Jealous

Drovers Run

 

 

“Who the hell is this?” I tried to ignore my phone but it keeps on ringing and ringing and ringing so I put all my force to stretch my hand on my bedside table and answer it without looking on who is calling.

 

“Well hello to you too babydoll”

 

“Who the is this?” I’m still sleepy. I pull my blanket up to my head, I don’t have time for guessing game.

 

“I will love to you too” I scoffed as I already recognize the voice on the other line.

 

“You will if you didn’t stood me up, you !”

 

“I know, I know that was stupid of me, that’s why I came here to make it up to you.” I heard him say, and that makes me curious on what he meant by “he came here.”

 

“Where are you Kris?” I ask with curiosity.

 

“In your house. So comedown now and claimed your price”

 

“You are at my house at this hour?”

 

“Babydoll here in Maxwell people really wakeup early, I thought you’re already used to it. Though 8 o’clock is still not really late” my eyes open instantly and take off the blanket  and look on the wall clock! Holy crap!! I’m late!! I didn’t wake up early! I stand up immediately and grab some change clothes.

 

“Babydoll, don’t worry its ok. I already talk to Bom and she said it’s ok if you stay since its Sunday, we don’t really do a lot on Sundays here” I heard him said while I was putting on my jeans after I put on my shirt.

 

“Are you sure? We are not in a good place right now.” I told him I’m while putting on my boots.

 

“Ha! Maybe that’s why she just said go ahead and left without asking anything. What happen?”

 

“Where are you?” I open my door and went downstairs,  I don’t see him in the living room.

 

“I am here in the kitchen, come fast please, I’m hungry already”

 

Did he make something for me? I ask myself, I moved my feet on the way to the kitchen and I saw flowers on our Kitchen table where we usually eat. I smiled as well when I saw some pancakes, bacon, sunny side up  and hash.  It didn’t pass on my eyes that he brought Keurig here and there is a latte on the table as well. Yes guys we don’t have Keurig here in Drovers even any coffee maker we still heat water on the kettle people here are missing a lot!

 

“You like it?” I heard him, and his face looks proud when he saw the smile on my face.

 

“I like the food but not you” I answer to him jokingly. I am actually impressed that he made an effort for me. Who would have thought the Kris Choi is capable of cooking anything.

 

He pull a chair so I can sit on it and devour the foods “Don’t worry I won’t take it to heart I know you mean the opposite” he said, chuckling and wink.

 

He seat on the opposite of me so we are facing each other. I sipped on my latte and it’s a chai latte. Wow it’s been a while since I drank this. He puts on some pancakes and bacon on my plate.

“Am I forgiven?” He ask me

 

“First Kris, how can I forgive you if you didn’t apologize yet.” I told him while I keep on putting food on my mouth “Second to be honest with you. You don’t have to apologize I’m not mad or anything with you, I still enjoy the fair thanks to your brother”

 

“Seunghyun hyung?”  He looks surprise.

 

“Who else? Unless you have another brother.” I rolled my eyes to him and continue eating

 

“How was it? Did you have fun with him?” he ask and I sensed a tension on his voice.

 

I stopped eating and look at him “Yeah I do. I really had a fun day yesterday”

 

“Interesting” he said and slice some pancakes. “Aren’t you even going to ask me, why I didn’t came to the fair Dara?”

 

“Well do you want to tell me why?” I ask him back, but he just looks at me for maybe a good 10 seconds and I feel like he was trying to read me and I don’t understand why. He then shakes his head and smile.

 

“What?!”

 

“Nothing, never mind.” He said and sipped his coffee. “So you said that you are in Bom Noona’s bad side right now?”

 

I suddenly feel bad, Last night when I saw her in the window I know that she will misunderstand what she saw but what I didn’t expect is her ignoring me. I knock and knock on her door but she didn’t open it.

 

“Uh-huh, Last night Seunghyun drop me off here and Bom unnie saw it.”

 

“So Bom Noona still a got a crush on hyung?WOW!” He said and he looks amaze

 

“I think she misunderstood it.”

 

“Well I will too. You are with hyung the whole day I guess that’s why he even drop you here”

 

“I am with him the whole day” I visibly saw Kris jaw clench but I ignored it I am absurd with telling him what happen to Bom unnie and I. “I played pool with him and I bet that if I win he will take Bom unnie to a date! If only unnie knows that.  she will not think differently I guess”

 

“You play pool with him? That’s dumb you will not win!”

 

“I know right? That’s what Chaerin told me when she saw us in the pub”

 

“Hyung is the best in playing pool here”

 

“I heard that too”

 

“That’s true he is the champion on the national” I am so uninterested on hearing that.

 

“Well if he is that good then why doesn’t he join the Olympics?” I said sarcastically, Kris looks at me put his hand on his mouth and laugh.

 

“Babe there is no billiards in the Olympic” I just shrug on him and it made him just laugh even more. He walks to me and pull another chair to sit beside me “Babe don’t worry I am sure noona and you will be fine soon. Just keep on bugging her and explained yourself ok?”

I sighed and nod my head to him and he leans forward to me and capture my lips.

“Not smooth Kris” I as soon as I break the kiss

 

“Is it?” And he dips again and started to kiss me slowly.

 

++

 

The two are busy on making out that they didn’t hear the footsteps that coming on their way.

 

“Opps,  Im sorry!” Seunghyun said when he saw Dara and his brother locking lips

 

 The two look on the voice in the door, Dara eyes grew wider and her face became red while Kris arm wraps on  Dara’s shoulder and grin to his brother.

 

“What are you doing here hyung?” Kris ask

 

“Bom call me, she ask me to come so I can check the animals that she got from the fair” Seunghyun respond without taking his eyes on his brother.

 

“Why you come here in the kitchen, and not in the barn?” Dara ask Seunghyun. It puzzled her that why Seunghyun came in the kitchen and not in the shed if he will look on the animals.

 

“Babe comeon” Kris kisses Dara on cheek suddenly “Don’t get mad on hyung for interrupting us”

 

“I am not mad!” flustered Dara exclaimed “ I just.. just thought..” Dara don’t know what to say as she got off guard on what kris suddenly said on Seugnghyun, she definitely not mad that Seunghyun just barge in. she is more embarrassed on what he saw.

 

“I came here because Bom said she will wait here in the kitchen” Seunghyun didn’t let Dara finish on what she is saying. He still standing on the door. It was really awkward for him to stay there.

 

“WHAT?! She said she will be here?”  Kris and Dara look at each other.

 

“Yes, will I come here if she said she is not.”  He is obviously not liking the atmosphere there or rather didn’t like what he saw.

 

  Dara can’t help but shakes her head, she now know why Bom made Seunghyun come in the kitchen.

 

“Where is Bom?” Seunghyun asks.

 

“We don’t know, Dara and I are having  breakfast here” he tightened his hold on Dara and gave Seunghyun a smug.

 

“Uh.. have you eaten Seunghyun?” Dara ask him, why did I ask him? He didn’t look at me since he came here he is just eyeing Kris.

 

“I already did. I’ll leave now and look for Bom” Seunghyun was about to leave when the back door opens and it was the person he was looking for.

 

“Hyunnie! I didn’t know you’ll come early than expected”  Bom said with a cheerful voice.

 

“Early? You said you’ll be waiting here. If only I knew”

 

“If you only knew then what?” Kris interjected eager to pry for more. He is discovering something from his brother that he didn’t expect.

 

“Oh comeon Hyunnie, Did you saw something you don’t like?” This time its Bom, She purposely make Seunghyun come to the kitchen. She knows that the two will make out sooner or later. And she didn’t fail.

 

“What are you implying?” Seunghyun voice is hard already. He feels like he is being cornered and played.

 

Bom moves closer to Seunghyun and locked her arms to him “I am not implying anything. I am just asking.” Bom looks to her sister and gave her a sly smile “Why my younger sister is looks pissed?” she then gasped “OMG don’t tell me Seunghyun barged in while you guys are having your second main course for breakfast?”

 

Kris laugh loudly, he is obviously enjoying it. While Dara shakes her head she want to yell at Bom but she knows that if she do that she will just embarrassed her more in front of Seunghyun.

 

“Bom, will you stop it?! Whats going on with you?!” Seunghyun look at Bom but the latter just smile at her and shrug. He is wondering why Bom is suddenly acting like that.

 

“Nothing” Bom comes forward to Dara and Kris and put her hands on the two. “I’m just teasing them. Don’t they look good together?”

 

“I know that already noona”

 

“Are we going to continue this? Because Bom I don’t have time for this!” Seunghyun sounds serious. Bom looks at him and her smile fades. She doesn’t like him to get mad at her.

 

“Ok. Ok. Let’s go to the barn, geez you’re so serious” She holds Seunghyun hands and look at Dara and smile.

 

“You have the nerve to laugh?” Dara is really annoyed at Kris. She hated herself  for expecting something on  Kris.

 

“What babe!? Comeon it’s obvious that noona is really and I mean REALLY jealous of you. She seems threaten it’s the first time that I’ve seen her like that!” Kris said, he wants to keep the smile on his face but he can’t help it.

 

“Yeah obviously, and it’s so obvious that you are enjoying it aswell! Instead of taming the fire you fan the fire! And will you stop calling me babe Kris! I don’t want people think that we are an item!” Dara stand up she was about to get out of the kitchen but Kris holds her wrist.

 

“I’m sorry babe ok? A threaten Bom is just a sight.” He bows his head so that Dara want see that there is still a smile on his face.

 

“Didn’t I just tell you stop calling me Babe!!”

 

Kris looks up to Dara, he can tell that she is serious. It was really a bad move that he laugh instead of telling Bom to stop. But what can he do its entertaining. “I know you don’t mean it, you’re just mad.”

 

“Yeah right!! Clean the table before you leave, you !!” Dara annoyingly said and leave the kitchen, she slam the door loudly on Kris!! But the guy just laugh it off.

 

 

“This is interesting Sandara Park, who would’ve thought?” Kris takes out his phone and goes to his logs and as always 2 rings she picks up.

 

“You were right, I can’t believe it”

 

“I told you. She is different from the others the way his actions and stares to her is the giveaway”

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you guys for the upvote and i really love reading your comments. Please dont forget to Subscribe ^.^