CRUSH ----> LIKE?

Drovers Run

 

 

*Dagging also known as Crutching -  removal of wool from around the tail and between the rear legs of a sheep

 

 

 

 

 

 

HOLY GUACAMOLE!! There is a reason why I don’t like mustering! The sheeps are in chaos and Roy is playing with the sheeps and not listening to me. Since when did they become friends?!!!

 

“Roy Get Behind!!” I instructed Roy, I slightly tap Blaze to move forward. “I said ROY get Behi~nd!” I shouted again.

 

“ROY GET BACK!” I heard Chaerin shouted firmly and what do you know Roy run fast and follows. Chaerin then lead the way and I am a little annoyed to her so when I am behind her I am making face on every command she gave to Roy hihihi.. Silent revenge. That’s sad.

 

 

We reach Drovers and safely put the sheeps on the pen. I immediately went to the shed where we out our tools and get the portable sheerer and the clippers as well. I went back to the pen and show it to Chaerin.

 

“These are fine for dagging right? So which one do you want?” I ask her but she is getting out of the sheep pen and closing the door.

 

“They need docking first” Chaerin told

 

“Yeah I know! I’m just preparing” I put down the tools and get the gloves and I saw Chaerin roll her eyes at me.

 

“Do you have a problem with me being in charge?” I confronted “I’m quite capable you know?”

 

“NO I don’t have.. It’s just that I really like to watch movies and I really really like nachos”  she whines

 

“Great now I understand” I am mixing the formulas to start the docking when I notice that Chae is leaving “Where are you going?”

 

“Im thirsty” she snapped at me

 

“Well don’t be long cause I really need your help Please!” I beg

 

“Whatever”  I watch her walk lazily. I look at the sheeps and huff my chest. Well I will do it by myself then.

 

“Ok wools” I said while mixing the formulas on my bucket to put on their crotches “ Get ready cause I will surely scared all the flies out of you!”

 

I pulled one sheep and lay it down, I put some of the formula on his crotch and pick the clippers on my belt pocket and slowly removing the wool on its tail while some flies are flying on my face. I then continue on the back legs slowly.

 

“One down, heaps to go!” I tried to sound cheerful.

 

++

 

 

BOM

 

Finally the seminar of Day 1 is done, I want to  say that I had fun listening but I didn’t. I look for Kris but he is busy socializing with the crowd.  So I just check the equipment for the Horse Insemination pretending I am curious with it.

 

“What are you doing here Noona? You should talk to people. Do you know that Youngbae is the one who is handling the Bloodlines here in Colusa?” he informed me and that is a bad news.

 

“Well I guess my purpose here is not relevant, my plan is dissolve already”

 

“I didn’t know you’ll give up that fast. Socializing is needed but skills is the requirement and comeon we both know that you are good at it” I feel proud after Kris said that.

 

“Looks like your wife is calm now, Kris” Kris and I look at each other and laughs

 

“Man she is not my wife. I am way too young for her” I slam the whatever thing I am holding to Kris head

 

“Hey I am not that old!” Youngbae and Kris laughs at me

 

“I apologize I thought you two are couple because you came here together” Youngbae explained, as if it matters. I hate whatever words get out from his mouth.

 

“It’s cool bro, nice presentation and explanation too” Kris said and he is obviously kissing .

 

“Well it is not cool with me” I said while giving him a glare but Kris nudge while the small eyed guy just smile.

 

“How long have you been doing this?” Kris interjected and I perk up my ears.

 

 “Five years now but I just move here in kallani. I was originally located at Napa then the Bloodlines transfer me here”

“Why did you transfer here? I bet you did something bad at NAPA!” I immediately accused him.

 

“Noona!” Kris scolds me but I just scowl at him

 

“Don’t tell me you still can’t get over what happen earlier” Younbae who looks funny asks

 

“I didn’t even know what happen earlier. So stop talking” I glared at Youngbae again.

 

“Noona why don’t you just go outside to catch some air” Kris instructed me, he is getting embarrassed on my attitude and he doesn’t want to be implicated.

 

“Why don’t you make him go instead of me” I comeback to Kris

 

“Youngbae I am sorry for my noona’s attitude” Kris leans forward to Youngbae and whisper something “She always want to be the last word and earlier you hurt her pride a little bit” he told him and Youngbae just nods

 

“I better go and talk to others. They might need some assistance and you know”  Before he finish what he is saying I cutted it.

 

“Can you just go I don’t want to know”

“I am interested. Go on” Kris encourage Youngbae to finish it.

“Well I notice that in Maxwell there is no one running a breeding program there and I heard the Choi’s and Drovers are the two ranches, who can qualify they have nice equipment and skills” Kris glance and give a sly smile at me. I can only punch myself in the gut!

 

“Breeding program huh”Kris cross his arms.

“Yeah, In any case you are interested just give me a call” Youngbae giving Kris his calling card “I am happy to check your place and to see if you have skills ofcourse”

 

“He will not do it, his brother Seunghyun will” Bom butted in

 

“Seunghyun? Seunghyun Choi?” Youngbae asks and his face lit up.

 

“Yeah he is my older brother. He is the one who manage our Ranch” Kris answered to him

 

“What a small word! I am friends with Seunghyun” Kris face lit up this time. “I met him when he went to College in SanFo ” He excitedly tells Kris.

 

“That’s right he study in Sanfo” Kris confirms

“I tought he is not here in CA anymore, I lost his number” Youngbae sounds excited and the voice in my head sound depressing. Why he isn’t giving me his calling card yet!

 

“I can give it to you, I am sure hyung will be surprise too”

 

Bom just look at the two and they look already chummy and all. And in her mind all she can think is how stupid is. Good thing is Choi is not planning any breeding program. Yes that’s right I can just get his calling card to Kris!

 

++

 

Drovers Run

 

Dara is panting after she dags the 13th sheep. Chaerin is helping her but she is moving slow.

“Chaerin you can do faster” I told her while she is putting formulas on the crotch of the sheep.

 

“Unnie do you know that I don’t dag?” She straighten up her posture aster she release the sheep that she just finish dagging.

 

“For someone who doesn’t dag, you are doing a pretty good job” Dara is ignoring all the complain that she is getting from Chaerin this day, she just want to finish the job.

 

“Bom Unnie didn’t tell you to do these. She clearly said that we just have to make sure that all the livelihood are in their pens!” She hyped up to Dara

 

“There are fly strike on the sheeps Chae so we need to take it out!” I insisted to her

 

“But I don’t dag!! I don’t do it!!” she fired up to me

 

“Are you shouting at me Chaerin? Don’t forget that I am the Boss right now!!” Dara reminded her.

“You are!! But let’s be real unnie, you don’t know much here.. That’s why Bom unnie just gave you the basic thing to do!!” Chaerin really didn’t do any any dagging up it’s mostly her mom and Gummy who does it, she knows how to do it but never did it. She doesn’t want flies and her face facing the sheeps crotch.

 

“That is why I need to do this! To show Unnie that I can be trusted here!! Just do your job!” She fires to Chaerin. She want to show Bom, the she can trust Drovers to her, sure she doesn’t know much but she is a fast learner!

 

“You don’t have to rush everything Dara Unnie, You’ve just been here for what a two month and half or less? Take it easy”  she softly said, she understands her but she doesn’t really need to rush it.

 

“I know that voice don’t pity me. Just help me out here. Unnie will be happy if she comes back here and learned that we muster and daggs the sheeps without her.” I pleaded to her.

 

Both of them work much better now but Chaerin still complaining about mostly everything. Dara looks on how much sheeps they need to dag and she can only sigh. Heaps, lots, and tons. The two of them will need extra hand if she want it to be finish before the sun sets.

 

“Chaerin, Dara. I’ve been waiting for the two of you to come up. Its past 1 already, take your lunch now” Aunt Eunju said to the two of them.

 

“That’s why my stomach is growling!!” Chaerin voice out. She quickly put down her clippers and went out of the pen.

 

“Im sorry Auntie, I lost the track of time” Dara apologize

 

“Its ok, comeon now so you two can have lunch and rest a little before dags up again.”

 

As soon as I enter the house and saw the food on the table I realized that I am hungry. I put the sandwich on my mouth and munch it. It was just a simple turkey with mash avocado and some greens but its heavenly delish. Aunt Eunju put her home made sweet potato fries on my plate and I am delighted.

 

“This is delish Auntie” I told her and continue eating

 

“Mom, I didn’t know you can make sandwich. You should do this often” Dara nodded her head, agreeing on Chaerin.

 

“I didn’t do that” she told us.

 

“Since when did you start buying lunch mom?”  Chae asks while putting salt on her fries.

 

“I didn’t buy that either. Seunghyun brought that here” Dara didn’t expects that and get the fresh juice infront of her and gulped.

 

“Seunghyun oppa?” Chaerin look on Dara, she then smile to her meaningfully.

 

“Yes, he said that he had too much avocado so he decides to make a sandwich and there is a lot I guess so he gave us some” Aunt Eunju who is surprise aswell on Seunghyun’s appearance earlier with a bag of sandwich on his hands.

 

“Why gave it to us not on his workers? ..Fishy..” Chaerin replied and glance at Dara.

 

“I don’t know Chaerin, just be thankful that your oppa brought you sandwich” Aunt Eunju dismiss and went to the pantry.

“What do you think unnie?” Chaerin ask Dara who is quietly eating her lunch.

 

“Of what?” I innocently ask

 

“Of why Seunghyun oppa made a sandwich for us?” Chaerin taps her chin and slyly smile to Dara “I think, the mouse is playing while the cat is away”

 

Dara looks at Chaerin, she knows what she is indicating. Seunghyun is too handsome to be a mouse! “I know what you are trying to say. Don’t” I tell her. I pick up my plate and walk out of the dining room.

 

“Where are you going?” Chaerin ask her.

 

“I’m going to eat in my room. I know that you’re not going to stop so I’ll take my leave”

 

“Defensive!” She put her tongue out on me.

 

“Snoopy!” I backfire and walked out.

I searched for my phone when I reached my room. Chaerin will never stop teasing me if I didn’t get out of there, I should be pissed with her but I can’t stop myself smiling. I take my phone out of the charger and there is a 2 new message from him.

 

Seunghyun:

It’s almost lunch time. Don’t work yourself too much..

11:00 AM

 

Hope you like the sandwich. I guess that you are overworking since you didn’t reply and I am right. Auntie looks surprise when I appear there with a bag of sandwich on my hand I just made a lame excuse, hope she bought it.

1:10 PM

 

 

As soon as she finish reading his messages she calls him. He is not answering; I look at the time and it2:05. It’s his napping time. I pick the sandwich on my plate and bite on it. How sweet of him to made this for me. Hold your thoughts Dara!  He didn’t make it for you, he made it for you and Chae so don’t put malice to it! I reprimand myself. My phone then rings and smile on my face appear, I pick it up quickly.

 

“I’m sorry, I was napping” His voice obviously still wants to nap.

 

“It’s ok. I just want to say thank you. You don’t have to do that” I told him

 

“That’s nothing, did you enjoy it?”

 

I nodded even though he doesn’t see me “I did. Its delicio~so” I said emphasizing the last word and I heard him softly chuckled.

 

“I’m glad you like it. Don’t overwork, there is still tomorrow” I heard him, I can hear on his voice that he is fighting the sleepiness.

 

“Ok, go back to your nap now Seunghyun-ah” I said softly to him

 

“Do you know that I love it when you call me that way?” I hold my phone tightly as I don’t want him to know that I am giddy.

 

“You obviously need to go back to sleep” I said pretending I am ok.

“Mmm” was the only word he replied. He must be tired so I just end the call. I am smiling so big right now that I feel like my lips will tear apart if I won’t stop it. Why am I become like this? Am I crushing on Seunghyun? I then shake my head. I shouldn’t, it’s already bad that I am doing this behind Bom, so having a crush on him will make it worst. But how can I not like him?

 

WAIT!! I put some fries on my mouth. I said crush right? Admiration! Why did it get promoted on liking him like in half a second?

 

 

A/N IM SORRY if this chappy is BORING!! 

SUBSCRIBE ♥ COMMENT ^.^