Stupid

Drovers Run

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DARA POV

WOW! Did I just flirt with that Kris Guy? Well who are you to blame me? he is insanely tall which I find attractive since I really don’t have a model length legs. His hazel eyes are just simply mesmerizing, his nose and lips are just perfect and he is full of confidence and appeal. And the big plus is Bom is not interested with him. So who am I to deny that I am attracted to him? Can’t wait to go back here to see him again.

 

“You like Kris?”    I heard Bom. I didn’t even notice that she is beside me already.

 

“I’m attracted to him actually..  He is ridiculously handsome!!”   I excitedly told her   “Does he have a girlfriend or girlfriends?”

 

“That Im not sure. I never seen him with anyone and Seunghyun hasn’t told me anything either so I guess you can wrap him on your tiny  hands.”

 

“Oh I will be you’ll see.. Huh KRIS CHOI!!  Just wait and you’ll be under my spell” I announced

 

“Hahaha.. Your Crazy..   Sooo what’s you’re planned?”

 

“What do you mean?” I hesitantly ask her

 

“About the money you’re asking me…  Dara We can’t avoid that forever. I know that you’re trying your best to be on my good side. But don’t you worry am not going to get mad. But be reasonable to me aswell..”

 

“Well I told you that what I needed..  I really need money..  I really want to open a café..   It’s been my dream for so long.. I’m not thinking of opening a big one immediately.  I can start with a small one.. What important is I’m starting with something. And just enough money to find a nice decent apartment..”

 

“How much it’s going to be?” Bom inquired

 

I know she will freak out but I really need to tell her.. She is asking anyway..  “Around Hundred Thousand” I mumbled..

 

Bom eyes get wide.. she is in shock..   “If we sell a small land 100 Thousand is not hard to get Bom… Hundred Thousand is what only I will take..  That’s what only I will need I will work myself up I promise”

 

 

But Bom was just quiet..  Too quiet from me to feel the panic that she might get mad.. But she just told me earlier that we she will not be,   and this conversation is avoidable.. so I continue..

 

“If you want I can talk to my friend who is a Realtor and he can help me to sell the land fast.. We might get more than a Hundred Thousand dollars for it.. What do you think unnie?!”

 

“This is MY HOME Dara.. This is where I Grew up.. Dad and I….  we build this place.. WE work on this place.   And you’re telling me to sell it?!” Bom finally speaks

 

“But I have a 50% share on this property unnie. I also have rights to it…. I understand what is the value of Drovers to you unnie.. But if you really want the land just Buy Me Out..  Just give me Hundred Thousand and I swear I won’t touch any of it” I insisted

 

I can sense the anger that Bom radiating to me.. She is trying her best to composed herself so we can talk calmly..   I feel bad as well believe me but I need to do what I got to do.   I have my own dreams and life in LA.   What really I’m asking for is really not much. Bom Suddenly stand up..

 

 

“Ok Dara Let’s get our horses.. I’ll show you the place and let’s see which bit of the property we can sell that you wanted..”

 

That was rather easy.  Im expecting a fit from her.   I didn’t question her..    I don’t like her to change her mind so I just follow her so we can get our horses and we can check  and decide which t part of Drovers I’m going to sell..

 

We are riding our horses and Bom Unnie bring me to the side of the creek..  I heard her say “This is where Dad teach me on how to swim.. It’s also where I had my first kiss..”

 

“Who was it?” But Bom Unnie don’t want my nose on it as she makes her horse run.. (hmpp what a tease she shouldn’t have tell me if she don’t want me to know.)

 

We are moving West and we reach the Borrow Hill    “This is where Dad and I and you used to fly kites before when we are younger..  Do you still remember Dara?? It’s also where we always runs around when we want to hide from Dad..” Bom informed me

 

We are heading in east this time when I saw a Familiar tree.. “Oh My I remember that Tree Unnie.. isn’t that where Aunt Eunju always bring us and have some picnic specially if Dad is not Up for lunch” I smile remembering it

 

 

“That tree is where you always tell me who bully you at school.. You’re so little back then that you can’t fight for yourself…”

“So you always do it for me… once I tell you who is  it to… guaranteed the next day they are beat UP!!” I was laughing remembering it..

 

“Come on lets go!  There is more for me to show you..”

 

We keep on moving and we both reached a shed.. “What is it look like to you?” Bom asked

 

“I don’t know.. It’s a shed.”

 

“It was built by my grandfather’s grandfather.    From stones he cleared from the first paddock of Drovers Run”

 

“Ok! It’s an old shed.” Isaid while rolling my eyes..  It’s just an old shed no need to be emotional..

 

“This was where Dad died” and she move again..

 

I was quiet..  Is unnie sending a message to me right now that I just didn’t notice all along?   Why I suddenly feel bad..  With my thoughts like that I followed her on her way south and I know what is in there..

 

Once I reached the south part of Drovers I was right.   Dad’s and Bom Unnie’s Mom grave was there..   She was standing there and I can hear her sobbing.    Now I understand what message she is trying to send me. And stupid me,   just realize it now.

“It’s nothing fancy,   he wouldn’t like that..   And that’s my mother.. You know that I didn’t saw  her since she died delivering me right?” Bom said

 

“You do great line of guilt trips unnie..   You know that?”

 

“You say you only want to sell off a bit of the place, Dara.   Which bit do you want?  Here?  Your father’s here,   Both my parents..   You want to sell my creek?   The Hill?  Or  What about the old stone Hut? Maybe we could afford to lose that.”

 

I was quiet again for the second time.. “Tell me which one when your decided..   I’ll just go back to the house and get the papers ready for you..”   Bom unnie said before she ride her horse and left..

 

 

=======================================

 

 

 

 

I found myself sitting on the tree that unnie and I used to have picnics.. Why I’m so eager to sell a BIT of Drovers… why I never thought that this place is HER!!   This is part of unnie and I’ve been wanting to sell it??!!..   Even me how will I feel if I do that to her..    I understand her now it finally hit me. . Drovers is not just a place for her it’s her home..

 

“Penny for your thoughts?” I look up was it and I saw Seunghyun. I can feel that my heart suddenly beats faster as I saw him.. That’s weird..

 

“What are you doing here? This is not your property so just leave..” I hissed

 

“I was checking the fences when I saw you sitting there.. And it seems like you needed someone to talk to.”

 

“So the other part of the fence was Choi’s again?  You guys must be itchy to buy Drovers next huh?”

“Not me but my Dad he wants Drovers for so long.. But I know that will never happen as long as Bom is here..”

 

 

What an irony..  I’m just like Seunghyun’s Dad… I want to take away the land from my sister.. Now I really feel bad..

 

 

“Don’t worry Sandara.. Trust Bom she will never sell this place… Bom loves this place she did everything to make Drovers still alive even when your Dad passed away..  She went through a lot of hardships, add up the Bastards who took advantage of her.. But she never give up.. Dad persuaded her.. Offer her heaps of money or sell him even 1/8 of the land.. But Bom didn’t Budge.. So I know whatever other people do or even my Dad.  Drovers will only be owned by PARKS”

 

I can’t help but cry as Seunghyun telling me how important Drovers for unnie.. I’m such a selfish who is trying to take it away from her..  Seunghyun panic when he notice that I was crying..

 

“Sandara,  what’s wrong? Are you ok?”

 

“Im a one horrible sister Seunghyun! Im a horrible !” I shout while I’m bursting to tears.. I hang my head low..

 

“Ofcourse you’re not Sandara,  of course you’re not..” Seunghyun come near me trying to calm me down..

 

“I thought everything is ok between Bom and you..” he sit beside me and put his arms on my shoulder and pull me for a hug..

 

“We already are.. until I keep on insisting to sell even a bit of Drovers so I can have the money and start my own life!   I’m so stupid Seunghyun I just Drive myself here in Maxwell and ask my sister to sell even a bit of the land so I can get my money without even knowing how hard she fight for every bit of Drovers!! Im such a selfish !!” I said as I cry more to Seunghyun..

 

“Shhhh… Stop saying you’re a because your definitely not.. But I agree on you being stupid.”

 

“Did you just call me stupid? You jerk!!” I hurriedly stand up and hit him!!! And could you believe that he just laughs but why does his laugh sounds so y to my ear! Oh no Dara don’t lose yourself now.. THIS IS NOT the right time for that and he is off-limits.

 

“Sandara can you listen to me first before you beat me to pulp here..”

 

I sit beside him again though I really tried my best to stop myself from smiling cause he is really cute while he is convincing me to listen to him again..

 

“I said that your stupid.. Because come on you want to sell a bit of your land? Even if it’s a bit Sandara IT MATTERS! Drovers is owned by your dad’s dad dad’s…. dad…  and many more dad’s” I smile on his silliness..

 

“So YOU wanting to sell it and owned by other people it matters big time.. Not only to Bom but to everyone who’s been here for long time.. There’s memory and story in every bit of Drovers.. YOU  have your share too for sure.. Are you willing to throw them away?” Seunghyun continued…

 

“You are right.. I’m really stupid.. I feel bad for unnie for having a selfish stupid sister like me..”

 

“Now hold your horses there missy.. You might be selfish and stupid but I’m sure that she will like you to be her sister in what situation it might be.. Talk to her tell her that now you realize, why she strongly dislike to sell the land”

 

“But… But I need money Seunghyun.. I have my own dreams as well..”  I told him

 

“Then earned it.. Bom works hard here in the farm.. She never stops working..”

 

“You mean here in the Ranch? In Drovers?” I shockingly ask him

 

“Well in that way you’re getting the money out here in Drovers.. You can’t sell the land,  then milk the land..”

 

“You got a point.. I’ll think about that”

 

“What is there to think?” He exclaimed with disbelief in his eyes… “Take care of your cattles breed them properly, Sell them on the right price..    Same to your sheeps make sure they are fed properly..   Give them lots of water and supplements..     Shear them and sell their wool!! It’s going to be lots of works but you can start saving from there.” 

 

He is right.. I just need to work my off here..   I’ll work hard so I can save up the money that I needed.. He is right I’m really stupid!!  Why I didn’t think of that first before I eagerly wanting to sell a piece of land of Drovers. Well everyone wants fast money right?!

 

I look at Seunghyun and I found him smiling while looking at me.. His smile is breathtaking he looks so good on that boyish smile and I’m actually happy that I talked to him because he open my eyes on the things that I blindly see..

 

“Thank you Seunghyun..  Everything you said is right..  I have to work for my Dreams if I really wanted them” I told him sincerely

 

“That’s nothing Sandara.. Besides I’m happy that I got a chance to talk to you..”

 

I felt myself blush when he said that..   I know I have to avoid him,  even unnie told me its ok.. But I know girls code..  We always say that its ok but we meant the opposite..

 

“So what is the dream that we are talking about?” Seunghyun asked..

 

“A Café..   I’ve been wanting to have one since I was young.. I work on every Café that I can go on to.. So I can learned some tricks on it..” I happily replied to him

 

“You like café’s huh.. Do you wanna try the café downtown?” he sheepishly ask

 

I looked at him.. he is obviously asking me out.. I badly want to say Yes.. But what will Bom Unnie think.. I don’t want her to think that,  Just because she said I don’t need to worry, I’ll go around Seunghyun.. I need to leave before I eventually say yes..

 

“I… I cant.. Im..  Sorry.. I need to go back to the house so I can talk to unnie..” I hurriedly stood up and walk to Blaze.. But  Seunghyun caught my wrist..

 

“What about tomorrow? Is that ok with you?”

 

“No.. Im driving back to LA tomorrow to get my things..” i told him hoping he will not going to insist more..

 

“Then what about when you get back? Or are you going to say No again? Come on just think of it as a Thank you gesture because I knock your head today..Please”

 

I don’t know how to answer him.. How can I say no when he is giving me a look at No sane woman will refused… Should I say yes and just keep it to Unnie? It’s just gonna be ONE time..  Plus he gave me a good advice.. We were just going to HANG OUT.. a friendly hang out, RIGHT!! I’ll just go out with him as a thank you and nothing else!! BIBLE!!

 

“I’ll say.. Let’s do it when you see me again next time.. But don’t cheat like you’re purposely going in the house just to see me,  So we can go out,  I want it to be like today,  that you just accidentally saw me and it turned out to be a good talk..   Will that work for you?” I asked him hoping he’ll agree… that’s best thing I can do so Unnie will not know that we are going to go out..

 

“Fair enough” I heard him say.. “I won’t ask for more as of now as I don’t want you to change your mind..” he mumbled as he deeply looked into my eyes.. And it pierce through me.. I only met him like what yesterday and he already have this effect on me that nobody has..

 

 

“Thank you again Seunghyun.. ” I ride blaze and wave to Seunghyun.. I look back and I can see that he is still standing there watching me leave.. It made me smile..

 

 

===========================================================

 

 

DARA POV

 

I opened the Door on Bom Unnie’s Room onced I heard her say that I can come in.. She is sitting in her Bed reading some documents on her hand and tons of papers scattered in her bed..

 

“What do you want?” she lazily asked  while she is still looking on some documents in her hand..

 

 

“I.. I just want to talk about on what you told me earlier” I shyly mumbled

 

 

“So you decided which part of Drover’s that you wanted to sell?”  still not looking at me
 

 

“Im so sorry unnie”

 

She looked up to me.. and I can tell on her face that she is really upset with me but still want to understand me because that’s what a good sister do.. “As you said Dara we cannot avoid it.. You have your own dreams and life to live..    It just happens that yours is in the city and mine is here..    So which part?”

 

I walk to her bed and give her a big Bear hug!! She got surprise but just let me.. “Im such a Bad Koala Unnie.. Im so sorry” I let go of her and I see her confused face..

 

“Before you talk.. Listen to me first..  I really am so sorry unnie.. I don’t know why I’m so stupid of wanting to sell your place,  your home..  Just to get the money that I’ve wanted”   She is surprised. I guess she didn’t anticipate that I will change my mind since I’m so persistent earlier..

 

“I just suddenly show up in the front door and try to take the piece of your home.. I didn’t even think how much work dad…  and YOU specially put it in here just to make it alive..  I didn’t think how tough it is for you when dad passed away..   Your right I didn’t even do anything here, We just left.. Drovers is yours unnie, I’m not going to take it away from you..”

 

Unnie Fly herself to me and give me a big hug.. She is crying while keep on saying “Thank you Dara, Thank you so much”

 

She holds my hands  tightly and I can see how happy she is.. “You don’t know how much I appreciate this Dara.. Really.. Thank you so much”

 

Seeing how happy my sister  is  Right then I know that I made the right decision.. When I look at her again I see the worry on her face..

 

“Dara I was really happy that your let  go the idea of selling the Drovers.. But how about you? iI don’t have $100,000 right now.. Dad left me all his debt as well.. The price of the cattle right now is fairly low.. The money that I got from the wool is what I used for paying the bills.. I have some but not enough..”

 

Oh crap!! Since I’m so happy that I made my sister happy I forgot the important part. I know…

 

“Unnie that’s another story..     You don’t have to think about giving me your own money.. It’s been tough for you as well..   So I came up with something” I excitedly told her

 

She is going to  on her granny pants once I told her this for sure! wait why is she still wearing the beige granny pants!! Oh never mind I am excited to drop the bomb on her!!

 

“Im going to work for Drovers!!!” I exclaimed to her.. This is the time that I don’t know why my phone is not with me so I can capture her shock face.. Who forgets their phone?? Only I do!!! She was shocked as in dropped and her big eyes got bigger!!

 

“Are you sure about that?” she asks me to confirm

 

“I am unnie..” I assure her..

 

She start pacing back and front while blabbing non sense stuff..   “But.. but if you work here are you sure you can handle all the work? You’ll get dirt on your hair.. There will be mud.. Horse poop, cow poop,  will be everywhere and you have to clean it.. I don’t have cable on my telly..   You have to drive for 2 hours to go the town.. I can’t always look after you and…”

 

 

I stood up and stop her from her blabbing and hold her 2 hands to look at me…  “Unnie im 25 I can look after myself..   I’ve been alone in the city since I was 17.. I work on any kind of job that I can get.. I know that it won’t be easy and I will make tons of mistakes…   But you will be there to cheer me, scold  me and help me right??”

 

Bom unnie smile and nod she squeeze me with her arms and I do the same..

 

 

“So unnie please have a very very very veeerrryy longggg patience with me”

 

 

“I will try… you know my temper” she chuckled    “You just gave me double happiness tonight..   Thank you for coming back Dara”

 

 

“I love you unnie” I as I tighten my hug to her…

 

 

A/N: Welcome to my new subscribers!!! I hope you guys is enjoying my story!!! And I decided to change the Title of the Fic from City Girl to Drovers Run since my story will be mostly in Drovers Run..