Chapter 15

Remembering the Forgotten

"AHH!!!" Kyungsoo quickly got out of the bed. "Why are we in the same room?!"

"You were the one who requested me to stay."

"What are you talking about?!! I would never say such thing!"

"You said 'Jongin pls, don't leave.'"

"Eh?!" 

Suddenly, memories of Jongin and her last night came through her mind.

"F-Forget it!" She stormed out of the room, her cheeks flushing. 

"Why did I even think of that ?" She went straight to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

"Should I prepare his breakfast too? Nah, never mind."

She noticed a photo album inside the oven. "The hell is this doing inside an oven? Jongin really"

She turned the pages of the album and gasped when she saw the photos.

It's all pictures of her... with a guy... and the creepy thing is... the guy's face is always blurred.

"JONGIN!!"

Jongin quickly rushed to Kyungsoo's side. "Yes, jagi?"

"Don't you jagi me. What is the meaning of this?" She shoved the album in Jongin's chest.

"Uhm.. a photo album?"

"Idiot, I mean, why do I have so many pictures is there? Such a creep"

Jongin slowly turned the pages and realized that it was Kyungsoo's gift for him on their 100th day. "Oh... I'm just so attracted to you... So I took photos of you."

"And who's that guy? It wouldn't be Chanyeol. I don't remember having a boyfriend. So what's with the kissing picture?"

"Uhm... Can we talk this over?"

"No. Tell me right now"

Jongin sighed and pulled out a chair. "Have a seat"

Kyungsoo complied and raised an eyebrow "Now speak."

"Let me take my seat first, kay?"

"Fine" Kyungsoo rolled her eyes.

"If I tell you that those are pictures of us, would you believe me?"

"Eh? How can we have these pictures? Baek and Yeol don't even know you"

"Remember what I told you before? That it's like you have an amnesia? Well, that's close to reality."

"What do you mean?"

"The only possible reason you'll believe is that you have an amnesia. But that's not actually it."

"Jongin, this is so confusing." Kyungsoo got a grip of her hair. "But fine, let me hear it from you."

"Are you ready?"

Kyungsoo just stared at him.

"Ok, I get it." He sighed once more. "It started when I accidentally went to the portal of another world... King Suho discovered that I have needs... Needs like fame, money...and girls. But in exchange of those things, I need to give my next life on his planet. EXO planet. That's the reason that I only get to stay on Earth 5 hours per day. But this week is different, I am able to stay the whole week. Because of another deal. And for you lost memories, King Suho is the one responsible. If I live in EXO planet, he has to remove every mark of me here in Earth and store new memories. That's why you don't remember me."

Kyungsoo blinked in response. "Are you for real?"

"You asked me to tell the truth, now I told you."

"But it seems so--"

"Impossible?"

"Y-Yeah."

"I'm sorry... This is all my fault. If I didn't make a deal with Suho, this wouldn't happen. I would still be alive on Earth and we'd still be together. And not Sehun's soul would occupy my body"

"Who's Sehun?"

"Something like an inhabitor. He's from EXO planet"

"So are you Sehun or Jongin?"

"I'm the real owner of this body. But when I'm not here, Sehun is occupying my body"

"I think I can't take this all in. I'm so sorry. I'm leaving." Kyungsoo got up of her seat but Jongin held her wrist.

"Your memories will be back. But please... Kyungsoo..." a tear escaped from his eye and soon he's crying. "Please...trust me. I have no one right now but you. Please." Jongin kneeled down and hugged Kyungsoo's legs. "Stay with me."

"How can I trust you if I can't understand anything?"

"Please..."

"Remove your hands from me"

"NO!! I can't let you go now"

"Jongin, I'll kneel down, would you remove your hands?"

"Oh okay" Jongin removed his hands from her.

Kyungsoo kneeled down and wiped Jongin's tears using her thumbs. "Don't cry."

"You don't understand, Kyungsoo. I need you to stay here within this week because I'm leaving soon."

"Eh?!"

"I'm staying in EXO planet for 3 weeks to fulfill a mission. After that, I can be back here but there's no assurance that you'll get your memories back."

"How can I be sure that you're telling the truth?"

"Look at me in the eyes. These eyes will tell you the truth."

Kyungsoo stared at him carefully. "Jongin... give me some space please?"

"Kyungsoo... if I don't succeed and I can't come back... please always know that I'll always love you."

Kyungsoo held his hand. "Thank you for trusting me and for loving me. But if I can't love you back, please be happy with someone else."

"I can't. I don't want to commit the same mistake again, Kyungsoo. For the first time in my life, I knew... I knew what I truly need. And it's you. Please... I'm begging you."

"Jongin, I need some space. Please understand that. I understand that you only have one week left. But I don't want you to hold on to me if I can't return your feelings.If I can be back this week, it means I'm willing to risk my heart for you. But if I don't, it means I want you to be happy with someone else."

Jongin lowered his head. "Kyungsoo--"

"Jongin, look at me"

Jongin unwillingly looked at her. "I only want you to be happy. So please...grant my wish for you."

Jongin nodded his head "Can I ask you a favor?"

"Sure. Anything."

"Can I kiss you?"

"Are you nuts?"

"I'm kidding." He chuckled. "Be happy. With or without me."

"I would."

"Is that a promise?"

"Pinky promise."

With that, Jongin and Kyungsoo entwined their pinky fingers and smiled at each other for the last time.

"'Til next time, Jongin"

"Hope to see you soon"

 

A/N: I planned to update last Christmas but then I sleeped early. LOL. I'm so sorry subbies TT^TT Forgive meeeh /cries/ Anyway, Christmas would be coming soon in this fic.