Fishing

Drovers Run

 

 

Dara is lying in the back of her bug. She turn down the roof of her bug and make it a convertible. She’s waiting for the AAA to come. She got a flat tire and as a dumb as she is her spare tire is flat aswell because that was her tire before that she didn’t bother to fix or get a new one. She put her legs up in the window put her sunglasses on,  the weather is sunny and hot today.

 

“Head in the clouds Got no weight on my shoulders

I should be wiser And realize that I've got”

 

She stops singing when she heard a car approaching. She sits up and checks on the car that is coming. It was not the AAA.

 

“Trouble in the paradise?” He asks. I ignored him and lie down again on my car.

 

“Why are you avoiding me? Did I do something that I didn’t know?” He asks again.

 

Dara’s ear perks up as she can hear that he went down on his car and walks to her direction.  It’s been a week already when the last time he calls her. she opens her eyes when she felt that, he takes her sunglasses.

 

“Give it back!” She hissed and sits up.

 

“mmhmmm, PMS?” he joked

 

“HA-HA-HA,very funny” she sits on the top of her car and cross her arms.

 

“Definitely PMS”  Dara punch his arms and scowl at him but Seunghyun just laughs at her.

 

“What do you want?!!”

“Why are you sunbathing in the middle of the road?” He questioned.

 

“As IF!!  Can’t you  see I got a flat tire AND I don’t have a spare one if you’re gonna ask”

 

“Very nice” He sarcastically said and crossed his arms too. “Why you didn’t call Bom, Kris or even me for help and just lie down there. Not very wise missy”

 

Dara sneered to him “Why will I bother people when I can call AAA, stupid”

 

“Well miss snobbish, FYI you will be like a fried egg before they come. You are here in Maxwell this is far from everywhere and you know that” he stated

 

“So what do you suggest?” she asks softly as she realizes he is right. It will take longer for them to reach her, nothing is near in this place it’s mostly fields everywhere.

 

“Where is your spare tire? Is it at Drovers?”

 

“I left it at Drovers because it’s also flat.” She saw him shake  head and chuckled “I know I’m stupid for not getting a new one or fix it but many things happen and I guess that’s the last thing I think about”

 

“That’s ok Sandara but remember that the road here is not asphalt, much rougher so you always need to have a spare ok?” She nodded  he is not scolding her but it sound s like it is to her, and it’s weird that she likes it. “Now I will just call Mino to fix the tire there and bring it over here and do it for you too, just call anyone in your house and tell them to give it to Mino”

 

“Ok I will just call Chaerin” He goes back to his car while she was making her call.

 

“Here” He gave her water. She put her phone on her pocket as she already instructed Chaerin on what to do.

“Thanks Seunghyun” she gulped on the water while Seunghyun leans on her car.

 

“Why are you avoiding me?” He asks again. Dara pursed her lips and shakes her head.

 

“Don’t deny. It’s so obvious. I’ve been calling and texting you but never reply or called back even once. What’s the use of having your number if you won’t gonna talk to me anyway” He complains.

 

“I’ve been just busy” she said casually.

 

Seunghyun can only scoff to her excuse “Busy? Yeah right. Oh well atleast you are talking to me now. Thank god for making your tire flat”  She glare to him.

 

“Arent you going somewhere?”  she asks him.

 

“See, see” He pointed at her  “You are shooing me away what is wrong with you?!” His voice was a little loud as he  got hyped up.

 

“Gosh your like a kid! I’m just asking because  You don’t have to accompany me here” Dara look on his car and she saw some cooler and a fishing rod.  She points her head on his car and Seunghyun look on where she is looking at.

 

“Oh does are for fishing. Do you wanna come?” He asks hoping she will say yes.

 

“NO!” She instantly replied “I can’t leave my car here” and I can’t be with you she wanna tell him but didn’t voice out.

 

“Sandara seriously, why are you avoiding me?” Seunghyun seriously looks at her, but Dara is dodging his eyes.

 

“I am not. Didn’t I just said that.” She said with annoyance, but inside her she is having a hard time. Seunghyun is obviously very puzzled on why she is avoiding him but she can’t tell him, she won’t.

 

“Then come with me” Dara didn’t reply. She looks at Seunghyun he was now smiling. Oh god how long has it been since  she saw that boyish smile. He then puts his hat on her head.

 

“Stop thinking and just come with me. Stop avoiding me already for whatever lame reason you have. It’ll be fun for sure. Let’s catch up and laugh, and Don’t worry about your car I will tell Mino to fix your tire and tow the bug at  drovers. So don’t think of anything ok?”

 

“I didn’t know you talk too much” She hopped out on her car and fix the hat the he puts in “Comeon lets go” I think it wouldn’t hurt just for a few hours.

 

++

Geez I’m such a girl. He just smiles at me and here I am fishing with him. I need to scold myself later.

 

“What’s your favorite color?” Seunghyun ask me as we are sitting on the portable chair and holding the fishing rod for maybe 10 minutes now; infront of the river. He even brings a small folding table and lots and lots of beer on his cooler.

 

“Black”

 

“When is your birthday?” He ask again

 

“November 12”

 

“I’m November 4!” He is in a good mood.

 

“Really? Cool” I said casually

 

“Favorite Band” he ask again

 

“Hmm. I like Bigbang” I felt excited thinking about Bigbang

 

“I like them too!” I heard him said “Who is your bias?”

 

“T.O.P!! He is the hottest!” I excitedly told him but he ignored it and ask me again.

 

“Team Damon or Team Edward?” I look at him with deadpan eyes, he was smiling from ear to ear and looks silly. I reach for his ear and twist it.

 

“I’m Team Stefan! Dummy!” he laughs at me.  “What’s with the questions?”

 

“I want to know you more” he said without hesitation.

 

“By asking if I’m Team Damon or Team Edward?”

 

“No silly, I just don’t know what else to ask you. You might not like it if I get to ask personal.” He sheepishly told me and I can’t helped but smile to him.

 

I am actually annoyed to myself. Why am I here with him? What will happened if Bom unnie find this out, but I’m not doing anything wrong, It was so hard for me actually ignoring him he always call and leaves voicemail to me and don’t start with the text messages and him going to Drovers that most of the time I know he just wanna ask me what’s wrong. I know it’s unfair to him but I can’t let my relationship with Bom get affected. I then slap my head. Gosh I don’t want my relationship with Bom get affected? Yet I am here with him, but I love his company!

 

I felt a pinch on my right cheek “Stop thinking!” I heard him said

 

“I am not!” I deny

 

“Yes you are. I’ve been asking you what is your favorite movie but you’re on daze mode” he moves closer to me with his chair “Are you not supposed to be with me?”

 

I look at him, does he know something? Does he know what is really happening between her and Bom?

 

“What makes you said that?” I hesitantly ask.

 

“You’ve been avoiding me for what reason I don’t know? I may have an idea but I don’t want to entertain that. So I’m guessing that  supposed to be your still avoiding me and yet you’re here”

 

“What is your idea why I am avoiding you?” I don’t know why I ask that. Maybe I wanna know if he  knows.?

 

He stayed quiet and just stares at me I feel conscious on his stare that I bow down but he lifted my chin “Do you know that you have a beautiful eyes?”

 

My cheeks feel warm. I feel even more conscious now, why does it sound sincere? “Are you blushing?” I heard him and I can’t  utter any word to him and just bows my head. Why does he always makes me feel wanted.

 

“It’s Bom right?” I then looked up at him.

He softly chuckle and gulped some of his beer. “I guess I’m right”

 

“What makes you think that way?” I pry

 

“I know she likes me Sandara I’m not numbed” he then looks straight ahead on the river

 

“And yet you are not turning her down?”

 

“She is a girl. A friend that I’ve known half of my life. Do you want me to tell her that Bom stop liking me because I don’t like you and we will never happen? Do I have to be straightforward to her like that?I thought that if I don’t show any interest with her, her feelings will fade.” I can’t believe this.

“ Do you know that I always tell her the girls that I’m interested with hoping that she’ll realize I will never look at her that way. I even tried to avoid her but that seems impossible. We will see each other one way or another.

 

I feel bad for Bom but I feel bad for Seunghyun too. He didn’t wish that Bom will like him  and eversince I’ve been here in Drovers he never lead her to anything that she should hold onto. He was just being a nice friend.

 

“So do I need to be straightforward to her this time?” He said and look on my direction. I can see on his face that it affects him.

 

“She will be hurt”

 

“But I don’t like that you are avoiding me because of her” he said as soon as I finish my word.

 

“I don’t wanna hurt her, she is all I have”

 

“I know” his voice suddenly became quiet. Neither  of us are speaking,  I look at him and my hands went to my chest. It’s.. It’s heavy.

 

“Am I making you upset?” I ask. He shakes his head and it feels like he nodded. 

 

“I’m an Sandara I’m sorry” He suddenly blurted.

 

“No you’re not. If there is an that I know it’s your brother” I told him and he just softly chuckles.

 

“And you still kiss him, do you like him that much?”

 

“AS IF! I don’t like him ok?” I sound so defensive.

 

“Then why are you kissing him?”

 

“Because..” He raise his right brow and shrug his shoulder at me. “It was just a spur of the moment!!” Geez I sound so defensive

 

“Don’t yell you’re going to scare the fish!” He said laughing. “So it was just a spur of the moment for you, hmm I wonder what my brother thinks” he teases

 

“We are on the same page ok? And it won’t going to happen again!!” I declared

 

“Knowing my brother I don’t think so”

 

“AS IF! He can do something about it, and he is a jerk. I didn’t like what he did when Bom unnie was fuming on the kitchen. Gosh thinking about it makes me wanna scratch his face”

 

“Why what did he do?”

 

“Nothing!! He did nothing!!”

 

“So who is going to be your new liplocking buddy?” he is wriggling his eyebrows “You wanna try me” I throw a can of beer to him but he just laugh it off.

 

“’Im not a addict ok?”  I keep on defending myself because of that now!

 

“I didn’t say that!”

 

Both of us keep on arguing and he will tease me  whenever he sees a chance. I totally forgot the tension that I have with him earlier, he always have a way with me and I don’t know why but I am happy just by talking with him. We waited for a long time for a fish to bite our bait but we only catch one. Maybe because we are too loud and the fish you know heard us?

 

“Oh my gosh it’s raining.” I felt drops of water in my head.

 

“Who would’ve thought, the sun is shining” I helped him fold the table and the chair. We ran on his car carrying the chairs and the table.

 

He opens the door on the passenger seat and I go inside immediately. “Here just put all in the back, I’ll just get the cooler” He said while giving me the 2 chairs and the fishing rod. I saw him running and getting the cooler.

 

“Didn’t expect the rain at all” he said as soon he seated inside the car. He is drying his arms and face.

 

“I know right. The sun was so high earlier” we heard the thunder and the sky suddenly went dark and the rain pours in.

 

“Will it be ok with you if go in my place since its much nearer than  Drovers?”

 

“It’s just it’s not safe if we stay here in the car” he continued when I didn’t respond. I felt my phone vibrating on my pocket. I check who it was and it’s the last person I want to call me right now.

 

“Unnie” I greeted hesitantly

 

“Dara where are you? Its pouring hard right now, are you in somewhere safe?” she said in her worried voice

 

“I’m with Kris” I lied and Seunghyun face spells disappointed.

 

“Kris? Where are you?”

 

“At the pub. I saw him when I was buying the supplies, we just drink a few” I am a smooth liar.

 

“Ok just stay there ok? Don’t drive until the rain stop” thank god she believes me.

 

“Ok I will, Thanks for calling ill save my battery now because I didn’t charge before I left” I lied again. I want to end the call so I can stop lying.

 

“Ok take care” I end the call and gave Seunghyun a sorry look.

 

“Don’t worry I understand” He softly said.

 

I felt a little relief that I didn’t offend him or something, he is nothing but good to me “I’m sorry, but I don’t want to go home and be ignored again”

 

“So does that mean we can stay in my place first?”

 

I just nodded, he then start the engine of the car. The drive was silent but not awkward and he is right when he said that Choi’s Ranch is much nearer. He parks his car I think in the front of his house. There are three houses here there are the big one that painted in all white but the doors and the frame of the window are navy blue and there are hanging flowers too. And there these like duplex house that is just plain color of the wood.

 

Seunghyun went off his car and open my door. We run on his place and the door was surprisingly unlocked.

 

I stepped on his place and you can easily tell that is a man cave. It’s almost unfurnished just a couch, entertaining set and a table in the middle of the living room but the guitar that is on top of the grand piano didn’t left unnoticed in my eyes. I remember that it was raining too when I played the guitar to him.

 

“I’ll get you a towel to dry. You are soaking”

 

“Yeah my shirt does, just gave me anything to change” I told him while I’m getting the guitar “Do you mind?” I ask him

 

“Not at all” He said before he goes to his room I think. I walk in to the kitchen while carrying the guitar. He got a nice Kitchen appliances! And it’s modern unlike in Drovers, you can easily tell that he comes from a rich family with the furniture and appliances that he has.

 

“Do you want to have a hot choco?” He saw me in the kitchen and gave me the shirt and a short with a towel to dry.

“Let me have the guitar first. The bathroom is the first door on left”

 

I went to the direction that he gave me. I open the door and the light is automatic. His bathroom is Gorgeous!!

 

“WOW I want to live here!” I exclaimed. His walls are dark wood but the bathtub is white so is the countertop but the cabinets are the same like wood. His toilet is pretty as well. I check his shower and it’s a squared rain shower ceiling!!  

 

“I need to take a shower I said to myself” I instantly take off my clothes and  jump on his shower.When I turn the knob for the shower I felt a good pressure of the water that Drovers doesn’t have.

 

“God why can’t we have this on Drovers the pressure of their water is even good!”  I’m enjoying my shower in his place and I used everything he has on his caddy and I laugh thinking I smell like Seunghyun now. Well who cares he smells good all the time anyway. I wonder how does Seunghyun lips feels.  I slap and pinch myself on the thought.

 

“Don’t go in there Dara. Don’t”

 

 

 

A/N: 

Can we just have a moment and appreciate how adorably cute TOP is on that pic?!?! I kennat!!! he just look so cutee!!!!

Please Dont forget to Subscribe and Comment!!

 

maria4smith Thank you for liking Drovers Run and Im happy to knoe that the story makes you happy because your comment just make me happy too ^.^

tabitabi GOOOOOSHHHHHH he is the epitome of HOTNESS right?!?!

darkangel024 as much as i wanted to update every otherday i cant, i have work. But i will try my best to update as soon as i can.. and i so happy that you love my story and for that let me show you how much thankful I am.. uhmm can i hug you and kiss you and squeeze you and you and.. ok i will stop now. i am creeping you out now right? hihihi ^.^v