Aqua Velva

Drovers Run

 

 

 

FINALLY!!! Chaerin shouted when she saw Dara finish dagging the last sheep. Dara then put her both hands up and shouted too. She walks on where Chae is sitting and sat beside her. The younger one gives her the glass of water that is waiting for her.

 

“I told you we will finish it!” She boasts on her.

 

“I know right!” she exclaimed

 

“Good thing Gummy and your mom muster the cattles instead of us”  she voice.

 

“So let’s go and take a shower now. I don’t want to eat dinner stinking.”

 

I agreed to her suggestion so we both stand up and went to our own houses. When I arrived at the house I saw Auntie cutting some carrots, she is preparing our dinner. I pick a carrot but she slaps my hand.

 

“Wash your hands first, your hands are fresh from sheeps crotch” I went to the sink and wash my hands.

 

“I just hang up the phone with Bom, call her”  Auntie Eunju said when I pick the carrot and successfully put it on my mouth.

 

“How’s the seminar?”

 

“Well from the sound of her voice her day is not going too well, so give her a call. Clean yourself first, you stink” she ordered me, I smell myself and she is right I stink.

 

 

“Dara I’ve been waiting for your call. Did you really finish dagging the sheeps that have a flystrike?” Bom unnie welcomes me as soon as she answers her phone. I call her as soon as I finish taking a shower and you can’t imagine how the water turns brown while I rinse my body, yeah disgusting! I am that dirty.

 

“Yes. Chaerin and I finish it. I didn’t let Chae go until we finish it up” I proudly told her.

 

“I told you to pretend its Sunday!” I heard her

 

“How’s the seminar?” I ignored her pretend its Sunday thing.

 

“Oh my god! I am so doomed right now. Blamed it on my mouth and temper.” She sounds upset.

 

“What happened? Did Kris do something?”

 

“No it’s not Kris. It was me and the small eyes Youngbae!!” 

 

“Youngbae? Who is that, and what did he do to go to your nerves?”

 

“Well first he said that I don’t know how to park a car and next he is from the bloodlines!! Bloodlines are the best and number 1  in the horse association like if you are part of them it means you are one of the best . And I am so sure that if I became associated with them and gave us horses to breed there will be more to come and Drovers will be known as one hella good place to breed horses and be credited but what to do you know? Thanks to my mouth that can’t stop talking that I already blew my chance!!!”  Bom rants. Wow she is obviously having a bad day.

 

“Ok hold up, you speak so fast. What did you tell him?”

 

“I didn’t say much but my behavior is bad, plus he said that Kris is my husband?! Do I look married already?!?” I can’t help but silently laugh on that. Kris and Bom? that combo is chaos.

 

“Of course not unnie. I guess he just assume that since you are together with Kris” I console her.

 

“I am worried that our plan will not push thru. Why do I have to meet him on my worst temper?” she ask me with dismay

 

“Well it seems like you guys started it with the wrong foot. Is he important to us?”

 

“He is. He is the one who will give us an approval to start the program” her voice sound really defeated.

 

“Then talk to him and apologize on your behavior and start fresh. And why did he tell you that you can’t park?”

 

I heard her sigh before she talks. “Well I kind of run on his car door while parking”

 

“What?! and why are you driving? Isn’t supposed to be Kris?” I ask

 

“Well I told Kris I want to be driver so he let me. To be honest I miscalculated my backing” She told me.

 

“Was the damage big?”

 

“Not really” Unnie hesistantly reply

 

“Did you apologize?”

 

“How will I do that?”  I heard her slowly say.

“You didn’t apologize?!?! Unnie!!” I shake my head as if she can see me. Wuhan Center will be ashamed on how high her pride is.

 

“I know, I know.. I don’t want to admit that it was my fault earlier but if only I know that he was from bloodlines..”

 

“It’s going to be a different story.. right?” I cutted her.

 

“You bet. It’s bad. Right?” she asks me

 

“Yeah. Just.. just apologize” I told her

 

“How will I do that?”

 

“Unnie used your charm! Talk nicely and if he tries to piss you, remember that we needed him” I advise her. She really need to hold her temper if she wants us to get an approval from him.

 

“My god Dara. I am not a charmer and what if he will think that I like him! He is not my type!!” she complains. She is hard headed.

 

“Why he will think that? He will only think that you like him if you show motive. Don’t exaggerated things unnie. Just apologize ok?” I told her again hoping she will listen

 

“I will try my best. I just hope he won’t be annoying! Can you imagine how I look like when I saw him standing on the stage? I bet he even heard me calling him an idiot!” I can’t help but laugh at her she really sometimes can’t hold .

 

“Stop laughing will you!” She ordered me.

 

“Just do what I said and everything will be fine. Just inhale and exhale when you feel like you’re getting annoyed with him.”

 

“Ok. Ok. Tomorrow I will apologize.”

 

“Good. Where is Kris? Did you have your dinner already?” I look at the clock and its 5 past 7.

 

“Why are asking about Kris do you miss him?” He wish.

 

“NO! I don’t miss him” I roll my eyes who am I kidding. “A little”

 

“I knew it!! Well I haven’t seen him after we had our lunch together.  Did uhm. Did Seunghyun drop by there?”

 

“Nope” I quickly replied.

 

“Good. I mean I need to go now. I am starving for dinner”

 

“Ok unnie. I better get downstairs too. They might be eating without me!!!” I act like I didn’t hear how relief she is knowing the Seunghyun didn’t come.

 

“Talk to you later Dara ok? And don’t work too hard!!” Bom reminded me again.

 

++

 

 

BOM

“I didn’t know you’re a bourbon kind of girl” I look at my left and I saw Youngbae sitting by myside. I didn’t tell Dara that I am at bar drinking when I talked to her. Well it’s true that I eat my dinner here too. I wanted to give him an attitude again but I remember that Dara told me to apologize to him. “It’s for the program Bom it’s for Drovers” That’s my mantra for tonight.

 

“And you’re what kind of guy” I used the nicest tone I have.

 

He picks up his glass “Aqua velva” I raised my brow at him, his drink is colored blue it looks like a cocktail. “Now don’t judge the drinks color, before you taste it.” 

 

He offers me his drink and I took a sip of it. I look at him with a surprise eye and he smiles like I told you so. “This is good” I haven’t tried it before.

 

“It’s my roommate in college favorite drink. I laugh at him before too when I saw him drinking it and he told me what I just told you earlier”

 

“Don’t judge the drinks color, before you taste it” I inserted and laugh “Well he knows his drinks”

 

“He does. Can you give her same as mine and put all she drinks on my tab” I heard him.

 

I shake my hand on the bartender to tell him not to do it.. “No..You don’t have to do that”

 

“No, that’s lease I can do for acting like a jerk earlier and assuming that you and Kris are married.” I guess this is the right time to apologize.

 

“I am the one who needs to apologize. I am such a temper and I always want to be right. Earlier in the parking, it’s really my fault, so I’m sorry about your door. And acting like a earlier” I said sincerely.

 

“I guess we need to start again” He suggested. “I am Dong Youngbae and you are?” He offered his hands to me smiling; I notice that his eyes are gone when he smiles. Cute.

 

I smiled back at him and take his hands. “I am Bom Park. It’s nice meeting you”

 

“Pleasure is mine. So why are you alone here, where is Kris?” he query

 

I shrugged my shoulder as I don’t know where he really is. “I guess, he is in somewhere fun. He gets bored easily” I informed him.

 

“The last time I saw him, he is always with Seunghyun. How is that bloke by the way?” My face lit up by his name. I miss Seunghyun I wish it was him that I am with right now instead of Kris. He won’t leave me for sure and I’ll be having fun.. I mean we will be having fun.

 

“Seunghyun is doing really great. He is the one who manages the Ranch and he is known in Collusa as Mr. Capable” I proudly informed him.

 

“Sounds like Seunghyun” He sips on his drink and smile. “I’m glad he is doing fine. What about you, what do you do? Besides crashing someone’s car door” He jokes. I want to raise a brow at him but I stop myself. It’s for the program Bom it’s for Drovers, I reminded myself again.

 

“I manage my Ranch too like Seunghyun. Our ranch is beside each other and you, how do you find Kallani? Since you practically just moved here.”

 

“I don’t really have the time to feel how is moving here. I’ve been in every town of Collusa for most of my days. I am busy with works and a lot people come here for their programs and as a rep here I need to inspect all of them” I perked up as he mention his work.

 

“I am actually planning to start a breeding program” I started

 

“That’s good. Who else in Maxwell have a breeding program?” he ask me and I became attentive.

 

“None actually. Drovers will be the only one who is going to do it in Maxwell”

 

“That will be an advantage on Drovers.”

 

“It is actually. I hope you can visit, my sister and I helped each other run the Ranch” I am excited I’m glad that I acted nicely now.

 

“I hope you didn’t apologize just for me to check your Ranch”  I heard him said I got a little tense because he turn the wheel on jackpot.

 

“Don’t be silly. I am really sorry for the way I act earlier. You know what, if you going to question my intention just.. Just don’t visit” I offered but I hope that he won’t take it. I pick my aqua velva and drink it.

 

“Ok I won’t visit” He simply said when his phone beep “I need to go now Bom.. We are good?” NO

 

“We are good” I replied and he left. I can just kick myself if I can. Why did I have to offer him that!

 

“1 more glass of bourbon!” I yelled to the bartender!! I am not having a good day!

 

++

 

DARA

 

Seunghyun was gladly sitting with the rest, when I go downstairs after I talk to unnie. I am fighting myself not to smile but I am glad to see him sitting there already. He said that he is lonely at his place because Kris was not there and he wants to eat with someone. Another lame excuse! But no one cares, he brought steaks!

 

Every one of us munch on it. Seunghyun is the man of the hour on Drovers. He talks a lot and humor us on the dinner table. I glance on him once in a while, he even kick my legs once because I said something about him and everyone looks at me as to why I know that. Well I can’t control my mouth sometimes.

Chaerin keeps on giving me a meaningful look and I just ignored her.  Good thing Gummy unnie and Aunt Eunju attention was with Seunghyun all the time.

 

“Thanks to you dinner was nice” I sat beside Seunghyun. He was sitting on our porch swing while playing my guitar. I gave him the tea that I made for both us after dinner.

 

“I am glad that you like it” He sips on the tea and his face frown.

 

“Too hot?” he nodded at me

 

“I’m sorry” I’m about to stand up to get him some cold water  but he hold my wrist

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“To get you cold water, did you burn your tongue?”  He show me his tongue

 

“Nope it’s still fine. Wanna check it with yours so you will be sure?” I instantly hit him and he laughs. I know he is just joking so I don’t really take it seriously.

 

“Dara are you going to be okay here?” Seunghyun and I search for the owner of the voice and it was Aunt Eunju. She was standing on the door. She is worried that I will sleep alone tonight.

 

“Don’t worry Auntie, I won’t leave Sandara alone. I can even sleep here so she’ll be safe” I hit Seunghyun again.

 

“Seunghyun you know that I like you. But If you are going to sleep here, I will just better call Chae and we will just both sleep on the guest room.” Aunt Eunju seriously said to him.

 

“Auntie Do you forgot who you’re talking to? I live in LA alone; therefore I sleep alone so you don’t have worry. And this guy” I pointed my mug on Seunghyun “I will kick him out once he finish his tea” I assured her

 

Auntie Eunju walk to us and gave Seunghyun a hug “Thank you for the steak earlier, it’s really been awhile since we had meal with you and we enjoy it, comeby more often.”

 

She then taps me so I stand up. She gave me a hug too “Don’t sleep too late and enjoy your tea” I nodded to her and she gave me a warmth smile.

 

“Goodnight Auntie” she went inside the house and left me and Seunghyun alone. I look at him and I can hear him singing.

 

 ♪And just like them old stars ,I see that you've come so far

To be right where you are, How old is your soul?  ♪

 

I sit beside him again and watch him sing while playing  guitar.

 

♪Well, I won't give up on us, Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love, I'm still looking up

 

 

He stops and drinks some of his tea. “Sing for me”

 

 

I gladly take the guitar on his hands. It’s been awhile since I play. I strum the guitar and he faces me “I haven’t played for a while, so I’m not that good ok?”

 

 

“Hey I’m no judge from kpop star so..” he jokes

 

 

♪Just call me if ever our paths may collide

I want you to call me under these darkened sky's

 

“Peter Bradley, I really like your choices of music” he interrupted me.

 

“Can’t you wait to talk?” I glare at him he holds his both hands up.

 

♪Whoever you love, whoever you kiss

The wandering between us I'm willing to miss

 

I look at Seunghyun and his eyes are close, I can’t help but to smile. He look peaceful.

 

♪Now I'm drifting out over deep oceans

And the tide won't take me back in

And these desperate nights I'll call you again and again

 

 

“Your voice always makes me feel at peace” I heard him

 

 

“Is that why you always call me?” I tease. I put down the guitar and he scoots himself more beside me.

 

 

“I guess but I’ll be honest with you, I really love talking to you” I think I just blush. Good thing the light here is not bright that he can’t see it.

 

“I won’t take that on you” I move closer to his ear “I get that a lot” I whispered and we both laugh.

 

 

“How’s your day?”

 

 

“Not GOOD!!! Totally!! Chae and I muster the sheeps well actually first she doesn’t want to help me but I am the boss right now so she just follow!” I smirked to him when I said I am the boss right now.

 

 

“Ok Boss” he salutes at me and we cheers are mugs and drink it.

 

 

“Then we dag the sheep! Oh I never heard the end of Chaerin’s complain until we finish dagging!! But it was so fulfilling when we finished it” I proudly told him. He pinched my nose he always do that to me and I’m used to it already.

 

“I am proud of you. Who would’ve thought that the LA girl will be dagging a sheep and not only one sheep”

 

 

“60 sheeps!” I lifted my head to him with smug.

 

 

“I hear yah” he said laughing

 

 

“Hows your day?” I ask him this time. He slung his arms on my shoulder another thing he always do that I got accustomed.

 

 

“Well it’s a Good happy Day” I heard him. I lean my head to his shoulder.

 

 

“Atleast there is one of us who got a nice day”

 

 

“Aren’t you going to ask me why it’s a happy day?” he asks while he plays my hair.

 

 

“Do you have to ask me before I ask” I rolled my eyes to him and the usual he laughs “Why?”

 

 

“Hmm let’s see why. I made a sandwich for this girl and she told me that it’s not bad” I smiled and I try to hide it on him.

 

 

“Then I had dinner with that girl too, can you believe my luck? She likes the steak that I grilled for her.. I saw her smile and just by seeing her smiling, it makes me happy already” he finished.

 

 

“So.. Making her eat makes you happy? I didn’t know you get happy that easily” I look up at him “I think that girl will gladly accept food again tomorrow if that will make you happy” I joked on him

 

 

“I think..I’ve got a crush on her” he whispered to me and I am sure that I am red as a tomato.

 

 

“I can’t blame you, she gets that a lot” I looked up.

 

 

Our eyes met. He was smiling at me. My hands raised to his face and touch it gently “I realized something” I told him while our eyes still locked

 

 

“What?” He holds my hand that’s been touching his face.

 

 

“That I have a Good happy day too”

 

 

Seunghyun interlaced our hands together. I don’t mind it.

 

 

 I like it.

 

 

 He kissed the side of my head then his arm that is on my shoulder went down to hug me on the waist while his hand is on top of our interlaced hands.  I lean my head on his neck and we are just quiet for minutes while looking on the stars in the sky.

 

 

“Do you want to dance?”  he breaks the silence.

 

 

“Now?” I look at him and he nodded. “We will look stupid”

 

 

“No one will see it, it’s only us who will know our little stupidity” he said, I think about it for a minute. Who cares if we look stupid right? Besides no one is here.

 

 

He then stands up and offer his hand to me. I look up to him and his boyish smile is plastered to his face again “You’re using that smile again” I told him and hold his hand and stand up.

 

 

 

“Well you said that you like this smile” He held me close to him. His right hand holding me close to him and his left hand holding mine. Since I’m short for him even if I wanted to put my arms on his neck I can’t reach it. But the advantage of being short and dancing with him? I can hear his heartbeat.

 

 

“So you’re taking advantage of it” I ask him while we are swaying slowly together but instead of answering me he just hold me tighter.

 

 

We danced while he is humming, we take turns.

 

 

We didn’t talk much we don’t want to break the mood that we have now.

 

 

We danced for a long time.

 

 

 

And I have a secret…

 

 

I love the way he is holding me right now, it feels like he doesn’t want to let me go.

 

 

A/N hOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT.. DONT FORGET TO

COMMENT SUBSCRIBE ^.^