Chapter 17

Remembering the Forgotten

As days passed, Kyungsoo started to feel different. She felt empty. It was like being without Jongin bothered her. Well, more than bothered. 

"Hey, hey, you sure you're okay?" Baekhyun asked when Kyungsoo stared blankly at the floor and didn't answer Baekhyun's practice-for-interview-question.

What interview? For her job, she'll apply as a girl group manager. What girl group? f(x)

From the very start, she idolized those girls, and now that the manager spot is vacant, she wants to grab the chance.

"Kyung, I'm not sure if you'll get accepted. Don't be like this! I want to see f(x) too!"

Kyungsoo came back to reality when she heard 'f(x).' "Ugh, I'm so distracted and I don't know why."

"Distracted?"

"Like something's missing."

"You're missing Jongin. That's certain."

"How can you be so sure? I told you, I don't love him."

"Is that what your heart tells you?"

Kyungsoo looked at her laced fingers. "You know what, Baek? I-I'm really bothered. Because I think I'm bipolar. It's like I want him with me and on the other hand, I don't want. It's really difficult to decide. It's like there's two personas within me. I don't know what to do anymore."

She banged her head on the table across them and extended her hand to reach the other end of the table.

Baekhyun reached for her hand. "I think I know what you mean. Your heart doesn't agree with your mind. That's common. Especially for people like you."

"What do you mean people like me? Should I find that offensive?"

"Nope. I mean, for those who has no experience in relationships. People like you tend to be afraid of the consequences of being hurt. But you know, pain is just a consequence of love. It's basically part of growing up. Well, if only you're growing up." Then Baekhyun eyed her from head to toe.

"Says the person who grew up so many inches tall," Kyungsoo replied sarcastically.

"I'm kidding, okay? Don't be too serious. What I'm pointing out here is that, there's nothing to be afraid of. I think he'll love you to death."

"Baek-- Ugh! It's his last day here. And it's also my only chance to be f(x)'s manager.

"If you don't go to Jongin, there's a chance that you won't see him again. It's either Jongin or f(x). Who do you love more?"

"Ugh. This , really" Kyungsoo lifted her bag and quickly exited the door.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, watched with a smile on her face. "Choose Jongin"

***

Kyungsoo knocked furiously on Jongin's door. 

"YAH! OPEN THIS! I KNOW YOU'RE THERE."

No one answered. Kyungsoo tried to eavesdrop, but there was nothing she can hear.

"Don't tell me..."

Kyungsoo immediately thought of the last time the y talked. "Portal"

She quickly ran to where her feet told her to go. She didn't know if it's the right place, but somewhere deep down, some urge was forcing her to run.

"JONGIN!!! WHERE ARE YOU?"

With the place's large area, she couldn't possibly find Jongin within a minute. "Jongin, I don't know if you can hear me. But please, just listen." Kyungsoo took a deep breath. "I know it's late for realization, so forgive me. But Jongin, I already knew what you are to me. Before, my life wasn't actually life. What I mean is, I never lived the life the way people would usually do. Do you get my point? But well, you came along. I thought you were just another creature, another selfish creature, one of the boys that would try to break my heart. I know I'm not in the position to judge men, especially when I have no experience, but admit it, you judge people too. First impressions, they call it. I'm not even aware that your presence will affect me like this. I thought you were just like a sea urchin, a display, something like that. I thought you were actually purposeless. Or maybe your purpose is just to stalk me. Not being rude, but that's what I thought. But you know what? After everything that happened, I realized something, you are not purposeless, you're not one of those boys that I hate, you're not anything that I thought-- complete opposite. Jongin, I know that your explanation was so out of this world, but I believe you. Because I know you wouldn't lie. You're not just a creepy stalker, you're not just someone without a purpose, you are destined for me. Was that cheesy? Well, sorry. But ok, you're here because of me, to prove that you love me. I'm telling you, you've done well. Although I didn't show much appreciation, can I tell you this? I appreciate every single thing you did. And sorry because I just realized those things. Jongin, you told me you love me. You wouldn't hurt me if I tell you that I feel the same, right? So can you not leave? Because hey, I actually love you."

Tears started to dwell on her cheeks. "Gosh, I actually said that I love you. I thought those words won't even come out from my mouth."

Then Kyungsoo heard footsteps coming her way. She looked up and saw Jongin smiling at her.

"I'm speechless."

Kyungsoo slapped his arm while crying constantly. "I thought you were gone, you bastard!"

Jongin ruffled her hair "So sweet of you to call me bastard, huh?"

"Ugh! You were not supposed to hear those things" Kyungsoo looked down, embarrassed.

Jongin lifted up her chin. "Don't be shy. You don't need to be. Although some are offensive, I really found your confession cute. I actually didn't feel the need to be offended because you always have a reason for telling those." He sighed. "I wish I could stay here with you. I would spend my whole lifetime with you. Or even forever."

"Can't you just stay?"

"If I could, I will." Jongin caressed her cheek. "But a deal is a deal. Three weeks won't be long, I think."

"It's not long because you're not the one who'll wait, it's me! I don't want to wait. I want you here. Why now? Why now when I actually realized that I love you?"

Jongin blushed a little bit. So gay of him. "Can you repeat the last three words"

Kyungsoo glared at him. "I said I love--"

Jongin sealed her lips with a kiss. None of them wanted to get out of the kiss. If they could stay there forever, they really would. But then, a light both of their faces.

The portal was right in front of Jongin.

"Can I just go with you?"

"Nope. You'll be safe here. You wouldn't want to be like me, right? Inhabitor?"

"I just wanna be with you" Kyungsoo pouted.

"I wanna be with you too. But Kyungie, you have to understand that in love, you don't always get what you want. You need to make sacrifices it order to have some things you want. Afterall, I started this, so let me end this. I'll go back to you, I promise. And I swear, it won't be broken."

She hugged him for the last time. "Don't get yourself hurt. I'm not a very good nurse."

"I'll take good care of myself. So you better do too. Bye, I love you."

"I love you too."

With that, Jongin jumped into the portal and left Kyungsoo with her jaw dropped.

"That's an actual portal I saw"

 

A/N: I already want to finish this story. I shall make this quick.