SAN

Drovers Run

 

 

 

It’s raining and Because of that we are stranded  in the pub.

 

“It’s such a bummer, we haven’t done anything yet besides watching the bulls” Seunghyun voice out his discontentment.

 

“We are still in California oppa so I am sure it’ll stop soon”

 I admit it’s really a bummer that we are stuck here in the pub. There still a lot to do in the fair and Seunghyun oppa looks bored as hell. I look around the pub and I saw a pool and an idea automatically pop to my mind.

 

“Let’s play pool!” I told him

 

“O right! I forgot about it. Do you want to bet on something to make it fun?” He suggest and that makes me smile a little wickedly because I am good at playing pool

 

“Sure.. hmmm.. Let me think.. What’s your first”

 

He leans on his chair and subtly holding his chin. He is obviously thinking and then  I look at him again he got his grin back.

 

“Ok I got mine, if I win I need to have something from you and your going to give it to me no questions ask” he stated as if he got a bright idea.

 

“No problem!” I confidently answer. I know that I will win this game I am good at it I always beat Seungri!

 

“Cool! So what’s yours?” he ask me

 

“Mine is…mmhmm.. You have to go to a dinner date with Bom Unnie!”  I exclaimed with excitement.

Good Idea Dara.. I was patting my back, I am sure Bom unnie will be happy with this and Seunghyun can’t do anything.

 

“That’s it? Ok call” he surprisingly agrees.

 

“You agree? I mean it Seunghyun if I win you have to date her no backing out ok?” I confirmedly ask

 

“I said call and I’m serious. Are you scared you will lose?” He smug

 

“Will see~” I confidently answer. Seunghyun doesn’t know what he is in for. I smirked on my mind.

 

+++

 

We both made our way on the pool table and we both agree that we have to win 2 games to be a winner. I am playing for the solid balls and he is playing for stripes ball.  Seunghyun then order a beer for both of us. Its only 4:00 pm and I am not used to drink beer at this time, but when I look around, most people here drink already, it’s like I’m in Australia that even its only 12 noon they are drinking already.

 

“Ladies first” he told me while gulping some of his beer.

 

 

I get one of the cue stick and pick the cue cube first and position myself to serve. Once I hit the cue ball 2 balls are already gone. I look at Seunghyun and he looks surprise and I just shrug at him.

 

“Looks like someone is playing pool on L.A” he said and drinks again while watching me

 

I aimed for the cue ball again and the ball 1 instantly went in and as soon as the ball 3 went too, seunghyun lets out a sigh. And another one when ball 4 went in as well. I look at him smugly and ask for my beer.

 

“Did you deliberately ask me to play pool because you are good at it?”

 

“No! ofcourse not” I cunningly answer.

 

I go back to the pool table again and I was aiming for ball 6 this time. I hit the cue ball a little strong and I sadly miss. Seunghyun stand up and pick his cue stick, he angle himself on the wrong side and hit the cue ball too stong which made the balls bumped into each other.

 

“Damn it!” he shrieked. And from that point I know that I will win! AS-SA!

 

“Don’t worry you will get your turn again later” I playfully while patting his back

 

“Don’t play too well” I heard him

 

I used my cue box again while strategizing on how to aim on ball 6 and once I see a clean shot. I lean forward and position my cue stick aiming on the center of the cue ball and instantly it went inside by this time my confidence are growing and I play too well that I finish the first game. Oh well what do you expect.. as I said I always beat Seungri :p

 

“Not fair you’re being too competitive” He protests.

 

“Seunghyun it’s only the first game, I’ll give way this time” I said to him but on my mind it was You Wish!!  I can already see a delighted Bom unnie once I tell her that Seunghyun will bring her to a dinner date.. kyahh Dara what a nice dongsaeng you are. I was all smiles while imagining it when I heard Seunghyun again.

 

“Why are you smiling like a crazy ajumma there?!” he muttered while confusedly looking at me “Go ahead and start the 2nd round.”

 

He looks eager to start the game I guess he is so eager to lose too.. Hihihi Dara don’t be mean play nice and give him chance once in a while.

 

“tch what’s the rush?” I muttered to him, he tilted his head on the side and show his boyish smile again that I’m starting to like, he just looks so irresistible when he does that.

 

“Here we go!” I hit the cue ball and luckily I got 2 ball pocket, the god of pool must be on my side right now.. Most of the solid balls spread nicely and it’ll be easy for me to pocket them. I was aiming for my green ball it was saddening that the 9 went in.

 

“Finally I got my turned” I heard him said

 

“I told you, I’ll give you some chance right?” I said to annoy him

 

He holds his stick like it’s his first time holding it but when he aims on the red ball it went in. Not a bad shot for him. I gulped on my beer again and he misses again to pocket a ball.

 

“Today is really not my day” He whined and stomp his feet which I find cute. Who can tell that this grown man whine like a kid.

 

I patted his back and give him his beer “Don’t be too hard on yourself Seunghyun.”

 

“Easy for you to say since your pocketing the balls” he replied with an annoyance

 

I just laugh at him, 3 more balls and I’ll win, I look at the table and a crease formed on my forhead and I twitched my lips. The brown ball that I should pocket are mostly surrounded by 2 stripes and the cue ball is not helping aswell, if I shot the  stripes infront  that directs to my ball what in front of it is stripes aswell.  Well if I miss it, I am sure he will miss a ball in the process as well.

 

I hit the cue ball and as I expected I miss it. He looks happy that I miss that he eagerly tells me to move a side and positioned him.

 

“God of pool is still with me.” That’s because he finish the game. he holds his cue stick sloppily but he still able to pocket the balls. God is really with him.

 

“Congrats now let’s play the 3rd round so will know who will really win.” I told him and he looks cheerful because he is the one who will start the game.

 

“OK, let’s get started!” He said with a thrilled voice.

 

Seunghyun positioned himself lower than his stance earlier and his eyes are straight  on the  cue ball, same level with his shoulder and his elbow bent and when he hit the ball with his one leg lift 4 balls are pocketed and 3 of them are his! A big O formed on my mouth and I look at him, he is beaming at me and winks ;)

 

I standup when I saw him aiming the black ball and if he pocketed that he will win, when I look at the table the black ball will be difficlut to pocket so in my mind he is being ambitious. But my mouth form another O when Seunghyun performed a bank shot! A BANK SHOT!

 

I immediately go to him and slap his arm.

 

“Did you just play on me?!” I yelled to him annoyingly but he just laugh and laugh and I keep on throwing my fist on his arms.

“I just got lucky!” he defended himself. But his smile right now says everything. He pretended that he doesn’t know how to play!!

 

“Dara Unnie what are you doing to Seunghyun oppa?” It was Chaerin with Mino.

 

I instantly dropped my hand from hitting him but Seunghyun still laughing at me, who wouldn’t be?

 

“He tricked me! He pretended not to be good on pool!” I complain on Chaerin like a child and don’t care on what Mino will think of me.

 

“You play pool with hyung??”  Mino asked with a surprise look on his face

 

“Yeah and he trick me, he pretends that he doesn’t know how!!”  I know Im older than these 2 but Im like a kid telling on Seunghyun.

 

“You will never win on him he is the best here and he even won on national game.” Mino informed me  on how wonderfully good Seunghyun is and I  looks like a fool earlier thinking I will win good thing I’m not thinking out loud!

 

“See!!! He fool me!!” I yelled again and punch his arms!!

 

“Hey Hey, you’re the one who wants to play not me, I just oblige!” He said while laughing

 

“But oppa you used your trick again, observing the opponent, missing shots, gave difficult positions then when she miss you hit the 8 ball and wins” My eyes grew once again because that’s what exactly he did to me.

 

“But your unnie is really good, I even thought I will loose” He said while his arms slung to my shoulder

 

“Yeah right! I still can’t believe you do that.. I really thought that I will win I almost taste it that’s why I’m so pissed!!”  And pinch his side again.

 

“I’m sorry ok. Won’t happen again next time” he said while side hugging me.

 

“Whatever! you got to buy me another beer for tricking me like that!” I replied to him

 

“I’ll even buy you a 6 pack and drive you to your house and be your slave for a day!”  He stated that made me laugh.

 

“Slave for a day?? I should make you my slave for a week!!” I pinch him  again that makes his hold on me tighter

 

“Uh.. guys in case you didn’t notice Mino and I are still here!” I heard Chaerin whom I really forget

 

Seunghyun look at them and his arms is still not leaving my shoulder and when I notice that Chaerin eyes is looking at his  arm placement I swiftly reach for my Beer that makes me release on Seunghyun’s arm.

 

“By the way Sandara this Mino” Seunghyun introduce him as we really not introduced yet.

 

“Hi Mino, Im Dara” I reached my hand to him and he gave me a handshake

 

“Nice to meet you noona, does anyone tells you that you are pretty?”  He said shyly

 

“YAH SONG MINO!!! Am I invisible to you?!” Chaerin yells that makes Mino embarrassed

 

“Of course not. You know that you are beautiful in my eyes” Chaerin instantly smile and cling her arms on Mino.

 

“I knew it, its ok if you’ll have a crush on Dara unnie but just a crush ok?”  Chaerin said with her aegyo voice

 

“Ok and with that, I will take my leave now children” I look at Seunghyun and he is not even glancing at me. We were together for almost the whole day already? Don’t tell me, he doesn’t like my company anymore.

 

“Congrats on your win earlier hyung as the usual you are the best!” Mino praising Seunghyun which I won’t deny how well he is really earlier.

 

“We both know that the title will be mine anyway” Seunghyun beastly reply and gave his goodbye to us and that really leaves me puzzle. Why did he left me alone here, we are clearly having fun together.

 

“You are not with oppa, unnie?” Chaerin questioned me.

 

I thought so too, I voiced in my mind “Obviously not” I bitterly said. “Oh well, I’m going to take my leave as well, the rain has stop already. I think I can explore a little more on the fair”

 

“Ok unnie, you take care ok, call me if you need anything” she said and I am thankful she didn’t question my actions with Seunghyun earlier

 

“I will for sure. And it was nice to meet you Mino and thank you for the praise earlier, I think I like you now” I said to him playfully

 

“You’re welcome noona and have fun” He tells me and I walk out  on the pub.

As I got out my instinct is true earlier, the sun is out already. I look on my watch and its 5 in the afternoon already.

 

“What took you so long?!” I heard someone beside me and it was Seunghyun.

 

“I thought you left already?” I said and my voice sound a little too cheerful. He pulls my hand and we walk away on the pub.

 

“Well I just did that because you seem uncomfortable when Chaerin was looking on my arm around you and you pretended to get your beer to get out of it.” I look at him and got amaze at the same time I feel worried on what he will think.

 

“Did that offend you?” I ask him with a worried voice that I can’t hide

 

“No. I understand” He simply replies

 

“Seunghyun, it’s not because of Kris ok. It’s just I didn’t told Chaerin yet that..”

 

“It’s ok Sandara, you don’t have to explain. You didn’t do anything wrong, If anyone of us did. It was me, I just slung my arm around you without thinking that it might make you feel uncomfortable.”

 

“But I didn’t feel uncomfortable!” I blurted “I was comfortable too so don’t think that way!” I continue and a boyish smile was plastered on his face and I didn’t know that I was smiling too.

 

“That’s.. That’s really nice to know” He muttered and he lift his  arm in the air and tilted his head on the side signaling me to come to it so he can put it on my shoulder, I walk beside him and he place it on my shoulder and we both just chuckled on how silly we look like.

 

Both of us go back in the fair but didn’t stay for long, we played different kinds of games and I learned that he can play well on most of it but not in quoits I beat him to it and he bought me a cotton candy for that and another thing that I discover was both of loves sweet.

 

“It’s getting late, I’ll drive you home”  he said when he looks on his watch. I look on mine too and it’s already 8:30pm. I check on my phone and I got 4 miss calls from Bom unnie, I even forgot to ring her that I was fine she must be worrying about me.

 

“Yes.  Please Bom Unnie called me already I forgot to call her just to say I’m fine”

 

“In that case we really need to go and give her a call when were on the car.”

 

We reach his car and he open the door for me. I watch him walk and enter the car aswell. When he was sitting already beside I took my phone on my pocket to call Bom unnie”

 

“oh wait” I look at him questionably “I need to get my price now for winning on the pool”

 

“What is it that you wanna get from me? I’m curious too” I told him

 

“Since your phone is out I want to get your number” I look at him dumbfounded, and just shake my head and smirk

 

“Seunghyun we don’t have to play pool for you to get my number you can just ask for it.” I said

 

“Well isn’t it nice that I work hard first to get your number?” He smugly replies “Someone told me that, the harder you get something, more precious it became to you.”

 

“Tch whatever, give me your phone so I can dial my number and I can get yours aswell!” I was grinning its funny if you think of it.  He works hard for it just to get my number but truthfully I feel special and I haven’t felt that for a long time.

 

“Now that’s a smooth”

 

“What is?” I ask

 

“You getting my number” I’m dumbfounded again, “give me your phone so I can dial my number and I can get yours aswell” he said even mimicking voice.

 

“Don’t flatter yourself!” I defensively said but both of us just laugh.

 

I called Bom unnie. as soon as she answer her phone a worried voice greeted me. I instantly told her that I was actually fine and I just forgot the time as I was enjoying the fair. I also informed her  that I was on my way home so there really no need to worry.

 

“Here we are, Drovers Run” he announced once the car arrived on the front house

 

“Seunghyun I really had fun today. Thank you” I sincerely said to him

 

“Thank you too, you made this day enjoyable for me too”

 

“So.. Ill see you around?”

 

“Where else would I be?” He humoredly said “Goodnight Sandara”

 

“Goodnight Seunghyun and thanks for the ride” I said and get out on the car.

 

I wave goodbye to him, when he is out of sight already I turn my heel and I saw Bom unnie on the window of her room looking at me and base on her face she seems not pleased and I think I know why.

 

 

 

A/N: Dont forget to subcribe and comment ^.^