminar is done already. Thanks for sharing your knowledge”

 

“I hope you learn something.”  Bom nods to her and chugs down all her drink.

 

“This is really good. I think this is now my new favorite cocktail.” Bom call the bartender again and order for two more.

 

“You’re a one sad woman” Youngbae said while watching Bom drinking.

 

“Just because I’m drinking Aqua Velva and alone here in the bar doesn’t mean I am sad.” Bom defended herself.

 

“I didn’t said that because you are drinking nor because you are alone here”

 

“Then what makes you think I’m sad?” Bom ask him again curious on his respond.

 

“You’re eyes, it says it all. Don’t you know you have a very expressive eyes” There are water coming out from Bom’s eyes without her knowing. She felt Youngbae’s hand wiping her tears, she doesn’t know what is going on with her but all of a sudden she hugs Youngbae and cries hard. Youngbae was surprise on her actions but he hugs her back. He then realizes she is not just sad, she is hurting.

 

“Let it all out, it might not going to ease all the pain but it’ll help” Bom heard Youngbae and she follows she let it all out. She doesn’t know how long did she cried but she felt how Youngbae tries to comfort her.

--

 

Dara was all smiles when she saw Seunghyun’s car parking already at Drovers. She quickly sprays her favorite perfume and check herself on the mirror. She hastily picks her curling iron when she notice a strand that she overlooked earlier.

 

“No wonder I got a crush on you” Dara turn her head and saw Seunghyun leaning on her door frame.

 

“You always say that. I’m very very close on believing it” She put down her curling iron on the floor and went to Seunghyun.

 

“Well believe it.  You look unreasonably stunning” Seunghyun openly tells her that makes Dara blush. She is wearing a yellow halter floral dress and white sandals. She curls her hair and put a little makeup on. She is happy that Seunghyun seems to appreciate it.

 

Seunghyun smoothly cage Dara’s waist on his arms and whisper something to her  “I don’t think I can handle it if someone stare at you”

 

“I can say the same” she shyly replied which made Seunghyun chuckled.

 

“Let’s go?”  Seunghyun let go of Dara’s waist so she can get her stuff.

 

Dara was excited to go to the market and buy the ingredients for their menu tonight but Seunghyun thinks differently. He said that they were supposed to, but he change his mind suddenly and cook the food instead already. He said that instead of going to the market that will take hours to go there and comeback here we will just use that time to watch a movie or jam with our music. Which I don’t disagree in anyway.

 

Seunghyun opens the door for Dara and as soon as he opens the door it was dark. “You pay Edison right?” Seunghyun just chuckle on her. He entwined his hand on her and lead her to his dining room.

 

Seunghyun then turn on the switch and Dara was in awe. There are fairy lights that are hanging his ceilings and around the place there are also numbers of candles that are burning and smells like jasmines. The foods that are already prepared are in the table that fills with rose’s petals and a bouquet of red tulips on the side. Dara then assume that, that is her seat.

 

She looks up on Seunghyun, she was kind of taken aback when she sees that his eyes was already on her. “It looks beautiful Seunghyun.” She hugged him tightly.  she didn’t wait for any second to pass when she felt Seunghyun’s arms on hers already.

 

“No one is as beautiful as you”

 

“Thank you. I didn’t expect these” the effort that he did to put this all together for her make her feel that she is special to him.

 

“I wanted try to surprise you”

 

“It works. It looks like we are having a date” Dara then felt embarrassed and slap her forehead. Seunghyun lightly chuckle on her. He put his hand on her chin and lifts his face to look at him.

 

“We are going to have a date. Is it ok with you?”  Dara shyly nodded.

 

“Then let’s start before the food get cold. I told Mino to make sure the food is still warm. I hope he didn’t disappoint” Seunghyun pull the chair for Dara to make her sit.

 

“I didn’t know that we have red tulips here in Maxwell” Dara started as she admired the flowers.

 

“Not in Maxwell. I drove in town and the lady who is selling that said what red tulips symbolizes” Seunghyun tells her.

 

“What is symbolizes?”

 

Seunghyun open the wine and pour some on the glasses “I think I forgot already. Why don’t you google it” he said then laugh.

 

“Ughh, then why tell me it symbolize something!”

 

“Can we start? I am famished”

 

“Thanks for making seafood dish, Seunghyun. I didn’t know if you know it but I am so craving for it. We have chicken and beef all week. I’m so over it” Dara tells him while she is devouring the lobster.

 

“Drovers people love their meats so I know you guys rarely eat seafood I just take a chance and I am glad you like it”

 

“I love it”

 

“Have you talked to Bom?” Seunghyun query her. She didn’t like that he is asking about Bom when he said that they are having their date right now.

 

“Yes” she reply short.

 

“Is she enjoying Kallani?”

 

“Maybe. Why don’t you call her so you can ask her personally” Dara said spitefully, Seunghyun looks at her and smile inwardly.

 

“Are you mad?”

 

“Nope”

 

“Are you jealous?” Dara look at him and he was smiling.

 

“I am not and take off that gorgeous smile off yours!”

 

Seunghyun can only laugh. She is so cute on his eyes. “Stop frowning then you look more pretty when your smiling.”

 

“I am not frowning.  But if you are really interested why don’t you call her”

 

“I love it when your jealous” Seunghyun said to her.

 

“Whatever. Your ruining my dinner” Dara pouted.

 

Seunghyun pick something behind him. “I’m sorry..hope this can make up for it?” He gave her three white daisies.

 

“Do you think you can get me by flowers?” she ask as if she annoyed

 

“I just take my chances”

 

“Hmm.. stop pouting youre so cute” Seunghyun laughed while she trying to suppress hers. “This will do for now.”

 

Dara and Seunghyun eat their dinner while talking to each other discovering new things with each other more. Seunghyun keeps on teasing her while the later always fall for it.

 

“I’m soo full.. Thank you Seunghyun-ah” Dara said after she finish drinking all the wine on her glass.

 

“I’m glad that you liked it.”

 

“I’ll wash the dishes”

 

“You don’t have too.. Just leave it on the sink and I’ll do that later.”

 

Dara open the faucet on the sink and pick the sponge. “Hyunnie it’s only right that I do this. You already make the dinner now let me wash the dishes.” Dara started picking up the plates and lather it with soap.

 

“If you say so. Ill heat the water so we can drink hot tea or coffee. I have some cake we can eat for dessert while watching whatever movie you like.” Dara nodded to him.

 

After few seconds. Dara felt two strong arms on her waist. She looks down and it was Seunghyun’s “I thought you’re going to make us some coffee?”

 

Seunghyun lower his head and buried his face to her neck. He stays quiet until Dara finish washing the dishes. Dara turn around and look at him.

 

“Did you swallow your tongue?” she asks him while cupping his face.

 

Seunghyun look at her and he seems like thinking something. Dara brows furrowed at his silent treatment. “Hey! What is it? I can tell something is going on with that head of yours.”

 

Seunghyun suddenly lean forward and captures Dara’s lips. She was surprise but she responded. Their kiss was soft, it’s like he was still figuring out if she will let him kiss her more and she was moving her lips on how he will carry her.

 

Seunghyun gasped for air and hold her face while his forehead is on hers. “Is that why you’re quiet? You’re thinking on how to make a move on me?” Dara voice out which make both of them laugh.

 

“I actually didn’t think I’ll do that but I guess I can’t help it. I’ve been wanting to kiss you” Seunghyun confess

 

“Is that the only thing you want to do?” Dara ask slyly which made Seunghyun laugh heartily on what Dara’s implying.

 

“Actually there is more” he suddenly replied seriously.

 

“I’m curious” Dara answered playfully.

 

“Can I love you?” Seunghyun tells her sincerely. He wanted to tell her that since their dinner but he was so nervous he doesn’t know how to say it. Scared that she might reject him.

 

“Seunghyun..” was the only word that left out on Dara’s mouth. She didn’t expect that he will say something like that.

 

“Sandara.. I love you.. I am yours.. can you be mine?”

 

He said it so sincerely. Dara’s eyes began to water. She knows to herself that she feel something for him too. She wants to say yes but she can’t let go of the fact that her sister love this guy too. What should she do? Should she follow her heart or should she be a good sister?

 

Her silence became too loud for Seunghyun’s ear. She let go of her and started to pull out the coffee mug. He knows what it means.

 

“Seunghyun..” Dara started.

 

“It’s ok.. I came too strong huh” He said trying to cover the pain he is feeling right now.

 

“Yes.. I mean No..” Dara became frustrated with herself. She looks on Seunghyun’s back and she knows she hurted him. She took a deep breath and moves forward to Seunghyun. She hugs him. she can feel how he became stiffen on her actions.

 

“I’m sorry. It just surprise me when you ask me if you can love me. And love it when I hear you said love me. But I suddenly got nervous when you ask me if I can be yours.” Dara said lowly. Seunghyun turn around and look at her.

 

“You got nervous?” he asks confused.

 

She looks up to him and nod. “Don’t get me wrong. When you kiss me it might be embarrassing to admit this but I feel like I was in a cloud nine” Hearing it make Seunghyun smile. “I like you Seunghyun but I’m afraid to admit that I love you because.”

 

“Because of Bom” Seunghyun continues that earn him a nod. “I’m not going to be the guy that will ask you to choose me over your sister”

 

“Then what kind of guy you will be?”

 

“A guy who deserve to be not only liked but to be love by you.. I can wait Sandara”  

 

 

A/N: Hello everyone!!! This chapter is dedicated to darkangel024 ^.^