Chapter 6

Remembering the Forgotten

Kyungsoo was disturbed by a knock on the door.

“Are they home early?”

Kyungsoo walked towards the door and opened it only to see Jongin cockily standing there.

“Freakin’ stalker!!”

“Yah! Yah! I’m not!”

“Then how did you know my house if we just met awhile ago?!”

“I-I-I’m intelligent like that! Don’t question it! I have an IQ above Einstein’s!”

“Like I believe you.”

Jongin held her hand. “Trust me.”

Kyungsoo slapped his hands away. “We just MET. This bastard…”

“YAH!”

Kyungsoo glared at him. “Don’t yell at me. LEAVE”

“Aniyo. I will—“

Kyungsoo shut the door.

“Kyungie! Open the door”

“Heh.” Kyungsoo walked towards the kitchen and continued her own business.

Suddenly, she heard a loud thunder and then all came out as black.

“,” she muttered under her breath. She’s scared of the dark but she acted like she wasn’t.

“AH!!” she screamed when a pointed object cut her skin.

“KYUNGSOO?! Are you okay?!” Jongin knocked on the door like crazy.

“What the? YAH! YOU STALKER! GO AWAY!”

“NO!”

He went backwards to get some force and then kicked the door. He turned his phone on to serve as a flashlight. “Kyungsoo…”

He searched for her on the couches but she isn’t there. Kyungsoo ran towards the light and hugged the immediate person in there which happened to be Jongin.

“, , .”

“Hey, stop cursing.”

Kyungsoo looked up and saw Jongin smiling at her. She suddenly pushed him away with horrified eyes.

“Why are you still here?” She asked, almost whispering.

“I’m making sure that you’re okay.”

“You don’t need to. I can handle myself.”

“Ah jinjjah?” Jongin looked at her arm and noticed that it’s bleeding. “So this is how you handle yourself?” He lifted Kyungsoo’s arm.

Kyungsoo looked down and bit her lip. “Because it’s dark… I got scared and—OH ”

Jongin laughed at Kyungsoo’s reaction. His phone suddenly ran out of battery. He heard that Kyungsoo’s breathing came fast so he immediately opened the door to give them some light. They can’t go outside anyway, it will rain anytime soon. Well, that’s what he forecasted.

“Calm down, Kyung. Wait, let me see your cut”

Kyungsoo covered his arm and told him not to come closer. “The hell, you’re still a stranger to me.”

“Uhm… I’ve been saving you for two times already.”

“Do I need to pay you back then? Just tell me how much then leave.”

“Yah! I’m not after the money.”

“Then what?”

“Nothing. I’m here to protect you.”

“Wae? Who are you really?”

“I’m Kim Jongin, ok? Put that in your mind.”

Jongin walked to the kitchen even without light and got the first aid kit effortless.

“How did you know where that kit is located?”

“Uhm… Because… in my house, it’s also located there. Now stop throwing me questions and sit down.”

Kyungsoo sat down on the couch and Jongin sat beside her. He immediately pulled out a cotton ball and alcohol to clean up the cut.

“Er..” Kyungsoo tried hard not to flinch but it was way too painful to resist.

Jongin held her hand and squeezed it. “Don’t think that it’s painful, araseo?”

Kyungsoo nodded and closed her eyes while biting her lip.

Jongin finally put a band-aid on her arm. Kyungsoo looked at the band-aid and then to Jongin then looked down. Shy at what she did to him awhile ago.

Maybe because of strong wind, the door closed with a loud slam.

“AHHH!”

“Kyungsoo, calm down”

Kyungsoo stepped away from her position and Jongin sighed and his hands tried to find her but unfortunately… he touched Kyungsoo’s chest.

Kyungsoo slapped his hand away. “YOU ERT BASTARD!”

“M-Mianhae! I-I didn’t know. Y-You moved away that’s—“

“So it’s my fault, huh? This bastard… Get out!”

“Hey, Kyungie, I’m sorry.”

“Don’t Kyungie me. Don’t call me that. Only Baek calls me that.”

“But—“

“LEAVE.”

“Aish. Why are you so hard on me?”

“Because I don’t know you. And yes, you saved me twice on this same day. But you’re freaking me out! Don’t you know how creepy it is that you know my house, you know where the first aid kit is and you ing touched me!”

“YAH! I didn’t intend to do that! I’m serious here.”

“I’m also serious here so leave before I can hug you…”

“Go ahead”

“…With a rope. On the neck!”

Jongin ignored her and hugged her. She can now smell Jongin’s scent. That manly scent he possessed that can make every girl turn crazy.

“Let. Go. Of. Me”

“Kyungsoo…” he hugged her tighter.

“This is all so hard for me so please… just let me show you that I’ve changed…” A tear dropped on Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

 

A/N: Sorry if you waited for a while. You still with me? School started last Monday and on our third day, we already got a total of 10+ homeworks. WITHIN 3 DAYS. How ty is that? -_- I'm too busy but then I need to learn time management so that I can be responsible with this. Thanks!