Chapter 3

Remembering the Forgotten

“At last, Kai! At last!” Junmyeon greeted Kai the moment he opened his eyes.

“W-Where am I?” He asked even if he’s afraid to know the answer.

“In my planet.”

Jongin gasped and looked around. Definitely, he’s on EXO planet. He already died on Earth. And his next life must be in EXO planet. Well, that’s the deal.

*Flashback*

Jongin was just hiking to relax himself when he found a portal to another planet. He touched it and he was surprised to see his fingers passing through it. He decided to go inside out of curiosity. He was shocked to see a different world. A more advanced world.

“What do you want, human?”

“Uhm… may I know who are you first?”

He cleared his throat. “King Suho. And you’re?”

“Jongin.” He bowed 90 degrees before facing him again.

“So what do you want?”

“Will you grant it?”

“Ask no more and I’ll see what I can do.”

“I want everything I desire to be mine.”

King Suho nodded. “By the looks of you, I already know what you mean. I can grant it. On one condition”

“Anything”

“You’ll die eventually on Earth. I want your next life to be here on EXO planet. I want you to be my follower. I’ll give everything you need if you promise to put your life on my hands”

“Deal.”

**

He swallowed hard upon remembering those words.

“How about those people I left behind? What will happen to them?”

“I erased their memories with you and created new ones with other people. No need to worry. And if you’ll ask about your body, it’s already occupied by a new Earthling.”

His eyes widened. “What?! But… Junmye—“

“King Suho”

“King Suho. It’s not on the deal”

“Well, of course. You’re not even concerned about the people around you. Why should I let you know? You don’t even care how much you hurt people. You don’t care about what they feel.”

“That’s not true! I care about them! Especially—“

“Kyungsoo?”

“N-Neh”

Junmyeon just nodded. “Sure, you care. That’s why you cheated on her several times and told her you’re busy when in fact you always asked a lot of breaks from me. Of course, you do care”

“Don’t blame me.”

“I’m not blaming you. You’re just too guilty. Is your conscience killing you now? Aw. Sad story. Really sad”

He was about to punch him but then his bodyguards stopped him.

“You know, Kai, if you just knew the word ‘importance,’ this wouldn’t happen.” Suho walked past him and went out of his room.

He rubbed his face while thinking hardly of everything wrong he did. ‘Making a deal with Suho . It’s the worst thing I’ve done.’ He punched the mattress of his bed and stood up. He faced the mirror and examined his appearance. Physically, there’s no change. But emotionally, he’s starting to feel what the word ‘importance’ meant. And right now, there’s nothing he can do to bring everything back. A deal is a deal after all.

*Meanwhile on Earth*

“CHANYEOL!!!!” Kyungsoo shouted at the top of her lungs when he pinched her cheeks.

Chanyeol hurried upstairs only to be yelled by Baekhyun.

“What the hell are you doing again this time, Chanyeol?!”

“I-I—“

“Kyungie, what did he do?”

“He pinched my cheeks hardly”

“You!” Baekhyun grabbed him by the ear and pulled him to her room.

Kyungsoo laced her fingers together. She suddenly felt the urge of loving somebody. She suddenly thought of the feeling of being loved. She asked herself why she didn’t experience it… for the past 23 years of her existence.

“I envy Baekhyun and Chanyeol. They are such a good couple”

She sighed as she placed her hands on the table in front of her.

“How I wish I was her.” She shook her head at her thought.

She turned the television on and a romance show appeared in front of her. And in all of the scenes, it’s a bed scene. She was about to switch the channel but then she heard a gasp upstairs. She turned to look and she saw Baekhyun’s shocked expression while Chanyeol is laughing heartlessly.

‘Gahd. Why does he have to be so cute?’

“Y-Yah! Baekhyun! It’s not w-what you think!”

“Why didn’t you tell me that you’re a fan of yadong?”

“MWO?!”

Chanyeol clapped his hands and knocked his hands on the wall. Baekhyun slapped his chest to bring him back to normal. Chanyeol cleared his throat and spoke. “So…”

“YAH! Why are you like this to me?”

“Ok, ok. Sorry.” Baekhyun stole the remote control from her hands and switched the television to an action movie.

Chanyeol sat beside her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. Kyungsoo turned away as she can’t handle too much sweetness in front of her. Especially when the man she likes is already happy on someone else’s company.

“Kyung, you want to watch?” Chanyeol asked.

Without turning to face them, she answered, “No, I’m fine.”

She headed straight to her room to get dressed. She needed to let herself find happiness. Temporary happiness, that’s her term for it.

She went outside the house and walked to the bus stop.

“Kyungsoo”

She felt cold air passed through her ears so she looked around. She saw nothing so she shrugged it off.

“I love you”

She felt cold so she hugged herself tightly.

Cold air enveloped her to a hug but she didn’t mind. She climbed into the bus and sat on a vacant chair beside the window.

“Babe, another chance please?”

 

A/N: Woot woot. I entered a oneshot contest. Support me please ;;; Here... http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/735812/fatalit---fortuitous-happenstance-angst-exo-xiuhun