Kallani

Drovers Run

 

 

 

 

Bom is double checking her suitcase if all that she needs are in there already when Dara enters her room with her distress face.

 

“Unnie are you ready to go?” Dara inquire.

 

“Yeah I’m all done I’m just checking if I miss anything else” Dara sits on Bom’s bed “I left you the basic work that needed to be done so put your feet up and pretends that its Sunday” Bom tells to Dara.

 

“Yeah. but its Monday. All the jobs that you left me are ordinary, there must be something CHALLENGING” she emphasize on the last word.

 

“Actually there is” Dara’s eyes twinkle and she got excited

 

“What?”

 

“Help me close the suitcase” Dara got disappointed but help Bom closing her suitcase. “Don’t overdo things ok? Just do what I left you to do. Ask Gummy and Chaerin if you don’t know how to do it”

 

“You don’t go a lot don’t you unnie?”

 

“Just some days” Bom answered smiling

 

“You trust me, don’t you?” Bom straightened up and sits beside Dara “Ofcourse I do, I just don’t want to dump heaps of work to you, while I’m having a good time”

 

“It’s a seminar unnie!!! How can that be a good time!” I emphasize on the good time and roll my eyes on her, who is having a good time on seminars?!

 

“It’s about horse insemination that should be good” Bom cheerfully said and Dara just huff.

 

Both of US turns are head when someone is honking outside. “That must be Kris” Dara said.

 

“That will be Sungmin” Bom injected. “Do you like gifts?”

 

“Ofcourse I do!!” Dara got excited. Bom brings her suitcase and both of them went downstairs. It was Sungmin he is the mailman.

 

We offer Sungmin breakfast as we know that he drives from Bristol to here and that is a long drive and it’s a custom already on Drovers on feeding people coming here.

 

Bom gave a box to Dara and the latter is so excited to see on what it is.

 

“A new Boots!!”she was elated it means something big to her that Bom is gaving her  a new pair of work boots. Proper work boots for ranch.

 

“They are just like yours unnie” Dara’s hand is tingling with happiness. “They’re fantastic” She hugged Bom.

 

“Well I just thought it might make you feel a..”

 

“In charge” Aunt Eunju continued. Then there is a honk again.

 

“That is Kris” Bom said. “I’ll get going now. Remember pretend its Sunday!” She tells her before she left.

 

“You heard that Dara? Let’s all pretend its Sunday”Gummy said to Dara and went out.

 

Dara smells the boots and tapped it “Proper work boots, now I feel like I’m the boss.” She proudly said.

 

“There is nothing much to do today!” Aunt Eunju said then left. Dara felt like they are not trusting her to do the work.

 

Dara went upstairs to change her clothes to working clothes when her phone rings. She looks for it and found it under the blanket she hurriedly pressed the green button.

 

“Unnie gave me a proper work boots!” she yells at excitement and the person on the other line laughs.

 

“That is a nice gesture from Bom. Did she leave you with a lot of work?”

 

Dara’s started to undress and pick her working clothes. “Sadly no. just the basic things to do”

 

“Why do you sound upset then, Don’t you like that?  Not much work for you?”

 

“Seunghyun-ah, that means she doesn’t trust me with other things!” She whimpers.

 

“Nahh, don’t think that way she just don’t want to pile you up” He is trying to cheer her up and give sense on Bom’s decision.

 

“Whatever! I am wearing my new boots today.” She boasted. “Uhh.. Mmm”

 

“What?” Seunghyun ask

 

“Do you.. I mean, are you.. wait is it..” Dara can’t finish what she wants to ask him she felt a little shy on what she want to ask him.

 

“What is it? Don’t tell me your getting shy now?” he teases.

 

“AS IF!” Dara blurted and both of them laugh.

 

“Then what is it?”

 

“It’s just.. Hold on” Dara put down her phone first then breathes deeply 2 times.. “It’s just I want to ask if.. if you..uhmm” she fidgety continues.

 

“Geez I didn’t know I got this effect on you” her heartbeat started to race. She put her hands on the middle of her chest as if she can stop it.

 

“Don’t humor me Seunghyun ok?! I just.. Just can’t find my uhh hair grip!”

 

“AS IF!” yeah that is Seunghyun AS IF-ing Dara.

 

“Okay! Ok! I just want to no erase that uhmm do you..” Gosh does he really have an effect on me? I throw my head back and slap my forehead. Do I really have to ask that my heart is pounding and I am shy to ask him. What is happening!

 

“Sandara? I need to go now. Mino is calling me” I heard him say and I can’t end the call without asking him. I just can’t!

 

“Wait!! ok.. I just want to ask if you, you know or I. wait, wait you know its better if I..” I keep on changing my mind its bananas!

 

“Can you made up your mind?” I heard him, it’s funny that he is not annoyed right now at me because if I was him I already yelled at him.

 

“Ok don’t think of anything ok? Don’t give even put a meaning  to it. I’m just you know and because uhmm” Yeah im mumbling.

 

“Sandaraaa~”

 

“Wellijustwannaaskifyouwannacomeherelatersowecanhangouttogether” I said without breathing, Dara slammed her head on her pillow after that.

 

“Now hold up. Don’t you know how to pause? They didn’t invented the comma for nothing”

 

Dara lift her head from the pillow. “You didn’t hear it? OH man!” I’m totally appalled how can I repeat it and ask him again.

 

“How did you expect me to get that” He paused  “But are you sure that its fine if I go there and they saw me with you?” I heard him say.

 

 I smiled.. A big one.

 

“Why do I got a feeling that you are mhmm uhh you know mm wait.. hold up.. it’s just..uhh” he teases

 

“AS IF!” we both said on the same time and laugh at the same time.

 

“So you coming later?” I softly ask again.

 

“How can I not go if you asks me to” My heart leaps. Why my heart does leap?!?!

 

“I’ll see you later then Seunghyun-ah”

 

“Later Sandara” I put my face down on my pillow and scream as soon I end the call.

 

“Are you getting nutty?” I heard a voice. I look at the door and its Chaerin and Auntie. I instantly stand up and bun my hair and fix my clothes.

 

“So what are we going to do?” I ask them a little too cheerfully in my taste. But both of them didn’t answer me and just look at each other.

 

“Chaerin, weren’t you out there this morning?” she looks at me “was there any problems?”

 

“Uhmm there was a flies blowing on sheeps over the hills”

 

I got excited on what she said, I am not just going to feed the cattles and sheeps “That’s good, that’s good we can treat that on the spot”

 

“But there are heaps of them they needed to be brought that is a big  job” she complains

 

“Yeah we’ll leave that till Bom’s back” Auntie agreed.

 

“Flies strike! They need dagging!” I insisted.

 

“What? Today?!” Chaerin questions me and her tone is obviously doesn’t like my idea.

 

“Well why not? We have you, Auntie and Gummy unnie”

 

“Gummy is not here right now she went to Bristols to get some supplies and I have a house to clean” Auntie informed me. “And there is too many sheeps to for you two to muster on your own” she added

 

“No we can do it, we can get Roy to help us” I insisted.

 

“No way!” Chaerin who is not liking whatever I said right now.

 

“Comeon Chaerin we can do it” I hold her hand and pull her with me outside. I am excited to do things for Drovers!

 

++

 

 

“Bloody Mary! My phone is dead!!” Bom forgot to charged her phone last night “Kris where is your car charger”

 

“I don’t have one. It’s broken” He casually reply

 

“Well  let me borrow your phone I need to call home”

 

“Why?”

 

“To say hello”

 

“Or to check on how’s Dara doing?” I look at him and give him a glare

 

“She is wearing a boots right now I just don’t want her to fill it in too much on one day” I am really worried that Dara will do many things in Drovers. I am hoping that they are ok.

 

“She will be fine don’t worry”  He assured.

 

“I hope so.. by the way, it seems like you are on the lay low mode with Dara”

 

“Can I leak first before I answer that?” I nodded. His face is telling me he needed to. We park on the side of the road which even if we park on the middle there is no car passing by. While Kris is watering the tree, I went to the driver’s seat, I clearly remember that he said that,  the one who drives the one who manage the music. I laugh quietly. Finally! He’s been playing Metallica for an hour now!

 

“What are you doing there noona?” he is asking the obvious

 

“Hop in” Even if he doesn’t want too there is nothing he can do now. I take out his ipod and put my ipod on and the corrs are finally in my ears. Now I can enjoy his car. We are not that far on kallani we only need to Drove for hour and half more. I look at Kris and he is not too happy with my choice of music.

 

“So what happen between you and Dara” I started again.

 

“Dara and I are just friends noona” He is busy with his phone.

 

“Friends? You two almost had !!” He looks at me then smile. I can’t believe Kris will say that! Friends? He will be friends with my sister if he s her already. Wait! “KRIS CHOI!! You my sister?!”

 

Kris laughs hysterically at Bom. “Noona I wish you can see your face! It was worth it to post on my IG”

 

Bom pinch Kris arm deeply. “Ouch! Aw..aw.. Noona hands on steering wheel” He is caressing his arms now Bom pinch is like a punch on the gut.

 

“We didn’t do it ok? I didn’t your sister” Your language Kris

 

“You started it.” He hissed

 

“My bad!” I hold my both hands up for a second. “Soo you are not, you know going to woo her?”

 

Kris looks at me with amusement on his face “You want me to woo your sister?!” He is laughing now as if he is high.

 

“What’s funny?”

 

“YOU! I am Kris Choi and you want me to woo your sister?” He continues to laugh “I am a manwhore, I played with girls heart, I will really love to your sister but It doesn’t me there is feelings involve” I grimaced on what I heard.

 

“Ive known you Kris before you became the manwhore of Colusa and I know the Kris before knows how to love” I sincerely said but to my surprise he just laugh at me.

 

“Noona what gotten into you? The Kris before is long gone. The Kris before is boring, all he does is ride a horse, follow his brother and drink with him in the pub. I can’t even talk to girls before”

 

“I do remember that, you idolize Seunghyun” The Choi Brothers before are inseparable. If there is Kris, Seunghyun is there and vice versa.

 

“Even though I know I’m better than him” There is an anger on his voice “In..EVERYTHING” he pointed the last word.

“Ofcourse you are!” she tried to sound cheerful! “Duhh look how many girls go after you and will do everything just for you to talk to them”

 

“I prefer on who I am now noona.” He cutted me and he is serious.  “I move on from what I am before. So you should move on too on whatever you feel for hyung” I snapped my head to him.

 

“Why it comes down to me?” I feel irritated. Whatever I feel for Seunghyun is not his business.

 

“What I am just telling you is accept the he will not look at you the same way he looks at Dara” My chest feels like someone just sledgehammer me.

 

“Don’t.. Stop..” was the only word I said.

 

Kris laughs once again. “Noona Im sorry, I’m just messing with you. Now don’t go on ing at Dara when you come back on Drovers ok? She practically doesn’t even look to hyung now” He suddenly assure me.

 

“Will you stop! You’re so obnoxious.. I’m not ing on my sister and I didn’t tell Dara to fend off on Seunghyun” I defended myself

 

“Yeah you didn’t but you’re not stopping it either” Yes I admit I like it and I don’t have any intentions on talking about that to her.

 

“Can we.. Can we just stop talking about Dara and Seunghyun?” I’m a strand of hair away from being pissed.

 

Kris didn’t utter any word to me after I said that. I don’t like what he is saying; I won’t accept what he is saying. I don’t even care on what he said, in my mind Seunghyun doesn’t like Dara and that is a fact.

 

We reach the Kallani without saying anything  much with each other.Finally  I am so ready to park this car already. I was reversing when I hit a door of the other car. Kris and I look at each other and went out immediately.

 

“Nice driving Bom” Kris being his usual sarcastic self and check the back of his car.

 

“How much room do you need?” It was the owner of the car door that I just hit accidentally.

 

“A lot if the door was shut!” I defended myself. I won’t back out! It’s his fault!

 

“I open it assuming you’ll allowed enough room for someone to get in and out of this car” he pointed on his car. He got the nerve to blame it on me?!

 

“You are little tight” Kris voice when he is looking the position of the cars

 

I raise my eye brows to him “It is a parking lot, it meant to be tight”

 

“But it was not so tight on that side” Kris continue on putting it on me.

 

“Why don’t you two compare notes later on” The small eye guy butted in.

 

“Well I already said I am sorry” didn’t he heard it?

 

“No you didn’t” he comeback

 

“Well I’m saying it NOW!” I insisted

 

“I’ll need your details” The guy said and I saw Kris smirked on me.

 

“What for?!!” Is he crazy?

 

“So I can send you the bill” Yeah he is crazy! Theres is no damage!

 

“It isn’t my entire fault!!” I look at Kris for help but the kid just wiggle his brows to me and watch us.

 

“You were the one reversing, you should learn to judge your distances. Better!” He then walks to back of his car and getting something.

 

“Next time let me drive noona and stop playing The Corrs so you can concentrate” Kris whisper to me and that earn him a kick on his leg.

 

“He is stupid and just want to get some  money” I hissed

 

“That’s a bit harsh” Kris then walks to the Drivers side “Let me do it, you don’t want to hit another car don’t you?” He is really obnoxious.

 

++

“Where are you going noona?” He whispered as I keep on walking to the front

 

“I wanna seat in front”

 

“Comeon, atleast we can sneak out on the back”  Typical Kris. I shake my head on him.

“I don’t want to sneak out, I want to seat over here” I bring out my pen and little notebook.The seminar room is not that big. We are seating in front and  the stage is a little tad too close. I look at back checking the idiot guy earlier.

 

“Are you looking for the stupid guy?” Kris ask me while quoting the stupid.

 

“Yeah, I can’t see him here maybe he just a newbie and went home!” I said while checking the faces.

 

“Bom face front”  I heard Kris.

 

“GOOOD MORNING EVERYBODY! I trust you all are well” It was the IDIOT!! He is standing in front he is the one who is going to give the seminar?!!? Ugghhh I kennat live! I look at Kris and he is amaze.

 

“My name is Dong Youngbae, Welcome to Mane Seminar and we are going to discuss first the Horse insemination”

 

Kris leans sideward to me and whispered “You regretting not sitting on the back now I guess”  I can’t do anything but sigh and roll my eyes.

 

 

A/N: Happy New Year!!! Hope you guys will like this chap and look forward to the coming one. Thank you for subscribing and commenting please keep it coming!!!

SUBSCRIBE ♥ COMMENT ^.^