Chapter 2

Remembering the Forgotten

“What the hell! It’s not written in here!”

“Didn’t you get the revised one? Look here” Junmyeon showed the script.

“M-Mwo?”

“Sad story, right? You’ll die in the end. Well, eventually, you really will.”

‘What mess did I enter?’

He put the script on the table.

“What the hell, Junmyeon? Would you stop reminding me that?!”

“Chill, dude. Truth hurts, I know”

He shook his head and went out of the shoot. He ran to the nearest café.

“Babe! Good to see you again,” one of his girls greeted once he entered.

‘Arrrgh. I forgot that I have one babe here. Good. Then I have something to play with’

“What’s your order, babe?”

“Café latte.”

The girl stared at him for a second.

“That’s all?”

“Neh”

She nodded and rushed his orders to the counter. After that, she went to the empty chair in front of Jongin and leaned her chin on her palms.

“Babe, how’s everything going? You didn’t visit me for about 3 days,” she whined.

“Aw. Mian, babe. You know my sched is too… tight”

“Mhm. Like me?” She winks playfully.

 Jongin smirked. “Do you know how much I miss you right now? And do you know how much I’m craving for you right now? Disregard the café latte. Can I order you instead?” He inched closer, their lips only centimeters away from each other.

“J-Jongin?”

He pulled away and saw Kyungsoo who just came in. A tear dropped to her cheek while staring seriously at Jongin. She wiped it away with force and glared at the girl. The girl just raised her eyebrow on Kyungsoo and eyed her from head to toe. She pulled Jongin closer to her and kissed his lips. Surprised, Jongin pushed the girl and she fell to the ground. Looking at Kyungsoo again, her face is burning out of anger and he felt her temper surrounding her.

“Jongin… Wae?”

Another tear escaped from her eye until she let all of it fall. Even herself. She let herself kneel. Her knees were too weak to carry the heaviness her heart was feeling. Jongin rushed to Kyungsoo and hugged her. Kyungsoo unlocked his hug and stood up as soon as she recovered.

“I gave you everything. I tried to understand your schedule. I tried my best to make this relationship work. But I’m so dumb to not realize that if you really love me, busy is just a word. I was wrong when I trusted you. I was wrong when I thought you’re the one. I was wrong when I chose to love you. Jongin, I was wrong. That’s why—“

Jongin hugged her again. Kyungsoo tried to get away from him but he’s far too strong right now. He kissed her head. “Sorry, Kyungsoo. I-I’m so sorry. I didn’t know what I’m doing.”

“Let me go.” Her voice was cold.

Jongin quickly complied with a sad face.

“Sorry? You know, sorry is just a word. And yeah, thank you. ‘Cause finally now, I know what I should be doing. And it’s not staying here…with you. I gotta go my own way.”

Kyungsoo went out of the café and left Jongin’s mouth hanging. The flirt came beside Jongin and touched his arms seductively.

“Babe, shall we continue?”

This time, Jongin wasn’t in the mood to play along. He glared at her and held her by the arm tightly.

“Can’t you understand that I have a girlfriend that I have to deal with? Ugh!”

She winced at his sudden action and to the pain of Jongin’s hand on her arm. Jongin let go of her but then she spoke once more.

“You don’t have to deal with me, you silly”

“Who even said that you’re my girlfriend?! Damn! Shameful e. Here!” He threw the money to her face and walked out of the café to search for Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo!!!”

He looked around and saw no signs of her. ‘Where could she be? She wouldn’t go home ‘coz she knows I’ll follow her there. Where is—Aha!’

The train station. They always go there. Kyungsoo might be weird but that truth is train stations for her is the best. Having that in his mind, Jongin hurried to the train station.

He started asking nearby people questions if they saw Kyungsoo and described her. All he needed was a wanted poster for him to look like a police looking for a suspect. No one of them said ‘Yes, I saw her. She’s over there.’

‘Don’t tell me she’s not here?’

He walked and walked until he found a commotion not so far from him.

“What’s this all about?”

People are begging for her not to jump on the railings. The lights of the train is already on her sight and she’s just waiting for her cue to jump.

“Uhh. Excuse me.” Jongin didn’t have to struggle because people already made way for him. Perks of being popular.

She heard his voice and she swallowed hard upon hearing him. She faced him with a bitter face. “Here to watch?”

“KYUNG! NO!” He was about to run to her but then she stepped one of her foot in mid-air.

“Don’t touch me. Don’t take a step. Or else, I’ll jump.”

Jongin was totally frightened at her strength to do such thing. “Kyung, another chance, jebal?”

“No.”

“You’re not using your mind again! You’re wrong again this time. You think killing yourself is the solution? Think Kyungsoo, think!”

“Not having a mind is better than not having a heart. Where’s yours, Jongin? Don’t worry, I’ll donate mine so you can use it.”

“Kyungsoo! Don’t say that!”

Kyungsoo looked at the nearing train. “Be happy”

Kyungsoo let her body fall but then Jongin caught her. But accidentally, Jongin slipped with a candy wrapper on the ground and his body fell to the railings.

The bus peeped at him loudly. All he can see was lights. The blinding lights of the train that was coming near.