A Thing For Her

Drovers Run

“Dara Unnie!!” Chaerin runs towards me as soon I get out from my car and gave me a hug.

 

“Help her with her stuff Chaerin” Bom Unnie demands and gave me a hug as well.

 

As soon as I step inside the house the aroma of Chicken Apricot that is a house favorite is all over the house. I go straight to the kitchen as I can’t wait to taste it and ofcourse greet Aunt Eunju.

 

“Aunt Eunju! The smell makes me hungry..” I told her and hug her

 

“Im about to serve it in the table. Go and change so we can eat” she ordered but I’m eager to eat than to change my clothes.

 

“Can we just eat now and I’ll just change later?” I bargained with a pout and batting lashes included.. HA!

 

“Ofcourse we can eat now!” I heard Bom unnie  “I’m sure you’re hungry from the long drive” She said while ushering me in the dining room.

 

I follow her and sit on the chair beside her  “Actually the apricot chicken makes me hungry” I uttered to her. Then Chaerin bring out  the Apricot chicken in table and sit while Aunt Eunju is putting the rice in table aswell.

 

“So dig in Dara” Aunt Eunju said and I gladly did. Chicken Apricot  is a house favorite here in Drovers. I dare to make it but it never taste like her’s she said that it must be the chicken.Oh well I don’t care now cause I can eat devour it again anytime I want. My tummy will thank me for sure.

 

“Do you meet anyone in the city unnie?” Chaerin inquired with a playful smile.

 

“Yes. I actually saw Kris there” I said nonchalantly to them thinking it was no big deal but their reaction was different than I thought.

“WHAT?! Aunt Eunju exclaimed with widen eyes.

 

“WHO?!” Bom unnie ask surprisingly

 

“DAEBAK?!” Chaerin exclaimed excitingly.. Now im wondering why Chaerin is the one who gave the nicest reaction.. tskk kids this days..

 

I look at the three of them with a confuse look on my face, I don’t get their reaction is it bad that I bumped with Kris or It is nice that I met Kris. But on Chaerin case I know it’s great, she getting giddy and all smile at me.

 

“What’s with the reaction? We hang out in the club..” I said and continue eating my food.

 

“It’s just that all of the person, you saw Kris..” I heard Bom unnie

 

“Just don’t get too close to him Sandara” Aunt Eunju warned

 

I look at Bom unnie and she nods at me agreeing to Aunt Eunju..

 

“Why is there something wrong with Kris?! Is he a maniac or a psychopath?”

 

All three of them look at each other and Aunt Eunju obviously wants Bom unnie to answer me. She first sips on her wine.

 

“Yes he is a psychopath and a maniac plus a certified Player. He is holding a gazillions of certification there trust me. So just don’t get too close.”

 

“He is just going to have with you unnie and then after that, you guys are done” Chaerin continues

 

I unconsciously laugh at them. That’s it just because he is a player, do they think that If I get close to Kris he will also play with me and I’ll be hurt.. They are so innocent. CUTE..

 

“Auntie, Chaerin.. You guys don’t have to worry about that.. If Kris is a player don’t worry about it I can handle him beside were just friends nothing more than that.. and unnie comeon he is not a psychopath sure he might be a maniac but..” I said earning me a rolled eye to both Unnie and Aunt Eunju

 

“But where did you saw Kris oppa, unnie?”

 

“In the club where I was used to work. I went there to tell my manager that I’m resigning already and then later on Kris was there..”

 

“Is he HOT unnie?!” Chaerin ask giggly

 

“CHAERIN!!” Aunt Eunju exclaimed

 

“WHAT??? I can’t ask that??” Chaerin answer back

 

Told you guys kids these days…

 

“Hahaha.. Yes Chaerin he looks good.. You guys don’t have to worry about Kris ok.. We just hangout” I said..

 

 Ofcourse I don’t need to tell them what really happened between me and Kris. Just now that I told them that we hang out in the club what more if they knew what really happen between us.

 

=================================

 

Once we finished I go to my room and lay down on my bed. I was texting Kris when Bom unnie enter my room.

 

“I thought you must be sleeping by now. You want me to help you unpack?”  She said and sit down on my bed.

 

“Not tonight unnie maybe tomorrow” I told her

 

“Soo.. How was Kris when you hang out with him?” Bom ask, she knows that Dara won’t open up everything in the table while Aunt Eunju and Chaerin were there.

 

Dara sit up push her back on the headboard.. “Hmmm he was fine.. he was more than fine actually”

 

“What is more than fine Dara?” Bom tries to pushes if she will open up.

 

“Well we kinda kiss” Dara said it like its nothing

 

“WHAT?!” Bom exclaimed

 

“Uh-huh and I think we gone a lil more than that” Dara tells her sister.. She is not intending to keep it as a secret to her sister besides isn’t it fun to tell girly stuff and share it with your sister.

 

But Bom reaction was far from happy that Dara share it to her. Though she is happy that Dara opens up to her but the content of what she is sharing will not really makes her happy.

 

“Sandara Park don’t tell me that.. that.. something happen to both of you?” she ask with full of curiosity written all over her face..

 

Dara sighed and hug a pillow with a dismay on her face  “Actually if you didn’t call I think we might have !”

 

Bom was so surprise to how Dara casually tells her that she was supposedly had with Kris!

 

“Ughhh Unnie it was sooo close and can you imagine how Hot Kris looks like without clothes on plus do you know how embarrassing I was that I fell asleep on him!! I FELL ASLEEP!! Gahhd how can I be more..” Dara stop blabbing when she notice that her sister looks mortified on her story.

 

“Unnie? Are you ok? I mean did I make you feel uncomfortable? I know he is your friend and me talking so casually about it..”

 

“Dara.. Are you not a ?” Bom ask carefully to her though she already know the answer on the way she talks, she still wanna confirmed it..

 

“OH MY GAHD! Unnie You still are?!” Dara question her back with a surprise look on her Face..

 

When Bom didn’t reply she take it as a YES to her question.

 

“Unnie why your still a do you know that it’s a SIN to be still a at your Age?! How long have you been single?!” Dara who cannto believe it ask.

 

When Bom still remained silent. Dara eyes grew more Bigger..

 

“WHAT?!!? YOU never had a Boyfriend after your first one?!?When was that?! OMG!! WHYYYY???” Dara ask her exasperatedly..

 

“My first and last boyfriend was when I was 16 and it last for 1 and half year.. since then  no one dare to ask me out and what are you talking about that it’s a SIN to be a at my AGE!! Sandara Im only 26! That’s.. that’s still young!!” Bom defended herself

 

Dara move closer to Bom. “Unnie Im sorry im just over reacting that you’re still a at 26! But YOU being single for 9 years I think that’s really a SIN! Comeon tell me why you never had a Boyfriend” Dara eagerly ask Bom which made their topic about his rendezvous with Kris a goner.

 

“How can I answer that Dara? No one really attempt to ask me out.. I did like someone but that someone never sees me more than a friend.” Bom gloomily told her..

 

Dara suddenly perks up as she know who is that someone.. And she remembers how much the guy dislikes the idea of them being romantically involved. And with that she feels guilty that she almost kiss Seunghyun..

 

“Im sorry unnie.. I think you should make yourself available then! Don’t stuck yourself with Seunghyun.. He is not the only guy on the planet or much more here in Colusa!” Dara told her

 

“I don’t have time for men Dara I have a Ranch to run plus It’s not easy for me to forget my feelings for Seunghyun its.. it’s too strong! I don’t want this feelings trust me if I can switch it off I already did long time ago.. But I can’t shake it off.. Every time he is being nice I fell for him more.. He even stand by me even to his family.. He became a knight when his father is my nemesis.. I didn’t know that I can smile without any reason just by looking at him..  Its him that I want its him that I love” Bom for first time admitted to someone how much he love Seunghyun

 

Dara give Bom a hug.. She pitied her sister how hard and painful must be for her,  having those feelings for Seunghyun. And her guilt is growing as she remembers how she felt when she was with him and how they almost kiss. She don’t want to add pain on her sister’s heart.. That moment she decides to avoid Seunghyun it won’t be a good news if she will be close to him..

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“Finally Breakfast” Dara happily said when they got back on the house.. She was awake since 4:00 am busy shearing the sheep along with Bom, Gummy and Chaerin.

 

“You’re saying that as if you we starve you!” Bom told her while grabbing some fresh bake bread made by Eunju..

 

“I didn’t mean to sound that way but im famish!! It’s like forever since we start shearing the sheeps and we still got a lot to shear.” Dara reply while muching on her breakfast of eggs, sausage, hash brown and beans..

 

All of them laugh as she always complains that why she needs to work first before she can eat. But it’s a nice improvement that they didn’t need to wake her up today as she was already ready when everyone is.

 

“Unnie there is a fare later on town.. there is a bull riding contest lets go and watch!” Chaerin informed her

 

“Oh yeah I almost forgot about that Chaerin good thing you said that.. There is also a horse bidding there. We need to participate we might catch a gem!” Bom said

 

“Will that be fun? Horse bidding? Bull riding? That sounds boring and scary to me..” Dara who is not that excited on the said fare

 

“That’s not surprising you grew up in the city.. These event will really sounds boring to you but just try to go and see if youll like it” Aunt Eunju convince Dara

 

“And Im sure Kris will be there” Chaerin cheekly added that earn a pinch on her side from her mom..

“Chaerin!!! What are you talking about?? Really Kris??!” Gummy exclaimed who is not aware on what happen to Kris and Dara hangout on the city..

 

“Gummy Unnie.. Dara got a thing for Kris if you didn’t know yet.. they go clubbing in the city!!” Chaerin informed Gummy who shockingly look at Dara!!

 

“Oi Chaerin!! What are you talking about!!” Dara threw a bread on Chaerin which gladly catches by the latter while grinning on her with brows raising..

 

“Gummy don’t listen to her that’s not true I don’t have a thing on Kris!! And we didn’t go clubbing we met on the club that I used to work at not as if we purposedly go there!” Dara defended herself

 

“Well that’s too bad because I got a thing for you!”

 

Everyone look on the voice behind me and I can clearly see how Aunt Eunju and Bom unnie rolled their eyes while Chaerin grins widely..

 

I look behind me and I saw Kris.. He leans forward and gave me a peck on the cheek. I can clearly hear Chaerin squeal..

 

“Good morning Dara.. I didn’t know that I will be the Breakfast topic here in Drovers” Kris stated and sit down on the available chair as if someone invited him to eat.

 

“What are you doing here so early Kris?” Bom ask while giving some fork and knife to Kris.. Clearly she accustomed to Kris she seemed to use to how Kris moves, they might hate that he is a player but they still grow together.

 

“Well I just wanna ask you if you’re going to participate on horse-bull Hunt later..” Kris ask Bom while he is eating some hash.. He is so at home on Drovers..

“Horse-Bull Hunt? What is that?” Dara inquired

 

“Its literally what it is a Horse with a rider and a bull that needed to be catch” Kris informed her

 

“Who joins on those hunt? That’s dangerous!” Dara said with an unbelievable tone but she was surprise to saw the 3 women lift their hands!! Dara look on Chaerin if it’s really true and she nod for conformation.

 

Kris can’t help but laugh on how Dara looks like.. She is genuinely surprise to see that Aunt Eunju, Gummy and Bom raised their hands with guilty face..

 

“You ladies are putting your life in Danger!! Why Dad did allowed you to join on those games!! Doesn’t he know that might kill you unnie?!” Dara still can’t believe that her unnie and the two joined on that game.

 

“Well Dara for your information these 3 are once champion on that Dangerous game.. And your Bom Noona is still the current champion.” Kris informed her

 

Dara gave another surprising look and look at her Bom Unnie who is giving her a guilty smile.. She can’t believe it!!

 

“Oh by the way Dara I also came to because I want to see you” Kris suddenly voice out earning everyone eyes on him..

 

“I knew it!! You really came here for Dara unnie!!” Chaerin said who became giggly again

 

“Well I already told you guys I have a thing for her” Kris said while playfully smile while looking Dara..

 

 

 

=============================================================

A/N: Its been awhile!!! Im so sorry for not updating for a really long time.. Ive been really busy at work and life and cant excuse my being a slacker aswell.. But I also wanna thank you aileen15 for your comment that one really cheers me up and continue this.. Again thanks for reading and let me know what you think...please SUBSCRIBE for more..