New Friend

Drovers Run

“HYUNG!!!”

 

Mino shouts at  the older guy who’s  been staring on nothing with a smile on his face.  “I’ve been calling you. Are you still on cloud 9?”

 

Seunghyun smiled at him and pat his head. Yes I am still on cloud nine and who wouldn’t be? I was with Sandara last night. We talked, we sing, we danced, we laugh. Every time were together, I always discover new things about her and I love every bit of it.

 

“Hyung stop smiling. You look stupid” I heard Mino again.

 

“Why are you watching me, instead of working?”

 

“I am working, but every time I ask you for something you don’t answer me or you’re just smiling. Did you score last night to Sandara noona?” He wiggles his brows to me and I immediately slap the back of his head.

 

“ Mino! What the hell!! I didn’t score nor did whatever something dirty to Sandara!!” why do I sound defensive?

 

“Then why are you smiling all the time?” he ask me while patting his head.

 

“What do you think?”

 

“Hyung lets stop the guessing game you know I’m not really good at that”

 

I scowl at him. He is no fun! “I was with Sandara last night. We didn’t do whatever dirty thing that’s on your mind but we spend a good quality time together. And I am happy about it.”

 

“You had it bad hyung” I heard him said.

 

“I don’t know but it just happen” Mino knows what I feel for Sandara. Both of us are always together. When Sandara was avoiding me before, he catch all the frustration that I had. He asks me why I am so mad at the world and I started opening up to him. It’s obvious that I can’t tell it to Kris even though I wanted to  and I think that’ll be awkward.

 

“Is it ok to ask you about Kris hyung?” he ask me warily.

 

“Fireaway”

 

“Do you think Kris hyung is ok with all of this?” I look at Mino and to be honest I don’t want to answer it, maybe because I am not sure on what to say.

 

“Will Kris hyung accept it if you and Sandara noona become a couple?” he ask again.

 

“I don’t know. To be very honest  He gave me a go signal but I’m such a lousy brother that I didn’t even think of what he will feel.”

 

“Is he cool that you and Sandara noona are this close already?”

 

“He said its ok.. You know what you’re right.. I should really know if he is cool with everything. I should talk to him about Sandara”

 

“You should hyung.. Don’t give him a reason to tell you that you are taking what he wants again” My ears perks up on what just Mino said. I can’t scold him on what he just said because that is the truth. I took what he wants before and I don’t want him to say that again to me.

 

 

++

 

Bom and Kris are seated on the nearest diner on their motel that they are staying and having their breakfast. Kris is just having his coffee while Bom has a plate of bacon, egg, hash and sausage with a coffee on the side too.

 

“Heard your drinking with Youngbae last night” There is a malice on his voice.

 

“Yes and I screw it again” Bom said without even denying it.

 

“Again? What stupid thing did you do again?” He asks Bom as if he is genuinely concern.

 

“Well I told him not to go to Drovers if he thinks my apology is just to get him check Drovers” I devastatedly said while chewing my hash potato.

 

Kris laughs at her and sips on his coffee. “And he said he won’t?”

 

Bom throw the balled napkin he made on Kris “Will you stop!! I am screwed already ok!! It’s not funny!!” she hissed on him and just focus on the food on her plate.

 

“Don’t you know the saying that be careful on what you wish for! Why did you told him that”

 

“I just want to prove to him that I am sincere with my apology” she defended herself

 

“But you are not sincere right?”

 

“Uhmm just a little.. Dara said I should apologize and act nice” she annoyingly puts the bacon on on the memory of what happen last night.

 

“Only you don’t know how to act nice” Kris continues, he knows Bom so well. She is actually not the type who knows when to bow down and that’s what my advantage to her when it comes to this business. I know who are the people to step on and I know who are the people that I need to be treated extra special.

 

“It’s not my forte ok?” I replied and Kris just laugh “By the way, Dara said she miss you” Bom tells Kris and give him a knowing smile.

 

Kris looks at Bom and gives her a side smile “Did she really?”

 

Bom nodded and stick her fork on the sausage. “You guys should talk. I think she’s been really missing you,  since you guys don’t hang out like before now.”

 

“Then why she doesn’t call me?” Kris asks

 

“You know my sister..She is the typical girl”

 

Kris forehead crease on what Bom’s said “What do you mean by that?”

 

“Girls who waits for the guy to call first” She informed him

 

“I don’t think you know your sister at all” He softly chuckle. “Dara is not a typical girl she gets what she wants if she wanted too. She can even get someone without her knowing it” he meaningfully said to Bom which made Bom lift her brow to Kris. She is not stupid.

 

“What do you mean by that” Bom ask eventhough she knows what he really means.

 

“Why do girls always act like they don’t know, even if they do” he comesback to Bom and give her a sly smile

 

“Maybe because we don’t really know” she fires back on him.

 

Kris shakes his head to Bom “What I mean is Dara already got Seunghyun eventhough she doesn’t know it yet”

 

Bom close her fist tightly and glare at Kris. “Noona, comeon when will you accept it?”

 

“I’m done here Kris.. Pay for it.. Thanks” Bom was about to walk away but Kris grabs her wrist.

 

“I’ll pay for it but finish your food” he tells her and make her sit again.

 

“How can I finish it if you are just going to pester me with those non-sense things” Bom gritted on Kris but the guy just chuckle on her that made her even more irritated.

 

“You shouldn’t made Dara stay in Drovers then. I know that Dara just wants money to buy the place that she’s been eyeing on LA. Give her money so she’ll live Drovers and hyung will be yours again” Kris smiles on Bom.

 

“What the are you saying you !! You want me to send away the only family I have because of Seunghyun?? I love your brother but I love my sister aswell!! So shut your mouth I don’t want to hear your ing voice!”  She is fuming on Kris right now. Does he really think I will choose Seunghyun over my sister is that how low he thinks of me?!

 

Kris just laughs on Bom and hold her shoulder but Bom aggressively take it off “Comeon noona don’t tell me you didn’t find that as a good idea. I won’t judge you if you do that. Sure you love your sister but your inlove with hyung. I don’t want to tell you one day that I told you so”

 

“I don’t think you’re even qualified to judge me you face!!” Bom standsup and stormed out the diner fuming on Kris. She keeps on cursing on him, she doesn’t like how Kris made her feel that she is desperate with Seunghyun and how he thinks that he can just throw away her sister.

 

“Bom!!”

 

Bom turn her head on who is calling her and she saw Youngbae. She can’t hide her irritation with Kris so she can’t even  fake a smile. She just watches the guy approaching her.

 

“I don’t think Morning is treating you good”

 

“He is freaking not!! I actually don’t even know if I want to stay longer here in Kallani. I might just catch up a bus and go home”

 

“That bad?” Youngbae simply ask trying to be careful on what he is saying he doesn’t want to prick a nerve.

 

“Ah-huh, I hate what is happening to me here and I ing hate that dickhead Kris!!” she furiously said to Youngbae

 

“What did that kid do to make you fume like that?” Youngabe curiously ask

 

“He ing trying to my mind!!”

 

“He s your mind?” Youngbae confusely ask

 

Bom looks at Youngbae and suddenlu burst  on laughing. Now Youngbae became more confuse and she laughs even more.

 

“I’m sorry, it just that I said he s my mind!! Hahaha.. How can someone   your mind??!” Bom continuously laugh.

 

“Bom are you ok?” he is now concern on what is happening in front of him.

 

“I am now. Did I scare you?”

 

“A little” He seriously said.

 

Bom slaps Youngbae’s shoulder “Yah!! Why are you dense!”

 

“I am not dense ok.. You are enraged one second and laughing hysterically the other. Who will not get scared”

 

“Whatever but thanks for asking” Bom

 

“Are you ok now?”

 

“Not really but it got lessen.”

 

“Are you in a mood for a cup of coffee now?” Youngbae ask her, he’s been meaning to ask her actually that’s why she approach her but she is not in mood earlier.

 

“I just had my coffee but since you made me feel a little better I’ll go with you but can we go to another place.”

 

Youngbae nods to her and lead her on where they will be getting their coffee.

 

++

“Did you get some good news Dara?” Aunt Eunju ask. They are now in the middle of their lunch. The three of them actually notice how smiley Dara today. This morning she was even humming and smiling all the time. She is not even as assertive like yesterday and just go with what Chaerin wants.

 

“News? What kind of news Auntie?” She is being clueless.

 

The three ladies Aunt Eunju, Gummy and CL look at each other. “Well unnie it’s just that you’re all smiley and not too assertive today. Did something happen?”

 

Dara then smile and remember what happen last night. She thought that after their dance last night. She will be awkward to him for a moment,  but it’s the opposite that happen. She got more comfortable with him, she even want to spend more time on him and discover more of him.

 

“Dara are you ok? Like really are you ok. Did something happen?” Gummy ask Dara again when the girl just smile.

 

“OMG!! You are with Seunghyun oppa last night right? Did you get boned?”

 

“CHAERIN!!!” Gummy and Dara yelled, while Aunt Eunju is confused

 

“What does she mean by boned?” Aunt Eunju ask

 

“Mom it means that Oppa and Unnie had ”  she casually said and it made her earn a big smack from her mom.

 

“Chaerin, I can’t believe you said that to your unnie. Apologize!” She ordered her but Dara said it’s not necessary.

 

“Chaerin I didn’t get boned ok? I just had a good sleep last night that’s why I’m in the good mood ok?” Dara tells her. her phone rings and she immediately check on who is it and a smile appear on her face again. She gets out of the kitchen and went to the study to take it.

 

“What did you had for lunch?”

 

“Grilled Lamb chops and veggies. You?”

 

“Smoked salmon sandwich. So are you game for a dinner here later?”

 

“I’m always game when it comes to food!” she cheerfully said

 

“ I’ll make a nice dinner for you”

 

“I can’t wait..” she is excited.

 

“I’ll pick you up at 5?”

 

“That’s early for dinner”

 

“We are going to buy ingredients.. I want you to come with me”

 

“OK.. 5 it is then” she excitedly asnwers

 

“Dara someone wants to talk to you outside” Dara heard Gummy

 

Dara puts down her phone first before replying to her “Me? Who?”

 

“I don’t know offering some fertilizer.. She wants to talk to the owner”

 

Dara face lit up “I’ll be there in 5 minutes” Gummy nodded and left..

 

“Seunghyun I have business  to attend do” She squeal

 

“Aren’t you a little excited for that?” He asks her. She is always excited when she feels like she is doing transaction for Drovers.

 

“Do I sound excited? I need to sound profesh!” she excitedly exclaimed

 

“Calm your nerves woman. What is it about?”

 

“Someone is offering a fertilizer. What should I do? We already have one should I reject it?”

 

“Don’t! Ask for a sack of sample.. They should have it.. Tell them that you will test it first before you make any transaction. Ask how much is it per sack and how much will it be if you buy per bulk?” He instructed

 

“My Seunghyun-ah sounds so profesh!” she said giddily

 

“Your Seunghyun-ah?” He said while smiling liking what she said.

 

Dara suddenly feel embarrassed realizing on what she just said “I better go someone is waiting.. bye!” She hurriedly said and end the call “Dara can’t you get any obvious?”

 

Dara then went outside and saw the girl that maybe about her age sitting on the veranda with her sacks of fertilizer.  The girl instantly stands when she saw me approaching her.

 

“Hi nice to meet you. I’m Jayjay from GrowFine we are selling an organic fertilizers and we can be your supplier to with a guaranteed low price”

 

“Jayjay I’ll be straight to you. We already have a supplier but if you have a sample of your fertilizer I will be glad to try it out and check how does it work and think about it” Dara politely said to Jayjay

 

“Then that’ll be great. I have a sack of sample of fertilizer here. It’s an organic fertilizer  so I am sure it’ll boost the soil's reserves of elements essential to the healthy growth and development of your plants.” She earnestly said to Dara.

 

“I will take note on to that” Dara just said but she really don’t get it.

 

“Thank you very much. Can I get your name if you don’t mind?”

 

“Oh I”m sorry my bad for not telling you right away. I’m Dara”

 

“You look like right about my age. Do you own the place?”

 

Dara laughs on her as she remember that’s what she thought too when she saw Jayjay earlier. “You know what I actually thought of that too. Yes I own it with my sister. She is not here right now that’s why I’m the one who is talking to you”

 

“You have a sister? That’s great, I’m actually jealous to people who have siblings. I don’t have any siblings and my parents are dead already so I am officially alone”

 

“I am sorry to hear that. Do you live here in Maxwell?” Dara ask her, she felt bad for the girl. she knows how hard it is to live on your own without anyone to depend on.

 

“No but I live close by, I actually just move here. I am from Wilson so I don’t really know much people here.”

 

“I just move here too not too long ago.” Dara becomes excited

 

“Do you mind if we hang out sometimes? I don’t really know a lot of people. I live in the small apartment so it’ll be nice to meet new people”

 

“You know what that actually is a good idea. I am usually just with the people I live with and couple of friends so a new person in my life is a must”

 

“I was just trying to offer you a fertilizer I didn’t know I will get a much better one. Thanks Dara, I’ll leave my number to you so that you can just call me when we will hangout” jayjay writes down her number and gave it to Dara.

 

Both of them chat for a little more but Jayjay can’t stay for long as she has to visit other farms and ranches to offer the fertilizer. Both of them promise to communicate and Dara can’t hide how happy she is that she met a new friend.

 

 

A/N : DONT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE AND TELL ME YOUR COMMENTS.. ^.^